[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

"

Well, a stygian has more life and a lot of resists + an abyss socket.
How does ryslatha's have 40% more? Best roll it can have is -30% min. damage, +40% max damage which translates into 22,8% more damage in the absolute best case for tidebreaker with lowest min damage, highest max damage roll possible:
More damage = 100*((206*0,7+634*1,4)/2)/((206+634)/2)-100

While this is still the biggest dps boost possible for belts I am not quite sure it's worth it because of mentioned fluctuations of slams. This wouldn't matter at all if you are on 15 Attacks per Second, but since we are just hitting once here every few seconds I think it's quite demotivational if you cannot kill with your hit since you got the low damage roll on your attack.
It's a matter of taste though I guess.

Can you also describe how to use earthshatter correctly? Never used it, can start trying it sunday soonest :-D

Your right about the avarage dmg ryslatha gives. Thing is that you dont need a lot of res to begin with (if you take the +100% fire res ascendecy) and if not res then your aiming for Life and DMG and ryslatha gives just that.

The damage flactuates a lot when you have no idea how everything works and i learned it just recently as i had no idea how seismic cry works (it can boost your dmg from just 30% more to 150% more and its a huge difference alone).

The way im trying using the earthshatter and what works for me is to use seismic cry and infernal cry and after that attack 3 times (leaving 2 uses only and ofc not attacking boss) then using intimidating cry which gives you 2 attacks that have highest dmg possible to use with earthshatter. Im using intimididating cry and infernal if needed to explode the fissures.

To top those warcries you also would preffer to get in for ngamahu flame advance buff which is extra 100% phys to fire that lasts 4 sec every 10 secounds. While it can be anoying to wait for it to pop up but if done right even with my bad gear i was dealing close to 70-80% life of t16 boss.

Thats quite a bit to do just for two slams but well you just need those 2 slams to kill most bosses... (and i bet that with better gear 1 shotting is easy to achieve) And im doing it to be as safe as i can so i wont mess somthing up.

I am now testing vaal ancestral warchief and from time to time it allowed me to 1 shot t16 bosses so it does help for sure but it makes the setup a bit harder.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:

Hey, sas.

You got it right with the gloves and belt :)
Good to know that most of the content can be cleared already without cluster jewels. Since I was still testing different things when making the build I don't remember that point anymore. How has the build progression been otherwise?

Yes, the damage fluctuates by A LOT. You can easily go from dealing a 7.7m slam to dealing a 1.7mil damage slam. There are two main factors for this - Ngamahu, Flame's Advance and Seismic cry. Ngamahu can give you either 0% or 60% more damage and Sesmic cry can give you 30%, 60%, 90%, 120% and wooping 150% more damage.

The attack speed is one attack per 2 seconds. While you swing the mace the cooldown on Fist of War is already ticking.

Oh alright i had no idea about the fact that seismic cry increases after each exerted attack (yea i didnt read it...) that changes a lot as i was keeping that at 3-5 charges all the time. I already knew about ngamahu and the fact that for 4 sec every 10 sec we get a buff from ascendency.

https://ibb.co/mGKNp0n

That was t15 with just tidebreaker, armour (the one i have now, xoph, ryslatha and 2 kaoms at lvl 67.

Leveling this character is really easy. I mean just tidebreaker, xoph and those two kaoms give enough dmg to carry up till t15 (i wouldnt advice to do t15's and higher with setup as above but with just those you can without a doubt do up to t12 deathless) I need to learn how to use seismic cry.

One thing i want to say you should make the tiers for this build with avarage items and gems to go with as even now im confused to what i should or should not be using, with item stats and such i can help you especialy that i will probably league start this character next league and since i did level this char just now.

As it is the guide is kinda chaotic and gear you showed is more of a higher tier than i and most of us can achieve casualy playing (+ when harvest is out it will only get harder)

Like under gear separate it for tier 4 - base stuff that people would be using after getting into maps so :

