(Current Pro) POE no longer a skillful game. Even D3 and esp Diablo 1 have higher arcs

"
Fapmobile wrote:
People who quit d3 did so because that game is trash.
It has nothing to do with not being skillful enough, as d3 requires no other skill than free time to fish for the right rifts.

PoE has players who can kill the hardest content in ssf hc incredibly fast, while others can never do that.
That is called actual player skill.

Logging out to avoid death makes perfect sense. Nobody wants to lose their character and start over.
In diablo 3 your isp decides how far your hc character goes.

Oh, I get it now. It's the ISP's fault you can't hit the ranks someone like me can in D3. I get it now. Thank you
I agree with the message.
I disagree with the tone.

But there is a very important point being dodged here:
(Nearly) No one cares about competivity in ARPG. It's -at best- a marketing ploy to attract newbs in MMOs and the likes.

It can be fun. And while it does require some amount of skill, it's on the very low end of the skill spectrum as far as competition is concerned.

A pro dota team would laugh at the skill required to be a competitive MMO or Diablo player.
A chess grandmaster would laugh at the skill required to be a pro dota player.

You can enjoy being the best at what you do in your little circle.
You gain nothing by awkwardly belittling those who enjoy another less skillfull playground.

You are a niche, degrading another niche, by talking to people who don't care about either niche.
No Diablo style ARPG was ever a high skill game. The intention of these games is obviously not to have a high skill competitive game, if it were there would be a million design decisions different. The mechanics just aren't what you would do if you wanted that.
do you require good skill if u want to do content with lesser gear and still be better than someone witha top notch gear though xD by dodging the right way u can survive so much more than just being over geared. jsut saying.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
SadDropUser wrote:
in addition to leading raids in Wow for a proGuild).

Name of the realm.
Name of the guild.
Name of the char.
+screenshot or didnt happen.

"
polimeris wrote:
A pro dota team would laugh at the skill required to be a competitive MMO or Diablo player.
A chess grandmaster would laugh at the skill required to be a pro dota player.

Actually, if you dont count "classic". To be in World first race, you actually need a skill. And dedication for tedious grind...
Last edited by Aeon42 on Mar 18, 2020, 6:23:00 AM
Oh, so OP is a "pro" competitor in a basically non-competitive sanbox game(s).
Mmkay, where i can get an autograph?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Ah...

The "S-Tier pro player" who can't finish Act 10 as a Marauder...

I remember you...

Spoiler
For anyone wondering - always check post history if you smell a troll
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Ah...

I remember you...

Spoiler

BUUUURRRN!!!!
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Ah...

I remember you...

Spoiler

BUUUURRRN!!!!

EDIT: You know what... why is there not an option to delete accidental double posts when the latency of servers cause you to have to click (submit) twice just to get the servers to realize you would like to post...
Last edited by daegda on Mar 18, 2020, 2:11:28 PM
Even if they weren't trolling...

Imagine thinking devs should cater to insecure people who can only get off by stroking their e-peen by thinking they're better than others, and forcing them to play by their standards.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info