[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

"
9v1d0 wrote:

I updated the leveling section with skill tree progression images.
Thanks for the guide! Im realy glad its not Harvest-depended and should work out of harvest crafts.

Hi, 9v1d0! Thanks for the reply, i was during leveling while seen your post :)

So im gonna say my subjective feeling about leveling as league-starter this build.
First of all who is looking and thinking - you should understand for yourself if you like the playstyle - hit once, but hard. If not, may be you should look into Bers Frost Blades starter for example. I've tested it few days ago - its stupidly fast and gives other feelings.

Second, this is not build for fast pushing to maps, but it should not be the decisive factor what to play.
This build just slightly starting to shine after 2nd lab. It feel ok with two-handed i've found on the ground. But in the end you need clusters, links and levels to get good AOE.

"
9v1d0 wrote:

What kind of info would help you there?

Sorry if i've missed something from your first post.
1. Do we start using: Seiscmic Cry, Intimidating cry, Infernal cry as soon as we get?
2. Was hard to understand at start how infernal cry works.
"Exerted Attacks Trigger Combust the first time they deal a Melee Hit" - its only first exerted attack after we used infernal cry, right?
How does it inbuild "combust" works together with support gem Combustion?
Your suggestion links while leveling? Usually we dont have alot links at league-start.
Does damage links with Infernal cry gives boost on enemy explode? Or it gives boost to every direct hit from attack?
I've also noticed with curse setup its not always curse enemies (no hexproof mod).
3. What about Ascendancy order?
For personal feeling while leveling:
1. Valako - help with resist, regen allows to bother less with defense gear.
2. Tawhoa - dmg
3. Ngamahu - more dmg
4. Tasalio

4. Also, i've started using Fist of war as soon as i got it.
Tectonic slam - Ele dmg - Melee phys - Fist of war. With Tawhoa it feels pretty strong and helped a bit to understand and "feel" the cooldown of Fist of war.

5. Does intimidating cry gives double dmg to fissures explosion of Earthshatter?
Does fissures explosion works with curse on hit setup from Infernal cry?

I mean i would like to know the order at bossing.
Something like:
1. Precast all warcries
2. Earthshatter to place fissures
3. Started fight - intimidating cry - exploded
4. Earthshatter
5. Circle cry after every earthshatter until boss dies.

6. Gem links priorities?
For mapping best: 4link, 5link, 6link?
For bossing?

7. Gear priorities when we reached maps? What do we forcing to buy after except weapon? Ammy - collecting money for Xoph's blood? Or looking for Anger ammy?

8. Auras priorities during leveling. Do we switch for anger? I've used HoA and Anger and turned off HoP. Or better to go double heralds, blood and sand? Do we still use war banner on maps?
Your aura setup recommendation on mapping?

9. Do we use earthshatter before we getting 2nd weapon? For me it feels like Tectonic Slam is ok, at least for early bosses.

10. What about Blood rage for frenzy charges? At least early league? More dmg, slightly faster attacks.

p.s. hope you understand, english is not my native language.
Last edited by omgree on Sep 12, 2020, 2:55:51 AM
"
omgree wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:

I updated the leveling section with skill tree progression images.
Thanks for the guide! Im realy glad its not Harvest-depended and should work out of harvest crafts.

Hi, 9v1d0! Thanks for the reply, i was during leveling while seen your post :)

So im gonna say my subjective feeling about leveling as league-starter this build.
First of all who is looking and thinking - you should understand for yourself if you like the playstyle - hit once, but hard. If not, may be you should look into Bers Frost Blades starter for example. I've tested it few days ago - its stupidly fast and gives other feelings.

Second, this is not build for fast pushing to maps, but it should not be the decisive factor what to play.
This build just slightly starting to shine after 2nd lab. It feel ok with two-handed i've found on the ground. But in the end you need clusters, links and levels to get good AOE.

"
9v1d0 wrote:

What kind of info would help you there?

Sorry if i've missed something from your first post.
1. Do we start using: Seiscmic Cry, Intimidating cry, Infernal cry as soon as we get?
2. Was hard to understand at start how infernal cry works.
"Exerted Attacks Trigger Combust the first time they deal a Melee Hit" - its only first exerted attack after we used infernal cry, right?
How does it inbuild "combust" works together with support gem Combustion?
Your suggestion links while leveling? Usually we dont have alot links at league-start.
Does damage links with Infernal cry gives boost on enemy explode? Or it gives boost to every direct hit from attack?
I've also noticed with curse setup its not always curse enemies (no hexproof mod).
3. What about Ascendancy order?
For personal feeling while leveling:
1. Valako - help with resist, regen allows to bother less with defense gear.
2. Tawhoa - dmg
3. Ngamahu - more dmg
4. Tasalio

4. Also, i've started using Fist of war as soon as i got it.
Tectonic slam - Ele dmg - Melee phys - Fist of war. With Tawhoa it feels pretty strong and helped a bit to understand and "feel" the cooldown of Fist of war.