- 5l tidebreaker and one is enough till t10 as i didnt need earthshatter at all.
- 2 kaoms SIGN's as early on those will be quite good enough and tell that you can upgrade em with The King's Path prophecy later to save currency
- A body armour with 70 life, 30 lightning and 30 cold res.
- Belt with life and res, could be stygian or just any other.
- Gloves with life and res and you can point out that spiked could be a good choice cuz increased melee dmg and are not expensive at all.
- Amulet - if you use only tectonic then you dont need xoph so somthing easy that also gives life, maybe some dmg, res DEX AND INT and then make xoph as tier 3 needed item so people know what to work for etc.
- Boots just 20 movement, res and life dont point at +1 endurance there leave it for higher tier so people wont think its the most needed thing for this build as its not.
- Flasks akhm did you even mention the flasks anywhere as i cant find? (and life flask would be a must for this tier untill you upgrade rings to kaoms way)

I can help you with leveling tree aswell showing how i did it atleast if you want. Overally i WANT to help you with this build as i really enjoy it and im sure that next league unless they nerf slams (they shouldnt) this is a cheap build that needs easy to get stuff (5l tidebreaker costed 50-40c after first week and you only need it for maps, as before you can just buy a mace from vendor in town and use belt+blacksmith recipe to give it dmg and its good to go till another town or you can use essences and imo its worth mentioning in leveling section aswell)

Hey,
Thank you for the leveling tips. I don't know the best items and gems to start the build with either. I switched them around too much when I started the build to remember :) That's why I just put in everything that I think made sense. I tried all of the items as well, of course. I will add more on leveling section based on your comments when I am done with the build. Still need one or two things to record the final video.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
Hey man, thanks for answering.

To the fluctuating numbers: I guess ryslatha's amplifies this by a lot. I mean on average this is a great boost, but the question is: Does it feel well?
Not sure if I am going to buy this one or if I just use a stygian with a high roll on +#% elemental damage.

Also I do not quite understand the bad thing about tectonic on bosses.

Ryslatha gives a lot of life (80-100) + 20-40 STR, 1-25 flat phys and whats more important 40% MORE dmg. Nothing will give you 40% more dmg there, stygian is a good alternative for early gameplay but later on i doubt you can craft somthing that will give you better dmg or even get close to this as we have a lot of phys to fire everywhere.

I should also clarify that MORE=/=INCREASED.

So tectonic is not bad for bosses per say its just that if you use earthshatter its way more stronger, at first i was playing this build wrong and it felt that earthshatter is doing same damage if not lower for bosses compared to tectonic but now that i know how seismic cry works i tend to 2 shot t16 bosses just like that and my gear is nothing special, even more its really bad.

Hey 9v1d0 I have one more suggestion and i would like to know what you think about Vaal Ancestral warchief as it gives 32% more melee dmg so do you think its worth? i mean 32% more is a huge modifier and given that you just pop it for bosses imo its quite a nice boost for just 1 gem slot. (sure totem lasts just 6sec if i remeber but thats enough to hit 2 earthshatter for sure)

In my opinion, Vaal Ancestral warchief sounds good in theory but in practice it's useless. Well... it's useful in early league you have trouble killing up T16 bosses. What I am worried at this point is killing Sirus, Uber Elder or finishing lvl 20 Simulacrum. The problem with it is that no one has time to use the skill in those fights. I played a build that claimed that Vaal Ancestral warchief is good but when I checked videos of the build author doing this end-game content he didn't use it himself. Sure, he put down the totem at the start of those fights but never saw it being used later. I rather have Vaal Molten shell on the tooltip. I use it more often and I can use it when I need it.
"
"
sas115 wrote:
"
Hey man, thanks for answering.

To the fluctuating numbers: I guess ryslatha's amplifies this by a lot. I mean on average this is a great boost, but the question is: Does it feel well?
Not sure if I am going to buy this one or if I just use a stygian with a high roll on +#% elemental damage.

Also I do not quite understand the bad thing about tectonic on bosses.

Ryslatha gives a lot of life (80-100) + 20-40 STR, 1-25 flat phys and whats more important 40% MORE dmg. Nothing will give you 40% more dmg there, stygian is a good alternative for early gameplay but later on i doubt you can craft somthing that will give you better dmg or even get close to this as we have a lot of phys to fire everywhere.

I should also clarify that MORE=/=INCREASED.

So tectonic is not bad for bosses per say its just that if you use earthshatter its way more stronger, at first i was playing this build wrong and it felt that earthshatter is doing same damage if not lower for bosses compared to tectonic but now that i know how seismic cry works i tend to 2 shot t16 bosses just like that and my gear is nothing special, even more its really bad.

