I Miss Boem...

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
So I just learned that apparently there is such a thing as permanent probation. Explains a lot...

That's odd. Normally it would say "banned".

Probation, typically means that return to full function after a period of time. Otherwise this is dumb wording. Permanent Probation is an oxymoron.

Banning suggests to people that they committed a crime or cheated in some way. I suppose they don't want to imply that, as it creates a legal liability, while still retaining the ability to permanently disbar someone from the forums.

More importantly, if you're 'banned', you can make another account; in fact, you're encouraged to, because you have to buy those mtxes all over again on a fresh account. Whatever got you banned, hope you learned your lesson. With the effectively-eternal probation status, that option isn't open to you. Make another account to post here, it'll be permanently probated too. You're not welcome here, period. You have been deemed incorrigible. Beyond redemption. You can still play, of course, and please do keep buying those mtxes, but your presence on this forum is absolutely denied in perpetuity.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
punishing only those that supported the company is a weird way of handling a forum. just saying. even deleting the comments is better.

on the other hand it's on ggg to get rid of someone they don't want as a supporter.

peace
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
punishing only those that supported the company is a weird way of handling a forum.
Are you saying that GGG ignores garbage behaviour from people who haven't bought anything? Is there any evidence to suggest that?
he probably got a 3 month probation so he should be back at the end of this month.
they dont just put you on the same amount of time each time,it gets extended each time you get on it and he was on it a few times lately.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jul 17, 2020, 11:34:45 PM
"
"
vio wrote:
punishing only those that supported the company is a weird way of handling a forum.
Are you saying that GGG ignores garbage behaviour from people who haven't bought anything? Is there any evidence to suggest that?

that's a joke right?
getting banned/perma silenced on a throwaway account does hurt you?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
"
vio wrote:

that's a joke right?
getting banned/perma silenced on a throwaway account does hurt you?
No, no joke. "Only people who support the company are punished" and "throwaway accounts being banned isn't a big punishment" are two distinct ideas, and it was the former I was responding to, not the latter.

(I would dispute that not buying something in a free game makes someone's account "throwaway" anyway)
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Jul 18, 2020, 9:04:59 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
How do these people even get put on probation? All I do is argue with people and I've never been put on probation, lol.

You mostly don't get punished for your behaviour. What GGG is most paranoid about here is any discussion of politics or religion, defined and decided based on however the mods are feeling that day. Boem likely wasn't put on probation for attacking anyone.

I just got off a 2 week suspension for calling some items in the game "garbage".

that was the word, my post had a [removed by support] in it, and the word garbage was what they removed. I said they were adding garbage items to an already item bloated game to sell tabs.

in the game there is a trash to treasure prophecy. that prophecy describes the majority of items that drop as trash, these are trash items. trash = garbage, same thing, trash can, garbage can, actually garbage is a bit less of a slangy and offensive word than trash. but I had the word garbage removed and was put on a 2 week probation for calling items in the game garbage because all items are made by ggg, and therefor calling an item garbage is 'calling the work of ggg garbage".

this was in that 60 page thread of hate GGG got for those new tabs they released. i was the only person probated for posting in that thread, there were probably 30+ other posts way more offensive and just outright hateful than mine in there totally unmodded. One post on the very next page simply said "fuck you". that was all the guy had to say to ggg, "fuck you", no one modded his post, wasnt probated, wasnt [removed by support], just left there.

i dont think the mods even read his post, i dont think they read the thread, he was on something like page 8 out of 60 and his post along with many other posts that really were just posts purely hating on ggg and calling them names with no real critique, using really offensive language, none of it moderated before my exchange with support where i pointed this out. theyre not even reading the threads i think they just read certain peoples post histories. Boem could probably make a post and 50 other people make identical posts in the same thread and he would be banned and theirs would even be moderated cause i dont think theyre even reading the thread theyre just reading his post history and essentially harassing him specifically for things that 100 other people are getting away with completely unchallenged every day. then the more they target and harass him the more he gets a record which then means they think hes even more of a target they need to take action against which then feeds this vicious circle of completely unwarranted and unjustified mod harassment.

