[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

Just trying out this build, having a lot of fun so far. Can you please take a look at my POB and let me know where I should focus about 5-10ex? Sometimes I feel as if my cast is slow and I'm having trouble with bosses. Just did a T-16 map, mobs were ok, died at boss once and a Metamorph once. But it seems a real slow grind to kill a boss. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://pastebin.com/Pg3WyZ6y
"
buckr49 wrote:
Just trying out this build, having a lot of fun so far. Can you please take a look at my POB and let me know where I should focus about 5-10ex? Sometimes I feel as if my cast is slow and I'm having trouble with bosses. Just did a T-16 map, mobs were ok, died at boss once and a Metamorph once. But it seems a real slow grind to kill a boss. Thanks in advance for any help.

Okay, while im not the creator of this build i am also playing it and while i do have questions aswell i will comment for you.

1. Your gloves imo are not as usefull as you may think, why? because you have 2 curses on it : enfeeble (you also have gem setup for it btw) and ele weakness on hit, the issue i see is that you do not have a +1 curse to begin with so one of those do not work as far as i know.

2. Belt? have you checked in pob if this belt is even worth it? i mean other than RES and life its useless for dmg. Ryslatha coil is really strong afterall.

But for sure wait for 9v1d0 to comment on it as i have a bit different setup and different expiriences it seems.

In my case im still not high enough level to get cluster (working on it) but as it is i killed : hydra, chicken, mino, eradicator, purifier and redeemer, i also did quite few t15-t16 metamorphs and no issues there life wise.

My issue is that i do not understand how earthshatter works as for me it seems to be doing less dmg than just tectonic slam (somtimes earthshatter does a 30-40% of life dmg per hit and somtimes like 5% no idea how to predict it and what i may be doing wrong)

The attack speed is for sure slow but thats the idea of this build, hit once and just wait ~3 secounds for another hit.

I think that the dmg of this build is somwhat meh atleast without cluster and i will need to level up to check that out as i preffered to be able to level safe now, at 90 i will get it.
PoB shows me that "adds # physical damage" is about 4-5 times as good dps-wise as "adds # fire damage" point by point. If this is correct I would suggest replacing some jewels accordingly.
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Aug 19, 2020, 5:51:24 PM
"
buckr49 wrote:

Hey, man. I am glad that you are enjoying the build.

First of all, I removed your cluster jewels, put Fortify back and Annointed Soul Raker and with that upgraded your damage from 3,6m to 4m and your life from 5.5k to 6k.
https://pastebin.com/etw0y9uY2
Focus on migrating your resistances to helmet so that you can pick up Ryslatha's Coil. It will give you 20% more damage.
Or try to get a FULL set of one of the custer jewels. Those are only good if you have all the large and medium cluster jewels in place.
Oh, I just realized that your Watcher's eye is useless as well. You already have 100% fire converstion. Get a regular jewel or an eye with "Fire Pen", "increased fire" or "physical as extra fire".
Also, make sure the Elemental weakness is applied from your gloves because you have two curses there. You can get a bit attack speed there as well if you feel the need.
Makes sure you are using all warcries combined when bossing as well. Check "Gameplay explained" video.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
buckr49 wrote:

Okay, while im not the creator of this build i am also playing it and while i do have questions aswell i will comment for you.

1. Your gloves imo are not as usefull as you may think, why? because you have 2 curses on it : enfeeble (you also have gem setup for it btw) and ele weakness on hit, the issue i see is that you do not have a +1 curse to begin with so one of those do not work as far as i know.

2. Belt? have you checked in pob if this belt is even worth it? i mean other than RES and life its useless for dmg. Ryslatha coil is really strong afterall.

But for sure wait for 9v1d0 to comment on it as i have a bit different setup and different expiriences it seems.

In my case im still not high enough level to get cluster (working on it) but as it is i killed : hydra, chicken, mino, eradicator, purifier and redeemer, i also did quite few t15-t16 metamorphs and no issues there life wise.

My issue is that i do not understand how earthshatter works as for me it seems to be doing less dmg than just tectonic slam (somtimes earthshatter does a 30-40% of life dmg per hit and somtimes like 5% no idea how to predict it and what i may be doing wrong)

The attack speed is for sure slow but thats the idea of this build, hit once and just wait ~3 secounds for another hit.

