[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

Hey there

First I would like to thank you teacher for this guide!
I am playing HC and I decided to go with your build.
I am worrying about something tho, the attack speed (I am only level 33 so far, by tomorrow I should finish the acts and end up at level 68) Its scary when I see mobs and my character have to finish this LONG auto attack animation, will be this way at the end?

I am also asking about how the build perform on heist (the question comes again from the attack speed thing) as we don't block or dodge and so the time to use our Tectonic is kinda scary.

About Consecrated Ground, do we get it from purifying flame? (as it give a big % of the life regen so I wonder if its relayable)

the other big % from life regen comes from taking fire damage recently, is there a way to proc this the whole time? (I didn't finish reading every word of the guide so idk if it was mentioned)

Also any tip for HC and would you recommend the build for it?

Thanks
Last edited by BlightBoy17 on Nov 9, 2020, 7:16:22 PM
the attack speed will get alot better by the time you reach maps, devotos devotion helm helps alot with that and we get quite some attack speed from the tree.

the life regen from having taken fire damage recently comes from the other line there "10% of physical damage taken as fire damage" so its always up more or less.
but even without that proccing the regen we get from all of our endurance charges are quite enough.

Build is doing fine in heist, just make sure to have a quicksilver flask and quartz flask and you are golden.

Consecrated ground comes from Sulphur Flask
"
BlightBoy17 wrote:
Hey there

I am worrying about something tho, the attack speed (I am only level 33 so far, by tomorrow I should finish the acts and end up at level 68) Its scary when I see mobs and my character have to finish this LONG auto attack animation, will be this way at the end?

I am also asking about how the build perform on heist (the question comes again from the attack speed thing) as we don't block or dodge and so the time to use our Tectonic is kinda scary.

About Consecrated Ground, do we get it from purifying flame? (as it give a big % of the life regen so I wonder if its relayable)

the other big % from life regen comes from taking fire damage recently, is there a way to proc this the whole time? (I didn't finish reading every word of the guide so idk if it was mentioned)

Thanks

Uh, Hardcore. The number one thing to remember is to keep up your Endurance charges! Warcrying whenever time is starting to low run on the duration should be in your blood. Also, always be careful when starting a map since you won't have max Endurance charges right away.

And you are right about the slow attack speed. It can be scary. I would use Silver Flask to make sure Onslaught is always on. Maybe also consider some attack speed in jewels. In HC attack speed is more important since it directly relates to your survivability.

You should probably also use Corrupted Soul with Heart of Flame anoint. That will come after you cover mana and life leech with cluster jewels though.
Like Chridian mentioned, a bit of Consecrated ground comes from Sulphur Flask but for extra security you should be using Purifying flame. I am just being lazy with the portal right now.

When you get your Endurance charges up, the next dangerous thing will be elemental damage! A map with double mods of "extra physical as C/L/F) can be a killer. Check my current tree for the build. I went for the increased effect of fortify. It makes warcrying harder but provides attack speed, more ele resistance and a bit of movement speed. Have not updated the guide with that yet.

Let me know if you have any updates or tips for other HC players with this build. Not playing HC myself so that would be useful.

Good luck with your HC adventures!
"
9v1d0 wrote:
"
BlightBoy17 wrote:
Hey there

Thanks

Uh, Hardcore. The number one thing to remember is to keep up your Endurance charges! Warcrying whenever time is starting to low run on the duration should be in your blood. Also, always be careful when starting a map since you won't have max Endurance charges right away.

And you are right about the slow attack speed. It can be scary. I would use Silver Flask to make sure Onslaught is always on. Maybe also consider some attack speed in jewels. In HC attack speed is more important since it directly relates to your survivability.

You should probably also use Corrupted Soul with Heart of Flame anoint. That will come after you cover mana and life leech with cluster jewels though.
Like Chridian mentioned, a bit of Consecrated ground comes from Sulphur Flask but for extra security you should be using Purifying flame. I am just being lazy with the portal right now.

When you get your Endurance charges up, the next dangerous thing will be elemental damage! A map with double mods of "extra physical as C/L/F) can be a killer. Check my current tree for the build. I went for the increased effect of fortify. It makes warcrying harder but provides attack speed, more ele resistance and a bit of movement speed. Have not updated the guide with that yet.

