(Current Pro) POE no longer a skillful game. Even D3 and esp Diablo 1 have higher arcs

Yes, I said it, the phrase, the taboo, the forbidden and whatnot. Some consider it taboo to compare PoE to Titan Quest, D1, or Diablo 3 (or even Botablo 2, lol). But people who usually say this are actually just afraid ] that they might have more in common with what they claim to not like than they actually present themselves as having. And I don't need to be playing this current season to have a valid opinion as a pro.

Having been a higher tier racer/pro at both games, (top 3 for first 24 hours of a poe race, top 10 multiple seasons in Diablo 3, in addition to leading raids in Wow for a proGuild)... I can say that there are big differences. In diablo 3, you do have to get a lucky rift or 'perform' (at a higher skill) to clear a less favorable level and hit the leaderboards. But in PoE, you get a couple lucky drops you shouldn't have, and you'll be in a top position for the rest of the season. Regardless of if you use that drop or not, SSF or not, you will be higher up the rest of the season. Find a good 'off' item in D3, and you will have to start a new character or trade it to a player who is currently in your party whom that item is of sufficience to. This shouldn't be a foreign concept to any real gamers here.

The advantage to PoE is, you're racing and competing against people with a broken system. Someone gets a mirror, someone doesn't. In diablo, your competitors have the same item 'steroids' you do. In that respect, the competition in Diablo 3 is more balanced and hence much more skillful. A diablo pro can still get through a tough Rift without his resistances completely capped and a perfect skill tree. A poe player simply can't. There's no getting to a GR110+ rift guardian and failing to perform. In Poe, you can spam exit or set up a quit game macro when you are in trouble. There's none of that rubbish in D3. You log out on hardcore you will come back dead. There's a reason fake pros like Kripp never made any multiple leaderboards, yet in PoE he's considered one of the greatest. In d3, he's considered above average at best. Just youtube Kripp diablo 3 death to see him failing on a basic rift, while at the same time being a Poe 'pro'.

Anyhow, I got off my chest what my friends who are pro and I actually feel about the game right now. The crazy thing is that PoE has had a vast amount of support and time to create a rewarding meta-sphere, and failed on nearly every account. At least Diablo 3 can blame Activision for it's barren balance squad. And just for the record, I'm not just an ARPG pro. As I said earlier, I have led a pro tier team in WoW in guildwars and still lead one. So when I say what's wrong with a game, it's simply wrong.
Last edited by SadDropUser on Mar 18, 2020, 1:21:36 AM
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2020, 11:09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Let me start off by saying this sounds a bit like what "The God of Gaming" said about a year ago.

Second...While I understand that PoE has a competitive racing scene (just look at the one from last year), most of us don't even play PoE for the competitive aspect. Don't judge a game solely on its competitive scene, that's incredibly narrow-minded.

PoE and almost other ARPG have some element of randomness to them, that's just something you'll have to live with.
lol
Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention Kripp in so long that I'd forgotten about him.
Cool story bro, thanks for sharing
"
Ozxell wrote:

There's many different ways to 'dodge the bullet'. You essentially just hit all the marks for Rodeo Clown.

You can't deny in D3 there's no way to stop all the other players from completing their builds. So there's more people competing.
"
SadDropUser wrote:
"
Ozxell wrote:

There's many different ways to 'dodge the bullet'. You essentially just hit all the marks for Rodeo Clown.

You can't deny in D3 there's no way to stop all the other players from completing their builds. So there's more people competing.

Most of us here don't care that much about being competitive. Or about D3 for that matter.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
SadDropUser wrote:
"
Ozxell wrote:

Most of us here don't care that much about being competitive. Or about D3 for that matter.

That's the problem at hand. Your pros hide, even in D3 pros are ready to challenge the GR record at any given moment of the day. So yeah, D3 does take more skill per say.. path of exile has a lot of content, though. Content is pretty good for casual gamers.
"
Lewtz wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I'm still trying to piece together your broken english in so many spots. Are you making a joke about a deadly virus and thinking it's funny here?
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 18, 2020, 3:35:37 AM
People who quit d3 did so because that game is trash.
It has nothing to do with not being skillful enough, as d3 requires no other skill than free time to fish for the right rifts.

PoE has players who can kill the hardest content in ssf hc incredibly fast, while others can never do that.
That is called actual player skill.

Logging out to avoid death makes perfect sense. Nobody wants to lose their character and start over.
In diablo 3 your isp decides how far your hc character goes.
Last edited by Fapmobile on Mar 18, 2020, 2:32:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info