(Current Pro) POE no longer a skillful game. Even D3 and esp Diablo 1 have higher arcs

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Even if they weren't trolling...

Imagine thinking devs should cater to insecure people who can only get off by stroking their e-peen by thinking they're better than others, and forcing them to play by their standards.

So what you're inticing is that once a pro like me hits the level they designed to be 'the top', I shouldn't criticize or have any changes in mind for the game? That's lunacy. All products should attempt to deliver, especially in the case for a specific higher level.

The fact we are even arguing about this is more than futile for you were born a halffellow.
There are a lot of things I do not like about PoE (notorious random system and useless def especially), but when I judge that game I remember that I do it as a player.

I simply can not grasp all these hidden intentions and meanings that go behind the curtain because I don't know them. Yeah, something bothers me - well, I can always quit and don't play for a league or two, or five - real would is a better place anyway.

The point is - if I want a NPC Helena in my HO to be able to trade some Gems and currency with me it might happen and might not. But, simultaneously, GGG wants to keep that huge train called PoE out of the wreck and that's a bigger issue than switching some NPCs.
So devs do their job as best as they can (hopefully) with some occasional mistakes and oversights. Well, errare humanum est.

But - again - I am a customer in this relationship and I can always go away if that product becomes a turd (pardon moi). Life is huge and amazing thing and there're lots of real challenges. Why would anyone care about some random loot-chasers or HC pros who can't take a sit without Alt+F4 themselves if there is a cockroach in the closet. I don't understand that.
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.
"
j33bus wrote:
No Diablo style ARPG was ever a high skill game. The intention of these games is obviously not to have a high skill competitive game, if it were there would be a million design decisions different. The mechanics just aren't what you would do if you wanted that.

^

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Ah...

The "S-Tier pro player" who can't finish Act 10 as a Marauder...

I remember you...

Spoiler
For anyone wondering - always check post history if you smell a troll

WOW, holy cow indeed :D

priceless
"
SadDropUser wrote:
First off, I do actually appreciate this game HUGELY. Gaming, particular ARP's, have been something myself as well as friends and siblings have enjoyed for a good chunk more than a decade or two.

That's why I feel like a high level player should possibly say what a lot of players have probably been feeling for a while... the final act isn't fair for Mauraders. Even certain minibosses and rares are too much, and then there's the last two bosses.

As the title says, it's simply not possible for a maurader, skill level high or low, to complete the act. How do I know this? Well, I know skill can't change the scenario at all, because I've done everything possible.

Keep in mind I'm not some run of the mill noob. I've previously been a S-tier player in Everquest, holding rank placements in Diablo 3 during release, and for 3 years I was regarded as a top 5 raid leader in WoW. So when I say it's broken and not a skill issue, I mean it. Don't take this as something it isn't, just a high level players thoughts of game design.

This 'pro" has never touched HC btw, who would have thought huh ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 18, 2020, 8:55:31 PM
@OP

Useful feedback is specific and actionable.

"PoE should be based more on skill so that players have an increased sense of agency and thereby have more fun," while arguably true (I happen to agree strongly with the statement), is practically useless as a piece of feedback.

"The PoE dev team should look more closely at how attacks are telegraphed in game X, and then implement something similar so that it becomes more about skillful dodging and less about cheese" is both specific and actionable. As such, it is well-stated feedback. (Whether it is good feedback or not is a question of opinion, of course.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
SadDropUser wrote:

That's the problem at hand. Your pros hide, even in D3 pros are ready to challenge the GR record at any given moment of the day. So yeah, D3 does take more skill per say.. path of exile has a lot of content, though. Content is pretty good for casual gamers.

And yet you hide on an Alt account. Nice!

- There is no 'skill' in Diablo, PoE or any other ARPG, the leaderboards are held by whoever plays the longest at launch without having bad RNG / making a stupid mistake / dying to a bug, etc. In the end, it all comes down to time played, regardless.

- Your imaginary WoW guild is irrelevant seen as WoW raiding hasn't been a 'challenge' since Sunwell. (Bar the occasional pre-nerf fight like 25man LK heroic)

"
Keep in mind I'm not some run of the mill noob.

"
As the title says, it's simply not possible for a maurader, skill level high or low, to complete the act.

The 'Act 10 is impossible on a marauder' post was a good laugh tho, Mr. God of Gaming 'V2'. Haha.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
SadDropUser wrote:

That's the problem at hand. Your pros hide, even in D3 pros are ready to challenge the GR record at any given moment of the day. So yeah, D3 does take more skill per say.. path of exile has a lot of content, though. Content is pretty good for casual gamers.

Judging by his other troll thread .... it's probably his main account.
The guy is literally new to the game and isn't capable of going through the 10 acts by himself in SC.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
SadDropUser wrote:

Judging by his other troll thread .... it's probably his main account.
The guy is literally new to the game and isn't capable of going through the 10 acts by himself in SC.

Dude... remember who he is!

"
I'm not sure you actually understand who I am/some of my achievements in game. Currently:Top 5-10 raider leader on Azeroth, before AND afer the xpac. Leaderboards every single D2/D3 ladder update. Masters 1 zerg at Sc2.

--

But yes, looking at the achievements, it is his main account, sadly.
"
daegda wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Ah...

The "S-Tier pro player" who can't finish Act 10 as a Marauder...

I remember you...

Spoiler
For anyone wondering - always check post history if you smell a troll

BUUUURRRN!!!!

The humble fact that he even believes this experimental account is my main is atrocious to the minds eye. Probably has never read a bible or any prophetic documents in his/her entire life.

No pro can get away with disclosing the opinions I'm willing to, hence why I'd never do it on a main. Just look at this, 3 pages of ragelusting nerds ready to attack someone simply for being better than them at their game of choice. Ridiculous

You look at this post as a (excuse me but yeah) f***ing insult, when you should be effing thanking me. We all know how we feel about the current meta. It's trash. And making headhunters more available is a literal slap to the face of people like myself who have actually put in the work and mind.
Last edited by SadDropUser on Mar 18, 2020, 11:04:30 PM
"
SadDropUser wrote:
The humble fact that he even believes this experimental account is my main is atrocious to the minds eye. Probably has never read a bible or any prophetic documents in his/her entire life.

The only fact that one would need an "experimental account" speak volume honestly.

"
SadDropUser wrote:
No pro can get away with disclosing the opinions I'm willing to, hence why I'd never do it on a main. Just look at this, 3 pages of ragelusting nerds ready to attack someone simply for being better than them at their game of choice. Ridiculous

You would not know that because you are not a pro.

On top of that, it is possible to set profiles private so that character ... or literally no information apart from the ones chosen to be displayed ( which can be lowered down to ... the account name and the league challenges number ) can be seen publicly.
Anybody with 2 functionning neurones who cares about such things can find out about it very quickly, especialy, definitely in the case of people investing ( it being time or money or both ) into this game and its forum/community, and actual pro/top players of course do.

You don't though, you clearly don't.

PS : needing to reference "the bible" or "prophetic document" also tells a lot LOL. But that's just too silly at this point.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 18, 2020, 11:27:48 PM
i lol'd :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info