[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

Updated all PoB links to 3.14. Nothing changed.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Apr 19, 2021, 4:52:40 PM
I'm testing the build in standard with my high level gear.
Regarding chain breaker and new Rage mechanic I came to this conclusion:
Without mana regeneration you run out of rage during mapping.
With 40% mana regeneration from "Shaper" node (2 points investment) you can survive if you carefully use dash, warcries and attacks.
For my usual play style "hit and run" with excessive dash, warcries and attacks you probably need 80-100% mana regeneration.

This requires about 2 skill points and 3-4 jewel affixes and would still not be very comfortable I guess.

My conclusion: I don't want to invest that much for chain breaker. The damage does not seem to be worth the investment.

Maybe someone finds a good source for rage/mana regeneration!?

P.S.: I'm playing around with blood magic, mortal conviction, petrified blood, low life and bloodthirst support. I'm not done with it but it feels similar to normal build. I replaced Pulverise on Earthshatter for more damage and less area. But you need to drop Herald of Ash due to reservation limits. Not sure if it's worth it though.
Last edited by OneLastDance on Apr 20, 2021, 1:11:01 PM
"
OneLastDance wrote:
I'm testing the build in standard with my high level gear.
Regarding chain breaker and new Rage mechanic I came to this conclusion:
Without mana regeneration you run out of rage during mapping.
With 40% mana regeneration from "Shaper" node (2 points investment) you can survive if you carefully use dash, warcries and attacks.
For my usual play style "hit and run" with excessive dash, warcries and attacks you probably need 80-100% mana regeneration.

This requires about 2 skill points and 3-4 jewel affixes and would still not be very comfortable I guess.

My conclusion: I don't want to invest that much for chain breaker. The damage does not seem to be worth the investment.

Maybe someone finds a good source for rage/mana regeneration!?

P.S.: I'm playing around with blood magic, mortal conviction, petrified blood, low life and bloodthirst support. I'm not done with it but it feels similar to normal build. I replaced Pulverise on Earthshatter for more damage and less area. But you need to drop Herald of Ash due to reservation limits. Not sure if it's worth it though.

Hello, OneLastDance. Thank you for the feedback on the new mechanics. I tried the new gems a bit on my SSF Ultimatum character as well and the 35% mana reservation really does limit the possibilities. I removed the section from 3.14 news.
I don't have much to add except I also found the chain breaker is definitely not worth it as it stands. Hopefully, they will remove the rage cost from warcries.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for keeping this updated. Probably my favorite build I've ever played.
https://pastebin.com/G2eDnp4W Can someone tell me what to do better
"
bennynh wrote:
https://pastebin.com/G2eDnp4W Can someone tell me what to do better

Remove the passive skill tree nodes that lead to Bravery since you are using Thread of Hope, get a different Watcher's eye (unless you use it for physical reflect when Earthshatter), get your other cooked Alive, get another 6l Tidebreaker or gem-swap. Anger without proper Watcher's eye is meh.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Apr 28, 2021, 4:02:08 PM
Is it worth getting awakened gems?
Yo I'm playin' pretty blindly 'n low budget and the build works wonders!
Awesome work man!
RIP this build. Don't recommend playing. Too many nefrs to Slams and melee to go over it. Hope you managed to try it out while it lasted :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info