[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

"
sas115 wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:
I finished the build today. There are couple of ridiculous ways I could push this build even further but those won't be possible to repeat. Here is a sneak peak where I started testing out how tanky the build is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjL_FfeNwEA

Im not suprised at all seeing this video, i have done A6 sirius yesterday in similar way too.

Right now whats left is to make this guide beginner friendly/league start friendly as it can be done and tidy it up with clarified progression.
Also i dont see anywhere you mentioning what enchant we should take on helmet (i bet its gona be +1 fissure but it would be nice if you posted that)

Also somthing from me : i was testing chainbreaker and while on paper it looks good truth is that its useless when mapping and usualy useless for bosses aswell, on maps you will often see trash mobs in boss area and those take most of the rage making the buff rather inconsistent especialy if your not going to wait for rage to ramp up after getting to boss area. It does work on sirius, conquerors and thats about it as even vs shaper, elder or uberelder its gona be only anoying. Imo i would take corrupted soul just for that extra energy shield that sure we cant really regen but its better than nothing and with our life pool and defences it can save from some crazy stuff.

Yes, you are right on both points. I use +1 Fissure and Corrupted Sould right now. And I have annointed Hearth of Flame right now, so you can regen ES as well :)
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
i invested quite a bit on this build
and i am kinda tier 1.5, mainly because i had to compromise on my chest to save some currency for other things
also for chainbreaker and earthshatter with this build you cannot spam the skill
the rage works more for diminishing the delay of the attack than getting more APS, so the more you spam earthshatter the less effective it becomes
i am just a bit lost in the medium cluster...is 3 cooked alive jewels really worth it? too hard to roll them

Yes, chainbreaker is only for Sirus, Conquerors, Edlers and Shapers.
Cooked alive is THE reason why we use cluster jewels. Otherwise, cluster jewels are just Meh.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

the ammy is one that i dropped because i need the dex to use the chest, i bought it really cheap but it has high dex requirement, in the end i am losing a point in the tree and a mod from 2 items
i said i am tier 1.5 damage wise, i can kill most bosses with 3 hits and endgame i can tank them well
about the mana flask i just put it there because i was doing some no regen maps, i dont suffer lack of mana
the life mods are there because i am trying to harvest craft them but not much luck there :/ so i remove and normal craft them while i make some stock of life aug/annul from harvest
watcher's eye stone will come when i level up next
also enlighten lvl 4 the OP said that it is mandatory on tier 1 only when you want to add HoP

well sure your armour is not the best for this build considering we have only a lot of str but still dont you think it would be easier to just buy an amu that gives you 70-90 life, 40 dex, maybe some int and atleast extra phys to fire? such amulets cost less than 1 ex somtimes even 50c and allow to craft somthing on it too...

Are you tier 1.5 damage wise? im killing t16 bosses with just 2 hits from earthshatter and imo im not even close to what dmg he does.

You are already using aura's that are supposed to be used when you get watcher's eye that makes them usefull compared to normal setup.

"We use Anger only because Watcher's eye buffs make it good. If you don't have Watcher's eye, use Herald of Purity or Blasphemy Support instead." quote from first page.

Also have you ignored the fact that you can get dex and int on jewels? from what i see you have only life and some dmg nodes instead of getting that amu that would give you a lot more dmg than just :

2% increased attack speed, 14% increased global phys, 15% increased damage with axes (we use mace btw) and 18% burning damage?

You could get on avarage 15dex, 5% max life and 8 int for solid 10c each to fix all your dex and int issues and maybe get some dmg mods for extra 15c. (yea i saw that +30 int and dex node too) and you wouldnt even lose much dmg if you upgraded the amu to somthing usefull, same with helmet that is just bad and i could find you an upgrade for 10c, +1 endurance charge on boots would be nice too given you can buy it for less than 2ex or if you get just 1 res then for way lower. (for my pair i paid 100c but doesnt seem to be any on market like that now, probably because end of the league) but you can always remove mods you dont need with harvest and craft what you need as long as you have a base.