5. Does intimidating cry gives double dmg to fissures explosion of Earthshatter?
Does fissures explosion works with curse on hit setup from Infernal cry?

I mean i would like to know the order at bossing.
Something like:
1. Precast all warcries
2. Earthshatter to place fissures
3. Started fight - intimidating cry - exploded
4. Earthshatter
5. Circle cry after every earthshatter until boss dies.

6. Gem links priorities?
For mapping best: 4link, 5link, 6link?
For bossing?

7. Gear priorities when we reached maps? What do we forcing to buy after except weapon? Ammy - collecting money for Xoph's blood? Or looking for Anger ammy?

8. Auras priorities during leveling. Do we switch for anger? I've used HoA and Anger and turned off HoP. Or better to go double heralds, blood and sand? Do we still use war banner on maps?
Your aura setup recommendation on mapping?

9. Do we use earthshatter before we getting 2nd weapon? For me it feels like Tectonic Slam is ok, at least for early bosses.

10. What about Blood rage for frenzy charges? At least early league? More dmg, slightly faster attacks.

p.s. hope you understand, english is not my native language.

Thank you for your feedback omgree. I will try to answer some of your questions here.

1. Yes, use Seiscmic Cry and Intimidating cry as soon as you get them. They 1.5x your damage at least. I recommend to start to use third Warcry only once you get Measured Fury passive notable.

2. There is a section in guide specifically for Infernal cry with a screenshot. Does that help?
I will get to leveling links as soon as I can.

3. There is an Ascendancy section on passives I think would be in the correct order. Have not had a chance to test it out yet.

4. That gem setup sounds good!

5. Yes, it also give double damage to fissures. There is a link to a video where I explain the build and there you can find information on the sequence you are talking about.

6. I will switch the gems around a bit in the gem section when I get to it. But you had an right idea on point 4.

7. I have to test this out myself. My gut feeling actually says that Amulet and belt are going to be the place for resistances early leveling. The rest will be uniques. (also gloves before curse)

8. Anger is garbage without a Watcher's eye that supports it (mentioned in the guide). Its better to use Herald of Purity before the Watcher's eye.

9. No, I will start with Tectonic slam. Much better for mapping (not so good for bossing)

10. Hmm... Actually, that's a good idea. We later get Frenzy Charges With "Thread of Hope Crimson Jewel" and Discipline of Slaughter notable passive but before that it could be very useful.
3.12 News
We are in for the money boys. NO nerfs to this build and a slight buff with the Flammability that will make "Cooked Alive" cluster jewel more powerful by being more reliable.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Sep 16, 2020, 8:32:31 AM
Can this be ONLY tectonic slam? Or it would lose so much damage?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
webas wrote:
Can this be ONLY tectonic slam? Or it would lose so much damage?

Hello, webas. Earthshatter deals around 2x more damage against bosses. You will also lose some AoE on your Tectonic slam because you will be forced to go for max damage gems on the links instead.
Do multiple "Cooked Alive" cluster notables stack? I mean the negative resistance part, so if you have 3 does it give -30 fire res? I looked for this answer elsewhere and couldnt find if anyone had tested and confirmed it.
How do you manage to have valako up for the 15%more damage? We dont have any way to spend endurance charge with earthshatter
"
TJCE wrote:
Do multiple "Cooked Alive" cluster notables stack? I mean the negative resistance part, so if you have 3 does it give -30 fire res? I looked for this answer elsewhere and couldnt find if anyone had tested and confirmed it.

Yes, they stack.
"
Mwoua wrote:
How do you manage to have valako up for the 15%more damage? We dont have any way to spend endurance charge with earthshatter

Hey, Mwoua. Yes, you are right. I didn't realize that with Earthshatter we do not lose the charges. Works with Tectonic slam though.
"
9v1d0 wrote:
"
TJCE wrote:

Yes, they stack.

I know they stack on Path of Building, but there are a lot of -resistance mechanics that don't actually stack in-game. PoB has been confirmed to be wrong about these kinds of things before. I'm just surprised that they would code the notables in such a way that the same "cooked alive" debuff would apply multiple times. I feel like the majority of these kinds of debuff mechanics can only apply one time, and you would be just re-applying the same -10.

I do very much like the guide and am considering leaguestarting with it, and it will be awhile before I bother with cluster jewels anyways xd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info