Let me know if you have any updates or tips for other HC players with this build. Not playing HC myself so that would be useful.

Good luck with your HC adventures!

Hello
Thanks very much for the reply and the tips.
I will be switching to purifying as you advices as I will aim for master of fire so I won't need WOC.
I normally don't do extra damage maps on hardcore unless I am doing pretty well (so the two extra phy as is no no xD)

I check your new tree and I think I will change mine to it.
right now I am trying to sort out my resists specially that I want to use the turtle beast armor.

I will update you with my feedback after i sort my gears and progress.
As in hardcore our gears are X3 to X10 the price of softcore so its hard to compare our gears, I will need to use a weaker version.

Thanks

"
Chridian wrote:
the attack speed will get alot better by the time you reach maps, devotos devotion helm helps alot with that and we get quite some attack speed from the tree.

the life regen from having taken fire damage recently comes from the other line there "10% of physical damage taken as fire damage" so its always up more or less.
but even without that proccing the regen we get from all of our endurance charges are quite enough.

Build is doing fine in heist, just make sure to have a quicksilver flask and quartz flask and you are golden.

Consecrated ground comes from Sulphur Flask

First thanks very much for your reply.
I am not really sure how you deal with the needed resist, I just killed Kitava and with the amount of unique items I need to take good care of the lightning and cold resist.
So I am delaying the option of devotos right now.

Also in HC our market is so expensive we don't can't have some of the items unless we sacrifice another, as example the turtle armor which is for 18 chaos in Softcore is for 180 chaos in hardcore.

Again I thank you for your tips and answers, I am trying to sort my stats right now to see how it goes.
Hello, may I ask why do u use purity of ice in your Tier 4 pob?
"
Loudless008 wrote:
Hello, may I ask why do u use purity of ice in your Tier 4 pob?

Hi. Oh, I just did not have enough cold resistance at the time.
Hey man, looks like a cool build but I am quite confused about something. I am not sure if it was discussed at some point in the thread, I kind of surfed through the pages but did not read every single post.

You talk about how the 10% inc phys damage per endurance charge boosts the Tidebreaker's dps to 870 pDPS. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure that is a global modifier and it actually does not affect the dps of the mace itself? Not only that in Tidebreaker's wiki page it specifically states it is a global modifier, to me it makes no sense how this can be a local modifier and such a cheap unique mace actaully exceeds the dps of a mirror worthy rare mace.

If that was the case, everyone would be using that thing for many builds. I personally have used Tidebreaker whenever the slam reworks came out a couple of leagues ago and the dps felt like actual garbage with like 9-10 endurance charges and nothing compared to the highest pdps mace in the game.

I may be very wrong somewhere, please explain to me what I don't see if that is the case.
"
Dent94 wrote:
Hey man, looks like a cool build but I am quite confused about something. I am not sure if it was discussed at some point in the thread, I kind of surfed through the pages but did not read every single post.

You talk about how the 10% inc phys damage per endurance charge boosts the Tidebreaker's dps to 870 pDPS. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure that is a global modifier and it actually does not affect the dps of the mace itself? Not only that in Tidebreaker's wiki page it specifically states it is a global modifier, to me it makes no sense how this can be a local modifier and such a cheap unique mace actaully exceeds the dps of a mirror worthy rare mace.

If that was the case, everyone would be using that thing for many builds. I personally have used Tidebreaker whenever the slam reworks came out a couple of leagues ago and the dps felt like actual garbage with like 9-10 endurance charges and nothing compared to the highest pdps mace in the game.

I may be very wrong somewhere, please explain to me what I don't see if that is the case.

Happy new year, Dent!
I think you are actually right about the physical damage being global! I removed the modifier in PoB and the Mace only got -10.3% Combined Total damage. Thank you, I updated it in the guide.

One the other hand... it still seems that it loses to the highest DPS Mace in the game. Screenshots and link to my current PoB that I used below. You can find the Mace also in the PoB. I tried to play around the numbers but something does not seem to add up. Maybe you can figure it out?