I think that the dmg of this build is somwhat meh atleast without cluster and i will need to level up to check that out as i preffered to be able to level safe now, at 90 i will get it.

Hey, sas.

You got it right with the gloves and belt :)
Good to know that most of the content can be cleared already without cluster jewels. Since I was still testing different things when making the build I don't remember that point anymore. How has the build progression been otherwise?

Yes, the damage fluctuates by A LOT. You can easily go from dealing a 7.7m slam to dealing a 1.7mil damage slam. There are two main factors for this - Ngamahu, Flame's Advance and Seismic cry. Ngamahu can give you either 0% or 60% more damage and Sesmic cry can give you 30%, 60%, 90%, 120% and wooping 150% more damage.

The attack speed is one attack per 2 seconds. While you swing the mace the cooldown on Fist of War is already ticking.
"
PoB shows me that "adds # physical damage" is about 4-5 times as good dps-wise as "adds # fire damage" point by point. If this is correct I would suggest replacing some jewels accordingly.

Hey Rolf,
Yes, "adds # physical damage" is better than "adds # fire damage". Probably because I use "gain #% of physical damage as extra fire" but not sure. I would suggest avoiding "adds damage" modifiers though as they add very little value. It's much better for builds with a lot of attack speed. Get some defensive stats instead.
Last edited by 9v1d0 on Aug 20, 2020, 4:50:10 AM
"
9v1d0 wrote:

Hey, sas.

You got it right with the gloves and belt :)
Good to know that most of the content can be cleared already without cluster jewels. Since I was still testing different things when making the build I don't remember that point anymore. How has the build progression been otherwise?

Yes, the damage fluctuates by A LOT. You can easily go from dealing a 7.7m slam to dealing a 1.7mil damage slam. There are two main factors for this - Ngamahu, Flame's Advance and Seismic cry. Ngamahu can give you either 0% or 60% more damage and Sesmic cry can give you 30%, 60%, 90%, 120% and wooping 150% more damage.

The attack speed is one attack per 2 seconds. While you swing the mace the cooldown on Fist of War is already ticking.

Oh alright i had no idea about the fact that seismic cry increases after each exerted attack (yea i didnt read it...) that changes a lot as i was keeping that at 3-5 charges all the time. I already knew about ngamahu and the fact that for 4 sec every 10 sec we get a buff from ascendency.

https://ibb.co/mGKNp0n

That was t15 with just tidebreaker, armour (the one i have now, xoph, ryslatha and 2 kaoms at lvl 67.

Leveling this character is really easy. I mean just tidebreaker, xoph and those two kaoms give enough dmg to carry up till t15 (i wouldnt advice to do t15's and higher with setup as above but with just those you can without a doubt do up to t12 deathless) I need to learn how to use seismic cry.

One thing i want to say you should make the tiers for this build with avarage items and gems to go with as even now im confused to what i should or should not be using, with item stats and such i can help you especialy that i will probably league start this character next league and since i did level this char just now.

As it is the guide is kinda chaotic and gear you showed is more of a higher tier than i and most of us can achieve casualy playing (+ when harvest is out it will only get harder)

Like under gear separate it for tier 4 - base stuff that people would be using after getting into maps so :

- 5l tidebreaker and one is enough till t10 as i didnt need earthshatter at all.
- 2 kaoms SIGN's as early on those will be quite good enough and tell that you can upgrade em with The King's Path prophecy later to save currency
- A body armour with 70 life, 30 lightning and 30 cold res.
- Belt with life and res, could be stygian or just any other.
- Gloves with life and res and you can point out that spiked could be a good choice cuz increased melee dmg and are not expensive at all.
- Amulet - if you use only tectonic then you dont need xoph so somthing easy that also gives life, maybe some dmg, res DEX AND INT and then make xoph as tier 3 needed item so people know what to work for etc.
- Boots just 20 movement, res and life dont point at +1 endurance there leave it for higher tier so people wont think its the most needed thing for this build as its not.
- Flasks akhm did you even mention the flasks anywhere as i cant find? (and life flask would be a must for this tier untill you upgrade rings to kaoms way)

