[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Can we use HeadHunter? I am using and didn't seem to notice any problems. Maybe some buffs reduce our DPS?
Using Headhunter is perfectly fine, its personal preference. Its just that this build doesnt benefit from some of the common buffs that other builds love: atk/cast speed, phys as extra element, and extra projectiles. But it doesnt hurt DPS either, theres no rare monster mod that deals with mana.
Perfect build, thanks a lot. Starting with this build was the most fun of them all. Moderately difficult (at first I had to farm through totems), but due to the peculiarities of the gameplay, farming is absolutely not boring. Great work!
Will I be able to clear most endgame content with 20exalt budget? I'm currently playing a very strong build (facetanking t16) but i'm missing a bit of speed. Just wondering if 20ex will be enough
At 20ex this build will not match the on-paper tankiness of a 82/82 Surrender Glad, but it will have significantly more DPS, more AoE, and no movespeed penalty from cyclone. So in practice since stuff dies very fast in a larger aoe, this build closes a lot of that gap. Also the ceiling for this build (both defensively and offensively) as you keep investing into it, is way higher than a Surrender Glad. Overall 20ex is on the lower side but it should still clear all normal content.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Sep 28, 2020, 4:56:07 AM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
At 20ex this build will not match the on-paper tankiness of a 82/82 Surrender Glad, but it will have significantly more DPS, more AoE, and no movespeed penalty from cyclone. So in practice since stuff dies very fast in a larger aoe, this build closes a lot of that gap. Also the ceiling for this build (both defensively and offensively) as you keep investing into it, is way higher than a Surrender Glad. Overall 20ex is on the lower side but it should still clear all normal content.

Thanks for the answer :)
Trying this build out, it seems pretty good so far! I have one question and probably a noob one to boost as I am new to casters. What is the point of phase run or how are we benefiting/using it? I put vortex on my left click (move key) like you said so it triggers automatically and phase run pretty much just gets cancelled all the time.

Overall, thanks for this great build guide!
Phase Run is useful only in a couple very specific scenarios: Sulphite Rotas, and running Fungal Caverns paths in deep delve without killing anything (to avoid zombie degen). In both cases Vortex needs to be unmapped from left-click. For the other 99% of the game, Phase Run is not used.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Phase Run is useful only in a couple very specific scenarios: Sulphite Rotas, and running Fungal Caverns paths in deep delve without killing anything (to avoid zombie degen). In both cases Vortex needs to be unmapped from left-click. For the other 99% of the game, Phase Run is not used.

Thanks! I also find it quite useful during the escape from heist lockdowns from time to time :)
how does this build compare to an assassin posion bv in terms of tankiness/dps ? can't decide between the two
Last edited by Lÿn on Sep 29, 2020, 7:02:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info