[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

I just love the look of this build, it looks like something I would be very interested in, mainly very tanky and big two-hander.
I have some questions though and please forgive me if its annoying with dumb questions.
1: I see from the gear there are certain items I can't quite afford, mainly death's door so I would lose out on endurance charge there and I dont know quite how to craft rare boots with that mod, is this going to be a problem?
2: How's this build doing in the heists? I tried another tectonic slam build but that one was with crit and staff and I felt somewhat squishy sadly.
3: if I can't get 2, 6L straight away, is it alright to just start off with having a 5L for your bossing setup maybe?
I should mention that my goal would be to do challenges and maybe not the absolute hardest content straight away, but I would like to progress my way to kill endgame bosses, sirus, elder, heists etc, not that into deep deep delve.
edit: went to sleep, dreamt up more dumb questions :P

You use 3 warcries for bossing, but which cry in particular is it that triggers the earthshatter fissures? Really new to the whole warcry playstyle

Aand last but not least, do you do alright in the timeless domain with this build?
P.S we do ignite as well, wouldnt cinderswallow be a decent flask?
Last edited by Chridian on Oct 30, 2020, 9:35:26 AM
"
Chridian wrote:
I just love the look of this build, it looks like something I would be very interested in, mainly very tanky and big two-hander.
I have some questions though and please forgive me if its annoying with dumb questions.
1: I see from the gear there are certain items I can't quite afford, mainly death's door so I would lose out on endurance charge there and I dont know quite how to craft rare boots with that mod, is this going to be a problem?
2: How's this build doing in the heists? I tried another tectonic slam build but that one was with crit and staff and I felt somewhat squishy sadly.
3: if I can't get 2, 6L straight away, is it alright to just start off with having a 5L for your bossing setup maybe?
I should mention that my goal would be to do challenges and maybe not the absolute hardest content straight away, but I would like to progress my way to kill endgame bosses, sirus, elder, heists etc, not that into deep deep delve.
edit: went to sleep, dreamt up more dumb questions :P

You use 3 warcries for bossing, but which cry in particular is it that triggers the earthshatter fissures? Really new to the whole warcry playstyle

Aand last but not least, do you do alright in the timeless domain with this build?

Hey Chridian,
1. You can get death's doors later as well. There is a section in the guide about Endurance charges and you can check there what you will be missing out. And it will be cheaper to buy death's door than crafting rare with Endurance charge.
2. If you remember to keep up your endurance charges you have to mess up to die in Heists. I leveled from 98 to 99 with only doing Heists.
3. If you can't get 2 6L then I recommend switching Tectonic slam gem for Earthshatter when bossing. I did it for a while a the league start.
You can map at least until tier 10 with just a 5L and with the current setup all the regular game content is easy.

Any warcry explodes Earthshatter spikes.

I don't recommend doing timeless domain with this build. It's best with builds that utilize Headhunter and Inspired learning jewels. Also, one-shotting Legion monsters is hard so it would also be a bit awkward.
Really good to hear, and I didnt mean to farm timeless domain I meant more like, being able to do it without completely losing out whenever I do get some tokens ready to go.

Regarding the warcry - Earthshatter combo, I was more confused, do you like:
Run to boss point blank
Earthshatter
Warcry nr1
Earthshatter
Warcry nr 2
etc?

And as for death's door, I guess I have to farm some grand heists and hope for money since they cost like 40ex now, but I guess a pair of rare with MS and resists will do the job until then ^^
"
Chridian wrote:
Really good to hear, and I didnt mean to farm timeless domain I meant more like, being able to do it without completely losing out whenever I do get some tokens ready to go.

Regarding the warcry - Earthshatter combo, I was more confused, do you like:
Run to boss point blank
Earthshatter
Warcry nr1
Earthshatter
Warcry nr 2
etc?

And as for death's door, I guess I have to farm some grand heists and hope for money since they cost like 40ex now, but I guess a pair of rare with MS and resists will do the job until then ^^

Personally I don't feel like you need death's door, also it's insane they are 24ex. I sold mine a week ago for like 325c which was about 8ex or something at the time.

Ultimately, I dropped mine and bought rare +1 endurance charge boots with movespeed as the only mods for about 5ex and multimoded cannot be frozen and some chaos/cold res on them and will just Leo slam them when I get a chance. The movement speed is better for me and resists as well, although still no life because I went for cannot be frozen instead, but it's OK as at level 100 I still have 6.8k hp. Ended up replacing the heat flask with a bleed flask.
i didnt see where you get ash and intimidate.
What are your thoughts on replica farrul fur?
"
Deimarr wrote:
i didnt see where you get ash and intimidate.

Infernal Cry: Covers Enemies in Ash, causing 3% increased Fire Damage taken per 5 Power, up to 20%

Intimidating Cry: Enemies Taunted by this Warcry are Intimidated

"
MeneXCIX wrote:
What are your thoughts on replica farrul fur?

I don't see anything useful about it for this build.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Nov 2, 2020, 5:27:47 PM
Hey hoh, sorry to do this, really I am but I'm kind of lost in the whole maze of potentian upgrades and purchases to make.
I managed to create two 6L maces myself so I've got that sorted.
I am currently using Xoph's, uncertain if I should or shouldnt switch to Aul's.
edit: realized I was unreasonably short in phrasing this:
I can currently afford both ryslathas, aul's + anger watchers AND Death's door, just sort of asking if that's the right way to go if anyone wants to help a poor noobie out ^^
Last edited by Chridian on Nov 6, 2020, 7:58:56 PM
Respec'd in to this build from something completely different, feels great. Was pretty nervous going into my first map that it would suck but no, it's much better.

Roughly 10 or less ex worth of gear + jewels and it can do fairly juiced up t16s, lvl83 heists, and elder guardian fights. Could do all that on the last build, however I would die a whole lot more. I'll probably actually level up at some point with this build.

Now just need to save a bit more and get the second 6L weapon, jewel swapping is annoying.

Anyway thanks for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info