Hey 9v1d0 I have one more suggestion and i would like to know what you think about Vaal Ancestral warchief as it gives 32% more melee dmg so do you think its worth? i mean 32% more is a huge modifier and given that you just pop it for bosses imo its quite a nice boost for just 1 gem slot. (sure totem lasts just 6sec if i remeber but thats enough to hit 2 earthshatter for sure)

How does ryslatha's have 40% more? Best roll it can have is -30% min. damage, +40% max damage which translates into 22,8% more damage in the absolute best case for tidebreaker with lowest min damage, highest max damage roll possible:

While this is still the biggest dps boost possible for belts I am not quite sure it's worth it because of mentioned fluctuations of slams. This wouldn't matter at all if you are on 15 Attacks per Second, but since we are just hitting once here every few seconds I think it's quite demotivational if you cannot kill with your hit since you got the low damage roll on your attack.

Can you also describe how to use earthshatter correctly? Never used it, can start trying it sunday soonest :-D

Ralf,
I also hate that it makes the damage fluctuate too much because we want consistent damage to one-shot everything (that's why we don't use critical strikes for example), but the belt is just too damn good to pass.
Also, I am have enough damage to one-shot almost everything anyway so the fluctuation is not such a bit deal right now. I am not sure how it is for at your build progress.
To put this in perspective I put a perfect belt in PoB:

Sas already wrote about the fact that MORE damage is much better than INCREASED. So as you can see, the only thing that is going for the Stygan Vise is the extra resistances.

About using Earthshatter. How to use it - get as close as possible, slam right at the enemy, Warcry, repeat. Try to make sure that as many spikes hit as possible. Why we use both - you can customize Tectonic slam with AoE gems but Earthshatter with max damage gems. Right now my Tectonic slam deals max 7.7m damage but Earthshatter deals max 55m. Even if you put in all the same gems, Earthshatter with all spikes hitting would deal at least 150% more damage.
"
9v1d0 wrote:

In my opinion, Vaal Ancestral warchief sounds good in theory but in practice it's useless. Well... it's useful in early league you have trouble killing up T16 bosses. What I am worried at this point is killing Sirus, Uber Elder or finishing lvl 20 Simulacrum. The problem with it is that no one has time to use the skill in those fights. I played a build that claimed that Vaal Ancestral warchief is good but when I checked videos of the build author doing this end-game content he didn't use it himself. Sure, he put down the totem at the start of those fights but never saw it being used later. I rather have Vaal Molten shell on the tooltip. I use it more often and I can use it when I need it.

I do agree with what you said and i can see it being useless when you have enough dmg but for me with my current gear its making up for the missing gap that bosses had so its usefull early for sure but as you said for sirius, uber elder or simulacrum its pointless or rather its another thing to maintain and knowing we have 3 warcries to maintain theres no time for it, tho imo worth adding up somwhere in Tier 4 - 3 as a helpfull thing as it can make killing bosses easier.

I have killed A5 sirius today deathless and well it was easy even with my gear but i also know it was just A5. I can try elder and shaper but i doubt those will be any problem for me.

This league i was testing quite a bit of builds so sadly i never really got into end game stuff but the fact that this build is able to do what im doing now on really low budget is telling me that its good enough for most of what the game can offer.
"
sas115 wrote:
"

Your right about the avarage dmg ryslatha gives. Thing is that you dont need a lot of res to begin with (if you take the +100% fire res ascendecy) and if not res then your aiming for Life and DMG and ryslatha gives just that.

The damage flactuates a lot when you have no idea how everything works and i learned it just recently as i had no idea how seismic cry works (it can boost your dmg from just 30% more to 150% more and its a huge difference alone).

The way im trying using the earthshatter and what works for me is to use seismic cry and infernal cry and after that attack 3 times (leaving 2 uses only and ofc not attacking boss) then using intimidating cry which gives you 2 attacks that have highest dmg possible to use with earthshatter. Im using intimididating cry and infernal if needed to explode the fissures.

To top those warcries you also would preffer to get in for ngamahu flame advance buff which is extra 100% phys to fire that lasts 4 sec every 10 secounds. While it can be anoying to wait for it to pop up but if done right even with my bad gear i was dealing close to 70-80% life of t16 boss.

Thats quite a bit to do just for two slams but well you just need those 2 slams to kill most bosses... (and i bet that with better gear 1 shotting is easy to achieve) And im doing it to be as safe as i can so i wont mess somthing up.