Your build is lacking basic stuff and your trying to compensate it with other items making a huge mess that doesnt make much sense, instead of going simple you went for things that require a proper fundation that you dont have having somthing that barerly works and 1 small change can break your whole character

I just went with the easiest things from this guide and were upgrading as i was leveling and im not having any issues and im in place where i can just upgrade whatever i want without breaking anything. (my chest btw is just 4l why? because it was 4c and we dont need 6l unless you want idk 0,5mil dmg when your dealing 20mil+ each slam?)
Thats why i told you that you should take 2 steps back to the stage where your build is working as it was intended to and then do upgrade. It may be to late to do now though as there are less and less people playing hence selling items.

Last time I calculated, at tier 2, Combust with Infernal cry did around 2mil damage. That's why tier 1 is not that much better as switching off thi 6-link loses use the 2mil damage.
Updates
- Added basic skill tree image
- Added Vaal Ancestral Warchief
- Corrupted soul +Annoint for Tier 1
- Updated tier 1 PoB to final version
- Added item links for chest options and boots
- Added tier 1 "showcase" video

"
9v1d0 wrote:
Updates

Saw the video and yea i see why its "showcase" D;

Imo if you want people to play this build you should remove this "showcase" or add actual showcase for this tier as quite a lot of people base theier opinion about build after watching videos so showing that you die and die in the first minute on "highest item tier" is not helping even tho its easy for me to spot that well you wanted to take those hits to test how tanky it is but without commentary it shows the build in bad light.

Corrupted soul (you have a typo here : "Corrupted Sould") should also be put lower as compared to chainbraker its well a better option even without hearth of flame as waiting for rage on chainbraker for just one hit that will take whole rage is not worth the time and you know how inconsistent it is and corrupted soul is like a small bonus shield that is always active.

Also now that i think about it i find it kinda funny that you have and probably had Transcendence there that needs loreweave but you havent used loreweave in chest options

Edit. btw do you plan on league start this build next league?
Last edited by sas115 on Aug 25, 2020, 2:01:09 PM
"
sas115 wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:
Updates

Saw the video and yea i see why its "showcase" D;

Imo if you want people to play this build you should remove this "showcase" or add actual showcase for this tier as quite a lot of people base theier opinion about build after watching videos so showing that you die and die in the first minute on "highest item tier" is not helping even tho its easy for me to spot that well you wanted to take those hits to test how tanky it is but without commentary it shows the build in bad light.

Corrupted soul (you have a typo here : "Corrupted Sould") should also be put lower as compared to chainbraker its well a better option even without hearth of flame as waiting for rage on chainbraker for just one hit that will take whole rage is not worth the time and you know how inconsistent it is and corrupted soul is like a small bonus shield that is always active.

Also now that i think about it i find it kinda funny that you have and probably had Transcendence there that needs loreweave but you havent used loreweave in chest options

Edit. btw do you plan on league start this build next league?

Yea, I picked the worst footage I could find. I am aware that some people might not like it.

I don't agree. As far as I can remember, without Devoto's Devotion attack speed was very necessary for bossing. And I don't think Devoto's Devotion should be used below tier 1. On the other hand, the attack speed is not needed for clearing maps. So it fits in very nicely. Also, "Corrupted Soul" is a lot more expensive and time-consuming if you want to find one that gives decent stats. I have gone though 30 of those to find something nice.
Thank you, fixed the typo.

You are right, I removed the Transcendence as well. Left-over from theory-crafting.

If this does not get nerfed then for sure.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Aug 25, 2020, 4:03:37 PM
"
9v1d0 wrote:
Yea, I picked the worst footage I could find. I am aware that some people might not like it.

I don't agree. As far as I can remember, without Devoto's Devotion attack speed was very necessary for bossing. And I don't think Devoto's Devotion should be used below tier 1. On the other hand, the attack speed is not needed for clearing maps. So it fits in very nicely. Also, "Corrupted Soul" is a lot more expensive and time-consuming if you want to find one that gives decent stats. I have gone though 30 of those to find something nice.

