[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
fizel104 wrote:
"
10015 wrote:
"
I do something wrong? after detonation i have 1 blade but after 0,3s is increase to 2 blades. Its right?

That means you are detonating a little bit fast, try doing it little bit slower so it leaves only 1 blade up.

hmm... but after this i see my BV radius is increased so i can say its work? or only radius is increased but dps not?

If you're left with 2 blades that means you're getting 50% increased AoE and 35% more dmg. But 1 blade left means 100% increased AoE and 70% more dmg, and also enabling Plume crit.
Has anyone done further testing with Divergent Spell Echo?

I can confirm that removing spell echo from your links in an attempt to replicate the behavior of Greater Spell Echo/Plume does not work. Swapping echo out ruins the setup.

But swapping out Arcane Surge for Divergent Spell Echo and using Arcane Surge in a Vortex setup sounds very appealing.

Relies on it working correctly though. Anyone been able to test the theoretical damage/aoe increase of it?
ign: aan_allein_daishan
From my testing with Div Spell Echo, BV counts as 3rd repeat for Pledge, even after removing it. However once you remove it 3rd repeat is no longer your "Final Repeat" since max repeat count is 2, so Plume crit does not work.

So Plume + keeping Spell Echo in, is the only reasonable option, and as mentioned in the guide, thats a 35% more dmg multiplier (1.6 * 0.7 * 2.05/1.70) with 50% inc aoe.

Other factors:
- Spell echo has 140% mana cost multiplier compared to Arcane Surge's 130%.
- We have a total of 120% increased effect of arcane surge.

So heres my math:

* Arcane Surge Lv 21 in main setup:
(1 + 0.20*2.2)[AS buff] * 1.20[AS dmg] * 1.30[AS manacost] = 2.24 (including the manacost factor)

* Div Spell Echo + Arcane Surge Lv 12 in Vortex setup, 2 vortex casts should proc it:
(1 + 0.16*2.2)[AS buff] * 1.35[Spell Echo dmg] * 1.40[Spell Echo manacost] = 2.55

So all in all divergent spell echo is more dmg and a little bit more aoe, at the cost of one less socket in the Vortex setup, and a bit less mana regen. Lemme know if my math makes sense or if I missed something.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 13, 2021, 12:29:59 AM
Hmm looking at Deathangelz setup, that seems tempting then. And his looks about as min/maxed as possible (his gear makes me want to cry).

Seems like he takes a few mana nodes to just barely hit 1800 mana cost (my pob says 1799, so assuming one of his Glorious Vanity nodes is a mana node).

Would mean swapping out of blood magic in the vortex setup, but could potentially drop all the minor mana nodes and grab something else. Maybe even drop the staff nodes + mana nodes and get another large cluster on the left side.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
koticgood wrote:
Hmm looking at Deathangelz setup, that seems tempting then. And his looks about as min/maxed as possible (his gear makes me want to cry).

Seems like he takes a few mana nodes to just barely hit 1800 mana cost (my pob says 1799, so assuming one of his Glorious Vanity nodes is a mana node).

Would mean swapping out of blood magic in the vortex setup, but could potentially drop all the minor mana nodes and grab something else. Maybe even drop the staff nodes + mana nodes and get another large cluster on the left side.

I think there is a mismatch between pob manacost and game manacost. Pob says 1799 but I clearly see 1800+ in game. My vanity only has resist on it, and I added them to the pob tree. Pob calculates my unreserved mana correctly.

It is clearly hard to get 1800 mana cost with rare armor + essence worm, although my items all have T1 mana. In other non-minmax options, you can swap chaos resist in gears to intelligence to get more mana, or keep using arcane. Thanks to my glorious vanity with + 35% resist, I barely get 76% all resist (including chaos) with all those T1 resist gears, not even sure if I can achieve the same in next league.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Feb 13, 2021, 3:32:20 AM
"

If you're left with 2 blades that means you're getting 50% increased AoE and 35% more dmg. But 1 blade left means 100% increased AoE and 70% more dmg, and also enabling Plume crit.