boem is probably in the top 1% of people in the forums history when it comes to actually giving insightful commentary and feedback on the game, ultimately its this forums loss not boems.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I just got off a 2 week suspension for calling some items in the game "garbage".

that was the word, my post had a [removed by support] in it, and the word garbage was what they removed. I said they were adding garbage items to an already item bloated game to sell tabs.

in the game there is a trash to treasure prophecy. that prophecy describes the majority of items that drop as trash, these are trash items. trash = garbage, same thing, trash can, garbage can, actually garbage is a bit less of a slangy and offensive word than trash. but I had the word garbage removed and was put on a 2 week probation for calling items in the game garbage because all items are made by ggg, and therefor calling an item garbage is 'calling the work of ggg garbage".

this was in that 60 page thread of hate GGG got for those new tabs they released. i was the only person probated for posting in that thread, there were probably 30+ other posts way more offensive and just outright hateful than mine in there totally unmodded. One post on the very next page simply said "fuck you". that was all the guy had to say to ggg, "fuck you", no one modded his post, wasnt probated, wasnt [removed by support], just left there.

i dont think the mods even read his post, i dont think they read the thread, he was on something like page 8 out of 60 and his post along with many other posts that really were just posts purely hating on ggg and calling them names with no real critique, using really offensive language, none of it moderated before my exchange with support where i pointed this out. theyre not even reading the threads i think they just read certain peoples post histories. Boem could probably make a post and 50 other people make identical posts in the same thread and he would be banned and theirs would even be moderated cause i dont think theyre even reading the thread theyre just reading his post history and essentially harassing him specifically for things that 100 other people are getting away with completely unchallenged every day. then the more they target and harass him the more he gets a record which then means they think hes even more of a target they need to take action against which then feeds this vicious circle of completely unwarranted and unjustified mod harassment.

boem is probably in the top 1% of people in the forums history when it comes to actually giving insightful commentary and feedback on the game, ultimately its this forums loss not boems.

There's a word people here are dancing around, but I'll just outright say it:

profiling.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 19, 2020, 9:42:05 PM
yeah pretty much. i dont get it nearly as bad as some, yourself char and boem, ive seen you guys on probation so many times its insane. people are wondering what u guys are posting thats getting you put on probation, the answer is probably nothing that everyone else isnt posting 5 times a week every week for years, you just get treated differently to everyone else, thats why ur being probated.

slightly off topic char, seeing as we have a lot of free time atm with the lockdowns i grabbed disney+ to watch all the marvel and starwars stuff back to back in universe chronology. was it you who recommended starwars rebels? i had dismissed the cartoons before but id heard peoples with respectable opinions say clone wars and in particular rebels were worth a watch, i wanna say u were one of those people if not my apologies my ageing brain is obviously showing.

clone wars was decent but a little too many episodes too much filler type stuff for me but rebels was awesome, what a great show. actually i watched that madalorian show too that everyone is raving about... i dont really get it, i dont think it was very good tbh, rebels was so much better. loved it, if it was you who recommended it then thanks, im glad i watched it, did all 4 seasons on the bounce.
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

There's a word people here are dancing around, but I'll just outright say it:

profiling.

Without a doubt this happens. I've been on the wrong side myself, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. In the end it just makes people post less (which maybe is what they want)

The changes to the Code of Conduct were ridiculous given what they had allowed previously, and then seemingly retroactively held that against certain posters that had been here for YEARS, MANY YEARS, far more time than the majority of the the GGG staff. (not to mention the base reasoning for the change still boggles my mind)

Meh whatever I guess. If Sarah and the team are comfortable sending people like Boem into the abyss, and think that makes the forum better, so be it. It's jaded, backward thinking, but it's their forum to run as poorly as they see fit.

Spoiler
And for what it's worth I rarely agreed with Boem, and sparred with him often. But at least I have the basic understanding that having a forum with different viewpoints, experiences, and opinions is exactly the point of a forum to begin with. The forums are a shell of what they used to be.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info