You are right, I removed the Transcendence as well. Left-over from theory-crafting.

Ah i mean devoto for sure should be used later on because stat wise while dex is nice with movement speed it does lower dmg of this build without enchant (+ no life or res other than chaos so you need to have other stuff already)

What i was trying to say is that the attack speed we gain from rage is not really consistent and this build already is not consistent :P, after clearing map and entering boss area you need to wait ~12 secounds (based on how long it takes from 0 - 50) in those 12 secounds we may aswell kill that boss even with slower attack speed. And if you start before that at lets say 20 rage its just 10% which is still lower than devoto and is gone literaly after 1 attack (or somtimes even before that if there are mobs in boss area) while corrupted soul will give us atleast 1k-1,5k es even with bad gear and its imo a safe buffer to have but i do have to agree that it may be more expensive.

I just want this build to be less "random" and maybe, just maybe a normal jewel that gives : 5% life, 5% increased Attack Speed, 5% increased Attack Speed with Maces or Sceptres / two handed weapons would be a better alternative for this chainbreaker that is not cheap to get early on either while 2x speed + life is not really somthing people dream off hence it should be possible to get it cheap. As it would give us quite a bit life and 10% attack speed which is close to 20 rage (yea i know no phys boost) Its just somthing i though off when playing with chainbreaker and my small conclusion.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:

Ah i mean devoto for sure should be used later on because stat wise while dex is nice with movement speed it does lower dmg of this build without enchant (+ no life or res other than chaos so you need to have other stuff already)

What i was trying to say is that the attack speed we gain from rage is not really consistent and this build already is not consistent :P, after clearing map and entering boss area you need to wait ~12 secounds (based on how long it takes from 0 - 50) in those 12 secounds we may aswell kill that boss even with slower attack speed. And if you start before that at lets say 20 rage its just 10% which is still lower than devoto and is gone literaly after 1 attack (or somtimes even before that if there are mobs in boss area) while corrupted soul will give us atleast 1k-1,5k es even with bad gear and its imo a safe buffer to have but i do have to agree that it may be more expensive.

I just want this build to be less "random" and maybe, just maybe a normal jewel that gives : 5% life, 5% increased Attack Speed, 5% increased Attack Speed with Maces or Sceptres / two handed weapons would be a better alternative for this chainbreaker that is not cheap to get early on either while 2x speed + life is not really somthing people dream off hence it should be possible to get it cheap. As it would give us quite a bit life and 10% attack speed which is close to 20 rage (yea i know no phys boost) Its just somthing i though off when playing with chainbreaker and my small conclusion.

I see what you mean. Thank you for pointing that out. I changed the description for the Chainbraker so it's more clear that it's only for Conquerors, Elders, Shapers and Sirus fights.
Would love if you can give more info on leveling and leaguestart. Also i've noticed Tier:4 gem links and currently in leveling section - different. Would be great to see what we choose when and why!

i assume Tier:4 is not even "starting" tree, since it has Thread of hope and Lethal pride. Is it possible to add leveling tree with few iterations and smth like lvl 85-90 before we get thread of hope?

thanks for the guide.
Last edited by omgree on Sep 10, 2020, 6:18:32 AM
"
omgree wrote:
Would love if you can give more info on leveling and leaguestart. Also i've noticed Tier:4 gem links and currently in leveling section - different. Would be great to see what we choose when and why!

i assume Tier:4 is not even "starting" tree, since it has Thread of hope and Lethal pride. Is it possible to add leveling tree with few iterations and smth like lvl 85-90 before we get thread of hope?

thanks for the guide.

Hi, omgree.
I updated the leveling section with skill tree progression images.
I will do some leveling practice after the path notes come out and will probably do then some updates on leveling section.
Will see about the gems when I practice leveling. I took those notes when I was league starting with Marauder. Back then I didn't know what the build will turn into yet.

"
omgree wrote:
Would love if you can give more info on leveling and leaguestart

What kind of info would help you there?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info