I am now testing vaal ancestral warchief and from time to time it allowed me to 1 shot t16 bosses so it does help for sure but it makes the setup a bit harder.

I can accept if you are OK with Ryslatha's but this does not make my points untrue. Will try it out though maybe when I got the currency. Looking at the numbers, your rotation definately makes some sense.

I am still bothered on slow animation speed. Let's take Sirus who does this DIIIIE-thing where you have to dodge within a second or well... you would DIIIIE indeed. Not sure how to solve this at this moment. Or do you just one hit him, too? :D
@9v1d0

Don't get me wrong now: I never argued against Ryslatha's being top DPS nor did I say it's a bad pick. But sorry, your arguments are quite weak here on using it.
1. If you one hit anything even with less damage - why pick it then and not a better one defence-wise (more health easily possible with stygian >100 life +>45 str roll + abyss jewel with >25 life).
2. Not going crit often does not really improve consistency in damage, because look at those crit builds on this forum: almost all of them try to get really close to 100% crit.

All of it does not matter all too much though. If it feels good, keep it of course. I just like to think things through a bit. Honestly I will also change quite a bit of things on this build. For example I am trying out double curse elemental weakness + flammability and some curse clusters. Saw something like this on another build and well - why not make use of this here? :D

-----
btw: you could add the PoB link to starting Post
Also consider alternatives for Master of fire / cooked alive medium cluster jewel. You cannot get this combination anymore it seems. Cooked alive seems to be also really expensive in clusters. This is why I try some cursing things.
Earthshatter sounds quite interesting indeed. Probably the best skill for exerted-builds but I will also look at Heavy Strike maybe for lazyness :D
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Aug 21, 2020, 3:17:12 PM
"

I can accept if you are OK with Ryslatha's but this does not make my points untrue. Will try it out though maybe when I got the currency. Looking at the numbers, your rotation definately makes some sense.

I am still bothered on slow animation speed. Let's take Sirus who does this DIIIIE-thing where you have to dodge within a second or well... you would DIIIIE indeed. Not sure how to solve this at this moment. Or do you just one hit him, too? :D

You can get a bit attack speed to make it easier, faster but its not somthing needed for lower tiers. You should really play the build and then say things that it feels bad and so on, you can dash away without any issues from it losing the attack and even if your too slow for that theres a huge chance you will survive it and regen back to full just after.

Btw there is pob link under tree section for all tiers and about clusters you can just fossil craft those clusters should be a lot cheaper this way and you have a kinda good chance on hitting it. (Also master of fire and cooked alive on medium should be posible to make its just that there are 0 on market and im basing it on the fact that both exist on this exact type of medium cluster)

To curse things you need to get +1 curse (to be able to use 2 curses) and thats a lot more expensive than clusters on avarage as your options are :

- +1 curse on tree which is too far away,

- annointing +1 curse on amulet but you would need clusters to get mana leech so kinda beats the point of it,

- +1 curse on chest and it with good stats is like 8-10ex+ alone unless you want to craft it on yourself tho its an idea for end game i guess...
"
sas115 wrote:
"
9v1d0 wrote:

I do agree with what you said and i can see it being useless when you have enough dmg but for me with my current gear its making up for the missing gap that bosses had so its usefull early for sure but as you said for sirius, uber elder or simulacrum its pointless or rather its another thing to maintain and knowing we have 3 warcries to maintain theres no time for it, tho imo worth adding up somwhere in Tier 4 - 3 as a helpfull thing as it can make killing bosses easier.

I have killed A5 sirius today deathless and well it was easy even with my gear but i also know it was just A5. I can try elder and shaper but i doubt those will be any problem for me.

This league i was testing quite a bit of builds so sadly i never really got into end game stuff but the fact that this build is able to do what im doing now on really low budget is telling me that its good enough for most of what the game can offer.

I just personally really dislike the skill but it does make sense to use it. Added it to get gem section. Thank you for the suggestion.
"
"
sas115 wrote:
"

If you at a point where you can comfortably one-shot everything and you are not lacking damage for bosses - then go ahead with trying to get some attack speed. It's just like an nice thing to have. Hands of the High Templar can get attack speed corrupts, Devoto's Devotion gives nice attack speed, Fuel the fight cluster jewel gives additional attack speed. I think you should be fine with Sirus if you don't get slowed by the "Everlasting fire".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info