I Miss Boem...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boem

I didn't necessarily agree with all the stuff he said, but he was one of the more articulate people on this forum and so well worth at least paying attention to. Except that he seems to get unceremoniously silenced all the damn time. And for all that some of his positions may have been disagreeable, he was far from being a troll worthy of treatment like this. Seriously, it's been months! How long is he gonna be on probation for?! This is getting ridiculous...

Meanwhile obvious troll threads like this keep on coming, and nothing is done about them - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2880800

Top quality work here indeed!
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2022, 9:13:44 PM
The problem is once you have been here a long time, the progressive probation periods are really tough.

Even a minor infraction for myself for example, would be over a month probation, and then permaban.

Not to mention moderation has VASTLY changed over the years. I think for long time forum posters, some consideration should be given to those of us with moderation history as the CoC changed and how it was enforced updated.

It seems dumb that I could get a month probation for saying someone was a stupid troll for example, but here we are.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 24, 2020, 11:44:45 AM
You are missunderstanding the legal system in this state, carefull now, defending the weak with a Boem´s Life Matters protest will only paint a mark on your back.

You could have pmed a moderator with the troll-link and a short statement that hes attempting to start a violent discussion. You have to take into consideration that moderators are human too, beeing prejudiant comes naturally with that designflaw.

-War-
Lachi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
i dont miss "peace -boem-"

peace
C1111
my english sux.
Whether one misses a certain poster or not is not the matter, what matters is that those... driven away lately were people that had character and interesting things to say, this doesn't even mean that one had to share their point of view. Regardless this forum is not a better place without people like Charan, Boem or Shagsbeard, and of course Altnaharra, my favorite poster.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on Jun 24, 2020, 3:12:45 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
The problem is once you have been here a long time, the progressive probation periods are really tough.

Even a minor infraction for myself for example, would be over a month probation, and then permaban.

Not to mention moderation has VASTLY changed over the years. I think for long time forum posters, some consideration should be given to those of us with moderation history as the CoC changed and how it was enforced updated.

It seems dumb that I could get a month probation for saying someone was a stupid troll for example, but here we are.

I remember when I started in the middle of Abyss, I was shocked at what people were allowed to get away with saying.

It's changed dramatically since then, some for the better but probably more for the worse.
Yep, totally over league play.
Charan is still about, I'd guess Boem and the old guard may have alts, but the forum is a shadow of its former self. It is what it is I guess, time passes, capitalism happens, people move on.

-A**hole-

Powertrip.
How do these people even get put on probation? All I do is argue with people and I've never been put on probation, lol.

And not gonna lie, that "peace Boem" stuff annoyed me. I guess I'm saved from that for a little while.
"
Destructodave wrote:
How do these people even get put on probation? All I do is argue with people and I've never been put on probation, lol.

You mostly don't get punished for your behaviour. What GGG is most paranoid about here is any discussion of politics or religion, defined and decided based on however the mods are feeling that day. Boem likely wasn't put on probation for attacking anyone. The ones who don't thrive here are typically the ones who're believers in free discussion, or that things in life are inherently interconnected (just check how much they've had to babysit their own Covid thread lol, and that's after they shut down 3 former ones), unconstrained by arbitrary rules trying to pretend some aspects of the world don't exist.

Even threads on those that aren't antagonistic are shut down, such as this - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2828355

And, of course, you aren't allowed to voice dissent too blatantly - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2865089
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 25, 2020, 5:59:49 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
I didn't necessarily agree with all the stuff he said, but he was one of the more articulate people on this forum and so well worth at least paying attention to.

The guy reminds me of my aging grandpa who spends his time rambling endlessly on off-tangent shit. But ok lul articulate.

I'm with dave on this one. I have no idea how people get banned on the forums. I spend half my time intentionally flaring toxic flamewars, and I've had countless posts deleted because of politics/religion. Never been banned once. I know that sounds like bullshit for someone like me, but I haven't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info