I can help you with leveling tree aswell showing how i did it atleast if you want. Overally i WANT to help you with this build as i really enjoy it and im sure that next league unless they nerf slams (they shouldnt) this is a cheap build that needs easy to get stuff (5l tidebreaker costed 50-40c after first week and you only need it for maps, as before you can just buy a mace from vendor in town and use belt+blacksmith recipe to give it dmg and its good to go till another town or you can use essences and imo its worth mentioning in leveling section aswell)
Last edited by sas115 on Aug 20, 2020, 9:27:45 AM
Hey man, thanks for answering.

To the fluctuating numbers: I guess ryslatha's amplifies this by a lot. I mean on average this is a great boost, but the question is: Does it feel well?
Not sure if I am going to buy this one or if I just use a stygian with a high roll on +#% elemental damage.

Also I do not quite understand the bad thing about tectonic on bosses.
"

To the fluctuating numbers: I guess ryslatha's amplifies this by a lot. I mean on average this is a great boost, but the question is: Does it feel well?
Not sure if I am going to buy this one or if I just use a stygian with a high roll on +#% elemental damage.

Ryslatha gives a lot of life (80-100) + 20-40 STR, 1-25 flat phys and whats more important 40% MORE dmg. Nothing will give you 40% more dmg there, stygian is a good alternative for early gameplay but later on i doubt you can craft somthing that will give you better dmg or even get close to this as we have a lot of phys to fire everywhere.

I should also clarify that MORE=/=INCREASED.

So tectonic is not bad for bosses per say its just that if you use earthshatter its way more stronger, at first i was playing this build wrong and it felt that earthshatter is doing same damage if not lower for bosses compared to tectonic but now that i know how seismic cry works i tend to 2 shot t16 bosses just like that and my gear is nothing special, even more its really bad.

Hey 9v1d0 I have one more suggestion and i would like to know what you think about Vaal Ancestral warchief as it gives 32% more melee dmg so do you think its worth? i mean 32% more is a huge modifier and given that you just pop it for bosses imo its quite a nice boost for just 1 gem slot. (sure totem lasts just 6sec if i remeber but thats enough to hit 2 earthshatter for sure)
"
sas115 wrote:
"

Ryslatha gives a lot of life (80-100) + 20-40 STR, 1-25 flat phys and whats more important 40% MORE dmg. Nothing will give you 40% more dmg there, stygian is a good alternative for early gameplay but later on i doubt you can craft somthing that will give you better dmg or even get close to this as we have a lot of phys to fire everywhere.

I should also clarify that MORE=/=INCREASED.

So tectonic is not bad for bosses per say its just that if you use earthshatter its way more stronger, at first i was playing this build wrong and it felt that earthshatter is doing same damage if not lower for bosses compared to tectonic but now that i know how seismic cry works i tend to 2 shot t16 bosses just like that and my gear is nothing special, even more its really bad.

Hey 9v1d0 I have one more suggestion and i would like to know what you think about Vaal Ancestral warchief as it gives 32% more melee dmg so do you think its worth? i mean 32% more is a huge modifier and given that you just pop it for bosses imo its quite a nice boost for just 1 gem slot. (sure totem lasts just 6sec if i remeber but thats enough to hit 2 earthshatter for sure)

Well, a stygian has more life and a lot of resists + an abyss socket.
How does ryslatha's have 40% more? Best roll it can have is -30% min. damage, +40% max damage which translates into 22,8% more damage in the absolute best case for tidebreaker with lowest min damage, highest max damage roll possible:
More damage = 100*((206*0,7+634*1,4)/2)/((206+634)/2)-100

While this is still the biggest dps boost possible for belts I am not quite sure it's worth it because of mentioned fluctuations of slams. This wouldn't matter at all if you are on 15 Attacks per Second, but since we are just hitting once here every few seconds I think it's quite demotivational if you cannot kill with your hit since you got the low damage roll on your attack.
It's a matter of taste though I guess.

Can you also describe how to use earthshatter correctly? Never used it, can start trying it sunday soonest :-D
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Aug 21, 2020, 9:51:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info