[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
Camatoo wrote:
The build runs very smoothly for me while mapping, but im not conviced enough from myself to run bigger bosses like uber elder or maven.
The survivability is great, i can stand within a full pack of harbringer mobs on a juiced valdo's rest map and run around like a lawmower. It's really more a question about damage. Sometimes it feels like i deal less damage than intended. I thought its archmage overlapping and screwing over my rotation with indigo, but thats not it.
Another thing, does vortex still work with culling and curse applying?
Im not sure it works. I doubt its a matter of arrangment of sockets in the body armour, is it?

Are there some things i could improve on the gear?
Resistances are a little tough, im around 30%+ over cap.

Im working on the %attributes on the stygian vise, but its a slow progress with harvest. If i would hit that, i could look for a replacment of the saphire ring.

Im currently running the base version without the initinal setup for 70% more damage or plume of pursiut. (do those really make a huge difference in pure boss fights? Maven or sirus?

The Vortex might be messing it up for you, try a lvl1 and see if it goes away.
Last edited by SenorHabanero on Feb 15, 2021, 10:19:00 AM
"
Camatoo wrote:
Sometimes it feels like i deal less damage than intended. I thought its archmage overlapping and screwing over my rotation with indigo, but thats not it.

Do you always hold down left click to move? If so, then lvl 12 Vortex is a bit too high lvl. I believe a lvl 9 Vortex should do the trick. My bad really, I did not consider the possibility that people would be holding down left click and thus proccing Vortex exactly on cooldown.
"
SenorHabanero wrote:

That Ammy is POG, any chance you can describe how you made that?

Edit: So i think you start off with the incursion base[ilvl82+]+dex, yolo influence and hope you get crusader then harvest craft the other mods?

You're basically right, start with incursion base 84 (for resist) %inc mana + T1 dex, which is cheap af. remove useless mods, bench craft increased crit chance and slam augu crit for multiplier. Use elemental catalyst then slam crusader ex, I unfortunately get +1 all lightning spell gem, so I craft cannot roll attack mod, then harvest remove add lightning until penetrates T1. Then slam aug life (make sure you still have cannot roll attack mod) and remove add til T1.

Or you can slam hunter orb for 10%ms... I tried making another amulet, but harvest craft remove add crit 10+ times and still not getting T1 multiplier so gave up.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Feb 15, 2021, 12:18:48 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:
Sometimes it feels like i deal less damage than intended. I thought its archmage overlapping and screwing over my rotation with indigo, but thats not it.

Do you always hold down left click to move? If so, then lvl 12 Vortex is a bit too high lvl. I believe a lvl 9 Vortex should do the trick. My bad really, I did not consider the possibility that people would be holding down left click and thus proccing Vortex exactly on cooldown.

ok, i will downgrade the gem again. Im terrible at understanding that game, so i never thought gemlevels would make a difference in culling/applying curses.

In terms of plume, you just equip it, do your normal sequence (10 stacks for more time) then swap back to indigo before your BV expires? Or does it make more sense to do the whole thing with the gemswap?
Last edited by Camatoo on Feb 15, 2021, 12:30:42 PM
I don't think plume works? I follow the instructions, but don't get any benefits from plume or anything else.
why do I sometimes have a very small radius of the bv? :(
👀
Last edited by denhol on Feb 15, 2021, 12:55:06 PM
"
Camatoo wrote:
ok, i will downgrade the gem again. Im terrible at understanding that game, so i never thought gemlevels would make a difference in culling/applying curses.

An easy way to do it is to start with level 1 Vortex - run a map and check your damage from time to time. Level it to level 2, run another map, and compare, your damage should be just a bit higher. Keep going until you trip the cost and kill your DPS, then scour it back down to the previous level.

You will likely hit this breakpoint around level 8 or 9. It's not important that you maximize every little point of damage, though that helps. What's important is that you don't break your build by spending too much.
"
JermStudDog wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:

An easy way to do it is to start with level 1 Vortex - run a map and check your damage from time to time. Level it to level 2, run another map, and compare, your damage should be just a bit higher. Keep going until you trip the cost and kill your DPS, then scour it back down to the previous level.

You will likely hit this breakpoint around level 8 or 9. It's not important that you maximize every little point of damage, though that helps. What's important is that you don't break your build by spending too much.

i have it down to lvl 9 now, it seems to be working. Mobs die faster than before and i notice the culling strike on bosses.
I still have no idea why the level of the gem affects culling strikes and applying curses.
It seems I instantly die when attempting uber atziri because my damage is too much for the reflect. How is this handled?
"
Missngo wrote:
It seems I instantly die when attempting uber atziri because my damage is too much for the reflect. How is this handled?

Sybil´s tormet on left ring slot + soul of Yugul + lvl 1 BV

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info