[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

"
@9v1d0

Don't get me wrong now: I never argued against Ryslatha's being top DPS nor did I say it's a bad pick. But sorry, your arguments are quite weak here on using it.
1. If you one hit anything even with less damage - why pick it then and not a better one defence-wise (more health easily possible with stygian >100 life +>45 str roll + abyss jewel with >25 life).
2. Not going crit often does not really improve consistency in damage, because look at those crit builds on this forum: almost all of them try to get really close to 100% crit.

All of it does not matter all too much though. If it feels good, keep it of course. I just like to think things through a bit. Honestly I will also change quite a bit of things on this build. For example I am trying out double curse elemental weakness + flammability and some curse clusters. Saw something like this on another build and well - why not make use of this here? :D

-----
btw: you could add the PoB link to starting Post
Also consider alternatives for Master of fire / cooked alive medium cluster jewel. You cannot get this combination anymore it seems. Cooked alive seems to be also really expensive in clusters. This is why I try some cursing things.
Earthshatter sounds quite interesting indeed. Probably the best skill for exerted-builds but I will also look at Heavy Strike maybe for lazyness :D

1. I still cannot one-shot Sirus so that's why I still prefer more damage where I can. It's more for bossing. Also, Ryslatha's Coil costs 1ex. Getting only the life on the belt would cost more already. And investing tens of exalts in crafting a belt that is "maybe" better doesn't seem to be worth it for me. Would love to hear your feedback if you manage to craft it.
2. Yes, you are right. Crit builds usually go for 100% crit chance.

Let me know if that works out for you. Would love to improve the build.
"
sas115 wrote:
"

I can accept if you are OK with Ryslatha's but this does not make my points untrue. Will try it out though maybe when I got the currency. Looking at the numbers, your rotation definately makes some sense.

I am still bothered on slow animation speed. Let's take Sirus who does this DIIIIE-thing where you have to dodge within a second or well... you would DIIIIE indeed. Not sure how to solve this at this moment. Or do you just one hit him, too? :D

You can get a bit attack speed to make it easier, faster but its not somthing needed for lower tiers. You should really play the build and then say things that it feels bad and so on, you can dash away without any issues from it losing the attack and even if your too slow for that theres a huge chance you will survive it and regen back to full just after.

Btw there is pob link under tree section for all tiers and about clusters you can just fossil craft those clusters should be a lot cheaper this way and you have a kinda good chance on hitting it. (Also master of fire and cooked alive on medium should be posible to make its just that there are 0 on market and im basing it on the fact that both exist on this exact type of medium cluster)

To curse things you need to get +1 curse (to be able to use 2 curses) and thats a lot more expensive than clusters on avarage as your options are :

- +1 curse on tree which is too far away,

- annointing +1 curse on amulet but you would need clusters to get mana leech so kinda beats the point of it,

- +1 curse on chest and it with good stats is like 8-10ex+ alone unless you want to craft it on yourself tho its an idea for end game i guess...

Yep, will try out these days. Was just a bit afraid that I will spend my last currency into something that won't really work.
Never did fossil crafting. While I got a slight clue how that works on armour I dont know how it works on jewels. Guess I gotta find some guide about that. But you're right, according to poedb Master of fire + cooked alive is possible although incredibly hard to craft because of the low weights.

+1 Curse is pretty cheap these days. Just annoint it for 3 goldens, which is now less than 90C in total. Getting flammability is imo way better than the usual 6% more damage of other annoints. The tough bosses have 33% curse effectiveness which still results into -14,7% fire res and by master of drought you can easily but this number up. Not to mention the greatness of this curse against T16 bosses that have 66% effectiveness. The only real downside of it is the mana reserving of blasphemy which makes me lose 1 herald probably.
I pretty much always use fuel the fight on Clusters. It's not even too expensive and since you're pretty much always leeching it's also an OK dps node.

@9v1d0 now that's a good point with sirus dps. I will experiment a bit, maybe I will also skip the second curse for another herald. But maybe the next job would be to improve this build in the crit-direction. This could be great for next season depending on how they will change talents and so on.
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Aug 22, 2020, 6:27:35 AM
I finished the build today. There are couple of ridiculous ways I could push this build even further but those won't be possible to repeat. Here is a sneak peak where I started testing out how tanky the build is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjL_FfeNwEA
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Aug 22, 2020, 4:52:55 PM
"
9v1d0 wrote:
I finished the build today. There are couple of ridiculous ways I could push this build even further but those won't be possible to repeat. Here is a sneak peak where I started testing out how tanky the build is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjL_FfeNwEA

Im not suprised at all seeing this video, i have done A6 sirius yesterday in similar way too.