For reference: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Endurance_Charge_on_Melee_Stun_Support

https://pastebin.com/AcXsBpnr

Last edited by 9v1d0 on Jan 1, 2021, 12:55:14 PM
GREAT BUILD

https://pastebin.com/eAs4XN0H

the warcry/slam playstyle is something completely new for me. afterall, i came back to this game after a 2-3 year long pause.

and just a few minutes ago, i killed A8 Sirus deathless(even managed to stun him once). the only boss which is really hard with this build? atziri... fuck the reflect. ohh and a juici kosis, my chaos res is way too low.

something i have to say: i went a bit more QOL than dmg.

- only 1 cluster jewel
- got dex up to 155 so i can use a max lvl dash
- more warcry speed/cooldown nodes
- just a bit of more attack speed
- molten sheel on left click
- second wind for infernal cry

i really have to point out: get yourselfs an explody chest and frenzy on hit. you still won't zoom zoom through maps, but the clearspeed is much much better.

i still have a few upgrades to do, watchers eye, better ring/gloves (one with eleweak/flam - curse), spec into unwavering, gem upgrades, better jewels and maybe endurance charge boots.

about alt quality gems incase it hasn't been discussed already: phantasmal earthshatter is better. atleast POB thinks so, the fissures already deal less dmg, and i don't think the +1 fissure does that much difference. after all, the more AOE i have, the harder it is for all fissureexplosions to hit the boss.

Berserk is really underrated. IF and only IF you time it right:

- 3 tectonic slams to lose 1 endurance charge to proc Valako, Storm's Embrace
- warcry 5 times (also intimidate and cover in ash)
- pop all flasks
- place warchief and vaal warchief
- pop berserk
- switch back to earthshatter

-> delete boss

it's really nice but i mess it up myself so often.

so, thank you for this great guide!
Last edited by TroughStruggle on Jan 2, 2021, 11:21:27 AM
"
GREAT BUILD

https://pastebin.com/eAs4XN0H

the warcry/slam playstyle is something completely new for me. afterall, i came back to this game after a 2-3 year long pause.

and just a few minutes ago, i killed A8 Sirus deathless(even managed to stun him once). the only boss which is really hard with this build? atziri... fuck the reflect. ohh and a juici kosis, my chaos res is way too low.

something i have to say: i went a bit more QOL than dmg.

- only 1 cluster jewel
- got dex up to 155 so i can use a max lvl dash
- more warcry speed/cooldown nodes
- just a bit of more attack speed
- molten sheel on left click
- second wind for infernal cry

i really have to point out: get yourselfs an explody chest and frenzy on hit. you still won't zoom zoom through maps, but the clearspeed is much much better.

i still have a few upgrades to do, watchers eye, better ring/gloves (one with eleweak/flam - curse), spec into unwavering, gem upgrades, better jewels and maybe endurance charge boots.

about alt quality gems incase it hasn't been discussed already: phantasmal earthshatter is better. atleast POB thinks so, the fissures already deal less dmg, and i don't think the +1 fissure does that much difference. after all, the more AOE i have, the harder it is for all fissureexplosions to hit the boss.

Berserk is really underrated. IF and only IF you time it right:

- 3 tectonic slams to lose 1 endurance charge to proc Valako, Storm's Embrace
- warcry 5 times (also intimidate and cover in ash)
- pop all flasks
- place warchief and vaal warchief
- pop berserk
- switch back to earthshatter

-> delete boss

it's really nice but i mess it up myself so often.

so, thank you for this great guide!

Hey, man. Congrats on your first Sirus Deathless kill. I'm really happy for you ^.^

Yes, explody chest is always nice but I just prefer more life. Endurance charges would also help with your clear speed since they give more AoE for Tectonic Slam.
Not sure about the Frenzy charges though. With Thread of Hope we do get Frenzy charge generation on kill.

About the Phantasmal Earthshatter. I think it's good for other builds that use Earthshatter for clearing maps. If you hit the enemy with 2 spikes the damage is the same. Every other spike after that that you hit gives additional 30% more damage and I think it's possible to hit at least 2 spikes. And I am pretty sure that if you get more AoE then also the Spike explosions get bigger so you can still hit the enemy with all of them. Have tried watching some replays in slow-motion and looked good.

Other than that there is nothing I would strongly disagree with, with the changes you did. You made some adjustments that fit more your playstyle and if it works good for you then it's great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info