I Miss Boem...

Reminder that, even a week later, Boem is still on probation...
"
Exile009 wrote:
(...)he was one of the more articulate people on this forum and so well worth at least paying attention to.

Boem?

"
yamface wrote:
(...)lul articulate.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
RIP Boem.

Peace - Vendetta -

Hey this is fun, writing like a semi pseudo intellectual writer.

"
yamface wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
I didn't necessarily agree with all the stuff he said, but he was one of the more articulate people on this forum and so well worth at least paying attention to.

The guy reminds me of my aging grandpa who spends his time rambling endlessly on off-tangent shit. But ok lul articulate.

I'm with dave on this one. I have no idea how people get banned on the forums. I spend half my time intentionally flaring toxic flamewars, and I've had countless posts deleted because of politics/religion. Never been banned once. I know that sounds like bullshit for someone like me, but I haven't.

You get on probation when some kid reports your posts because he thought that you bashed him about stealing his mom's credit card to buy MTX.

Try it out, that got me a full day of probation. And I wasn't even insinuating something, I just said that he reminds me of that kind of attitude :)).
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jul 1, 2020, 9:33:23 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Meanwhile obvious troll threads like this keep on coming, and nothing is done about them - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2880800

Let's not forget about these from the same person:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2794105
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590086

If what this guy posts and replies doesn't constitute inflammatory behaviour then i'm at a loss for what does.

I do share the sentiment that it's sad to see the pillars of discussion around here slowly crumble, whether or not you agreed with Boem / Charan / etc; the one thing I do know for sure is that they knew how to keep an interesting conversation going.

It's easy to point fingers at individual flaws here, but when you have an army of K*****ro clones brigading their "unique" opinions around the forums with 0 consequence it really puts a damper on the desire to even come here to read let alone post.

I posted a thread about 5 years ago now saying how much I loved the style of discussion and the openness here in the PoE forums, and it's saddening to take an objective look at the events of the past few years and realise that it just isn't the case anymore.

:(
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
So I just learned that apparently there is such a thing as permanent probation. Explains a lot...
"
Exile009 wrote:
So I just learned that apparently there is such a thing as permanent probation. Explains a lot...

That's odd. Normally it would say "banned".

Probation, typically means that return to full function after a period of time. Otherwise this is dumb wording. Permanent Probation is an oxymoron.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Probation, typically means that return to full function after a period of time. Otherwise this is dumb wording. Permanent Probation is an oxymoron.

Banning suggests to people that they committed a crime or cheated in some way. I suppose they don't want to imply that, as it creates a legal liability, while still retaining the ability to permanently disbar someone from the forums.
Who?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Banning suggests to people that they committed a crime or cheated in some way. I suppose they don't want to imply that, as it creates a legal liability, while still retaining the ability to permanently disbar someone from the forums.

last time i discussed the wrong topic my account got locked.
and unlocked after i cleared that up with support by mail.

at that time i got a glimpse of the reasons why people moved to reddit
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Who?

There always has to be one.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info