Right now whats left is to make this guide beginner friendly/league start friendly as it can be done and tidy it up with clarified progression.
Also i dont see anywhere you mentioning what enchant we should take on helmet (i bet its gona be +1 fissure but it would be nice if you posted that)

Also somthing from me : i was testing chainbreaker and while on paper it looks good truth is that its useless when mapping and usualy useless for bosses aswell, on maps you will often see trash mobs in boss area and those take most of the rage making the buff rather inconsistent especialy if your not going to wait for rage to ramp up after getting to boss area. It does work on sirius, conquerors and thats about it as even vs shaper, elder or uberelder its gona be only anoying. Imo i would take corrupted soul just for that extra energy shield that sure we cant really regen but its better than nothing and with our life pool and defences it can save from some crazy stuff.
i invested quite a bit on this build
and i am kinda tier 1.5, mainly because i had to compromise on my chest to save some currency for other things
also for chainbreaker and earthshatter with this build you cannot spam the skill
the rage works more for diminishing the delay of the attack than getting more APS, so the more you spam earthshatter the less effective it becomes
i am just a bit lost in the medium cluster...is 3 cooked alive jewels really worth it? too hard to roll them
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
and i am kinda tier 1.5, mainly because i had to compromise on my chest to save some currency for other things
also for chainbreaker and earthshatter with this build you cannot spam the skill
the rage works more for diminishing the delay of the attack than getting more APS, so the more you spam earthshatter the less effective it becomes
i am just a bit lost in the medium cluster...is 3 cooked alive jewels really worth it? too hard to roll them

People like you are the reason i want OP to make this build more user friendly so everyone understands what to do.

Gear wise your somwhere inbetween Tier 4 and 3 with the fact that you went for tier 1 stuff without proper fundations so you messed up rest.

Helmet is really bad 60life and 40light res?
Amu is just trash like really? 60 dex and thats about it?
Gloves are IMO really bad but OP would need to clarify on it.
Mana flask? where is lion's roar?

Going for 3 cooked alive means that you should have a infernal cry linked with combustion to get ~100% ignite chance (-fire res all the time). But i dont get why your "using" anger and herald of ash if you are not using enlight lvl 4 and watcher stone to go with those at all.

You should take 2 steeps back because your gear is really lacking compared to Tier ~3 i have and is nowhere near being 1.5 tier to begin with. I know you wanted to just skip to higher tier but you just cant do that without proper gear to begin with.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

People like you are the reason i want OP to make this build more user friendly so everyone understands what to do.

Gear wise your somwhere inbetween Tier 4 and 3 with the fact that you went for tier 1 stuff without proper fundations so you messed up rest.

Helmet is really bad 60life and 40light res?
Amu is just trash like really? 60 dex and thats about it?
Gloves are IMO really bad but OP would need to clarify on it.
Mana flask? where is lion's roar?

Going for 3 cooked alive means that you should have a infernal cry linked with combustion to get ~100% ignite chance (-fire res all the time). But i dont get why your "using" anger and herald of ash if you are not using enlight lvl 4 and watcher stone to go with those at all.

You should take 2 steeps back because your gear is really lacking compared to Tier ~3 i have and is nowhere near being 1.5 tier to begin with. I know you wanted to just skip to higher tier but you just cant do that without proper gear to begin with.

the ammy is one that i dropped because i need the dex to use the chest, i bought it really cheap but it has high dex requirement, in the end i am losing a point in the tree and a mod from 2 items
i said i am tier 1.5 damage wise, i can kill most bosses with 3 hits and endgame i can tank them well
about the mana flask i just put it there because i was doing some no regen maps, i dont suffer lack of mana
the life mods are there because i am trying to harvest craft them but not much luck there :/ so i remove and normal craft them while i make some stock of life aug/annul from harvest
watcher's eye stone will come when i level up next
also enlighten lvl 4 the OP said that it is mandatory on tier 1 only when you want to add HoP
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

the ammy is one that i dropped because i need the dex to use the chest, i bought it really cheap but it has high dex requirement, in the end i am losing a point in the tree and a mod from 2 items
i said i am tier 1.5 damage wise, i can kill most bosses with 3 hits and endgame i can tank them well
about the mana flask i just put it there because i was doing some no regen maps, i dont suffer lack of mana
the life mods are there because i am trying to harvest craft them but not much luck there :/ so i remove and normal craft them while i make some stock of life aug/annul from harvest
watcher's eye stone will come when i level up next
also enlighten lvl 4 the OP said that it is mandatory on tier 1 only when you want to add HoP

well sure your armour is not the best for this build considering we have only a lot of str but still dont you think it would be easier to just buy an amu that gives you 70-90 life, 40 dex, maybe some int and atleast extra phys to fire? such amulets cost less than 1 ex somtimes even 50c and allow to craft somthing on it too...

Are you tier 1.5 damage wise? im killing t16 bosses with just 2 hits from earthshatter and imo im not even close to what dmg he does.

You are already using aura's that are supposed to be used when you get watcher's eye that makes them usefull compared to normal setup.

