[3.13] Phoenixscales Cold BV Inquisitor - All Content ready - including Video Showcase/Guide!

thats also my question, thanks above me.. :D
"
Saevarna wrote:
Im afraid it will be necessary. It is possible to run 3 Heralds + Hatred without a Helmet & without an Enlighten, just skipping Zealotry. The same goes without any Amulet & Anoint and without Zealotry, you will have enough Mana for everything.
That being said, have you been able to find a reasonably priced staff yet? There have been very few ilvl 77+ ones this league so far.

I haven't found any decent staves so far. I've even been looking for base with just 90% spell dmg and +2 all spell skill gems to start harvest crafting but I can't even find that. The best option is a 9ex 6l with tacati spell dmg and non chaos as chaos with +2 all spell skill gems - but that one is 9ex and has 2 mana mods on it.
Hi

i´m playing your build this league and got some questions.

atm playing with 3 heralds, hatred and have around 270 free mana, but in maps im running out of mana rly fast so i need to use a mana flask. i just use BV every 3-4 secs but my mana regen of 27 is to low to sustain it with dash also. how do you sustain your mana better?

i know my gear is pretty bad but the staff (got it for 5ex and just needs some crafting)
dont know what to upgrade next probably helmet and boots
having huge dex problems but managed it with craftings for now

they changed the tags for the temple mod on the gloves so crafting them seems pretty bad this league ... just buying new and slaming until i hit seems best?!?
and tailwind on boots lost the crit tag ...

also in maps higher than tier 13 i´m very squishy with 4,6k health and getting one-shot from time to time
Got this build to level 80 and enjoying it so far, clearing yellow maps pretty easy on pretty budget gear. I do not have an Enlighten or other reduction gear yet so running Hatred and herald of Ash, Ice and Purity.

I have a couple of questions, it says that the build has elemental reflect immunity, where does that come from?
How do I get more chained explosions? Currently my herald pops a few monsters nearby but it does not clear packs like in the video, do I need more crit chance for that or is it just more damage needed?
So, overall the crafting needs an update - with 3.12 there have been updates made to the tag system and I haven't come around to take a look at everything.
"
Have you tried new content yet? 10 boss and Maven fights? I'm looking for endgame killer and since long time I was thinking about cold BV. Will it be safe for new uber content?

I have not been able to do the new content yet, not even with this build. Judging from what I have seen so far, the endgame version is very much capable of killing everything with decent to good play, though it will require some investment. Perhaps a small comparison can be made to the Multiple T4 Harvest Bosses, I think there are videos in the playlist for that. The build has good tankiness and sustain, so if you are familiar with the mechanics it should be good.
"
I have a couple of questions, it says that the build has elemental reflect immunity, where does that come from?

It is/was possible to get Reflect immunity from the rings, I have crafted 1 ring but not the other. It is certainly not Reflect immune, so that is an oversight of mine in the forum post.
"
How do I get more chained explosions? Currently my herald pops a few monsters nearby but it does not clear packs like in the video, do I need more crit chance for that or is it just more damage needed?

Heralds do not have an inherent Critical Strike Chance. The way they do damage and chain from mob to mob is via Base Crit, either from Ascendancy, if used in a Helmet with Spell Crit +3%, or in our case from the Body Armour with the Spells have +1.5% to Critical Strike Chance. This chance then scales with all spell crit increases we allocate on the tree.
Thanks for the guide, I'm playing a budget version of the build as a league starter, got it to level 91 and am currently upgrading its gear for endgame stuff.

I know that a lot of info in this guide needs an update but since the comment below is from a recent post I wonder if this is an oversight or something that has changed since past leagues:
"
Heralds do not have an inherent Critical Strike Chance. The way they do damage and chain from mob to mob is via Base Crit, either from Ascendancy, if used in a Helmet with Spell Crit +3%, or in our case from the Body Armour with the Spells have +1.5% to Critical Strike Chance. This chance then scales with all spell crit increases we allocate on the tree.

The way I understand it, in this build HoI gets base crit from Assassin's Mark (only useful on bosses now sadly) and from Bottled Faith. But the "+x% to Spell Critical Strike Chance" doesn't seem to apply to HoI, at least in PoB it doesn't work. Am I missing something?
Got decent staff today 8ex for base then used fated connections on it. Now to perfect it :D

Build is performing well so far. It definitely helps getting explodey chest and some decent gear. Any chance you'll add a crafting section for amulet?

Also, would highly recommend everyone playing to get glorious vanity ASAP for this build. It feels really squishy until you get it.
In the early game.

I cannot have enough reserved mana node and item.

if i give up a hearld, which one is better?

hearld ice or purity?
"
junubshun wrote:
In the early game.

I cannot have enough reserved mana node and item.

if i give up a hearld, which one is better?

hearld ice or purity?

Herald of Ice is giving me the least dmg at high level. Not sure about lower level though.
Herald of Ice gives the least DPS, but is really nice for clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info