Thx for answer. Can u make some video how u making it? or someone else? i dont know what is going on but i never had 1 blade. All the time i have 1 blade and in next 0,3s its increasing to 2. Never happend to get 1.

PS. Ok i think i figure it out:D
Last edited by fizel104 on Feb 13, 2021, 4:57:06 AM
"
I can confirm that removing spell echo from your links in an attempt to replicate the behavior of Greater Spell Echo/Plume does not work. Swapping echo out ruins the setup.

"
From my testing with Div Spell Echo, BV counts as 3rd repeat for Pledge, even after removing it. However once you remove it 3rd repeat is no longer your "Final Repeat" since max repeat count is 2, so Plume crit does not work.

Guys, i've said it before and keep saying, swapping divergent spell echo does _not_ break the crit.

It's just the matter of WHEN you swap the plume.

If you swap in divergent spell echo instead of unleash, get 3 repeats setup, swap it back for unleash, THEN put on indigon - you still have 100% crit.
Do you keep 3-rd repeat bonus from pledge? very likely.

But if after getting 3-rd repeat setup you first swap to indigon, and THEN swap divergent spell echo for unleash, or do ANY change in gem setup / swap any gems (so if you're swapping arcane surge for concentrated effect for boss - you need to redo setup fully) / level any gem in that links - crit will be lost, because you don't have plume on, and "last repeat" status related to plume gets updated.

You wouldn't want to normally have divergent spell echo in you links, since according to wording it's "30% less" applies _even_ for final repeat..? So overall it's an awfull support gem to have in your links considering other gems it competes with...

There's some small hope that "60% more on final repeat" stays when you swap it out, obviously without 30% less that'd be a very good deal, so using it instead of normal spell echo for final repeat is a bit like kudoku worship lol.

The unfortunate truth is we can't get rid of unleash from our setup, as then we can't maintain 10 stacks, which is the most important thing... While on fun note we don't suffer any "less" modifiers from unleash that it normally has for other spells from "reoccuring", it's still 0% more technically, if you were somehow able to maintain stacks without it (dropping Sanctuary of Thought and casting twice as much?) much more dps would be possible.

"
You need as much movement speed as possible, like this

On the point of zoom-zoom i highly recommend chainbreaker from Akoya's Lethal pride + berserk gem.

Berserk gem buffs are insane, 30% MORE movespeed, 19% less dmg taken, 20% MORE spell damage on divergent variation.
AND you also get 0.2% extra ms for 1 rage. And it's instant-cast.
With just 25% ms boots, smoke mine + phase run you get 250% ms with quicksilver and berserk, like 190% without.
That's before you get tailwinds + elusive boots.

Since it's a timeless jewel you can just swap your glorious vanity for it when you need that extra zoom-zoom.

Yes, we have just about as much anti-synergy with that gem as you can get and will suffer maximum effect of rage loss for hitting enemies.
But overall it's still insane amount of extra zoom-zoom regardless, since you have to cover spaces between packs / backtrack etc.
Last edited by WrongBlight on Feb 13, 2021, 6:41:15 AM
Holy shit you're right. The order of swaps does matter.

I'll try to test out the damage when I have time.
Hi there,

First of all: Thanks for uploading this guide. I created something on my own and you helped me quite a bit.

But i have a question, and its quite an annoying problem (and i havent found any information online so far):

Sometimes my AoE from BV disappears and its just in the immediate area around me. When i cast it again, it appears in the normal AoE radius again, but its not clear for me what causes this. I cant proc that problem when i am in my hideout, so i guess its something when i get hit? i dont know.

So i thought i should ask here, because none of my guildmates can find an answer.

Thanks for the help, here is my pastebin if you want to take a look :)
https://pastebin.com/Gj8aJEuT

GreeTz, Terry
Use up all of my ex to buy this today, I think my build is complete.

Other gears just crafted recently

EDIT: My new POB https://pastebin.com/sfw6QfrV 53M DPS with Plume
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Feb 14, 2021, 9:00:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info