"We use Anger only because Watcher's eye buffs make it good. If you don't have Watcher's eye, use Herald of Purity or Blasphemy Support instead." quote from first page.

Also have you ignored the fact that you can get dex and int on jewels? from what i see you have only life and some dmg nodes instead of getting that amu that would give you a lot more dmg than just :

2% increased attack speed, 14% increased global phys, 15% increased damage with axes (we use mace btw) and 18% burning damage?

You could get on avarage 15dex, 5% max life and 8 int for solid 10c each to fix all your dex and int issues and maybe get some dmg mods for extra 15c. (yea i saw that +30 int and dex node too) and you wouldnt even lose much dmg if you upgraded the amu to somthing usefull, same with helmet that is just bad and i could find you an upgrade for 10c, +1 endurance charge on boots would be nice too given you can buy it for less than 2ex or if you get just 1 res then for way lower. (for my pair i paid 100c but doesnt seem to be any on market like that now, probably because end of the league) but you can always remove mods you dont need with harvest and craft what you need as long as you have a base.

Your build is lacking basic stuff and your trying to compensate it with other items making a huge mess that doesnt make much sense, instead of going simple you went for things that require a proper fundation that you dont have having somthing that barerly works and 1 small change can break your whole character

I just went with the easiest things from this guide and were upgrading as i was leveling and im not having any issues and im in place where i can just upgrade whatever i want without breaking anything. (my chest btw is just 4l why? because it was 4c and we dont need 6l unless you want idk 0,5mil dmg when your dealing 20mil+ each slam?)
Thats why i told you that you should take 2 steps back to the stage where your build is working as it was intended to and then do upgrade. It may be to late to do now though as there are less and less people playing hence selling items.
i agree that i didn't go with this so called foundation you say but i already got some items for the build and i put them together

i can also say that a guide nothing more than that, we aren't obliged to follow it to the letter
i can do 80% of his tier 2 but i only spent 50% if compared from making it from scratch
for example: the amulet gives me great amount of leech, i could take 3 of those unique tier 4 seed bosses at the same time and i didnt need to flask all the time, sure my damage was lacking but it wasnt uncomfortable

this is what i do:
i enter boss room, wait for max rage + activate all warcries and as the ngamahu's buff kicks in i dash and then hit the boss, then i wait 2 seconds for tawhoa's+fist of war to recharge then i hit again, imediattely flasking and using infernal cry to shatter spikes
but this the second impact and shouting is very very tight, so it is easier to hit first before the buff and only hitting for the second time after the ngamahu's
doing these i can kill t16 bosses (non-guardian/conqueror) spending around 20~30 seconds and i am fine with it since the clear speed is amazing

the only thing that i think this build is very weak is against poison i probably would roll an extra amethyst flask with poison immunity and let it rest on my inventory
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
i agree that i didn't go with this so called foundation you say but i already got some items for the build and i put them together

i can also say that a guide nothing more than that, we aren't obliged to follow it to the letter
i can do 80% of his tier 2 but i only spent 50% if compared from making it from scratch
for example: the amulet gives me great amount of leech, i could take 3 of those unique tier 4 seed bosses at the same time and i didnt need to flask all the time, sure my damage was lacking but it wasnt uncomfortable

this is what i do:
i enter boss room, wait for max rage + activate all warcries and as the ngamahu's buff kicks in i dash and then hit the boss, then i wait 2 seconds for tawhoa's+fist of war to recharge then i hit again, imediattely flasking and using infernal cry to shatter spikes
but this the second impact and shouting is very very tight, so it is easier to hit first before the buff and only hitting for the second time after the ngamahu's
doing these i can kill t16 bosses (non-guardian/conqueror) spending around 20~30 seconds and i am fine with it since the clear speed is amazing

the only thing that i think this build is very weak is against poison i probably would roll an extra amethyst flask with poison immunity and let it rest on my inventory

Hmm if it works for you then fine, just wanted to help given that we play this build together. Its true that i follow more closely to guide because i belive that 9v1d0 who spent weeks on this build making it as good as it can be knows what hes doing, sure no build can be trully min maxed but testing what works and what doesnt is what he already did. Also i spent like total of idk 6ex for my whole character and 4 ex went for 2x 6l tidebreakers?

Your poison problem could be solved if you had more endurance charges (boots) and more life so your life regen per secound was higher to out regen any poison/degen (you could also use Fertile Catalyst on rings to up the regen by just a lil bit too tho its overkill imo) as the bonus leech from your amu is well useless.

Dmg wise i just want to say it takes me 2 hits ~5-6 secounds total to slam earthshatter and destroy it with warcries (tho i asume you know that seismic cry inscreases the dmg by 30%-60%-90%-120%-150% more dmg the less uses it has so you shouldnt re use it) I saw 9v1d0 one shotting every map boss on stream so thats also somthing to keep in mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info