[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

"
imwolf21 wrote:
actually, if im in for the long haul, ie road to 100, than its probably better to invest into the explody on the astral plate..

TBH the strenght req isn't that bad. Get a int str amulet (I fucked up here). and get strenght and res fill/balance on your jewels in your skill tree. Your cluster jewels can be hP/all res/chaos/ to min max the last digits too so don't be so afraid. For me, the gloves are impossible to find at a fair price and the belt is probably gonna be hard as heck to find for flasking.

Either way, I've never bothered with explody chests but this build just makes the game too easy and frankly, not challenging at all.
\]
Use 25% spell damage indigons, people. It's a massive damage loss to have less than 25%.
Been playing this as my main for most of the league.
"

Recrafted the chest recently for % mana recovery instead of frenzy on hit, and while it could be better rolling % reduced attributes let me not have to recraft the amulet on a str/dex base.

78% all res, balanced fire and lightning res for wise oak, and 88% chaos res. Could try and push for 90% chaos res but I'm not quite sure that's worth the endeavor.

Also alternative quality gems are insane with enhance. 44% divergent plague bearer = 22% reduced chaos dmg taken, 44% divergent rf = 44% inc spell dmg, 44% anomalous blood rage = 4% frenzy on hit on uniques.

Want to try and get a better weapon, but finding a good crafting base to work with has been nigh impossible. Easy upgrades would be blade vortex duration Indigon or awakened unleash, but I'm not sure they're worth the investment at current prices.
"
noslrak wrote:
"

Recrafted the chest recently for % mana recovery instead of frenzy on hit, and while it could be better rolling % reduced attributes let me not have to recraft the amulet on a str/dex base.

78% all res, balanced fire and lightning res for wise oak, and 88% chaos res. Could try and push for 90% chaos res but I'm not quite sure that's worth the endeavor.

Also alternative quality gems are insane with enhance. 44% divergent plague bearer = 22% reduced chaos dmg taken, 44% divergent rf = 44% inc spell dmg, 44% anomalous blood rage = 4% frenzy on hit on uniques.

Want to try and get a better weapon, but finding a good crafting base to work with has been nigh impossible. Easy upgrades would be blade vortex duration Indigon or awakened unleash, but I'm not sure they're worth the investment at current prices.

do you think running divergent plague bearer is worth it over a sigil of power? 19% less damage while on it vs 24% less chaos damage all the time.
"
imwolf21 wrote:
"
noslrak wrote:
"

do you think running divergent plague bearer is worth it over a sigil of power? 19% less damage while on it vs 24% less chaos damage all the time.

Sigil of Power is more mitigation, but I'm lazy as hell and don't want to bother casting it and then waiting for the (marginal) time it takes to ramp up.

Sirus likes to teleport all over the place and Shaper and Uber Elder involve running around a bunch which makes me not to want to deal with maintaining sigil of power. Don't really die unless I get hit by a meteor or slam either so I don't personally value the added mitigation of sigil vs the passive mitigation of plague bearer.

Also divergent plague bearer is consistently on while mapping/heisting, while sigil of power isn't really useful in non-boss fights.

I was able to craft the chest and the amulet today... the chest seems somewhat decent and I'm pumped about the amulet since I can wipe and keep the gem mods.

A couple questions:

How should I go about crafting a weapon? elder phys to spells and hatred aura redemeer awakene slam?

also, liquid inspiration and spiked concoction cluster is like 8 ex. I'm assuming I'll be with just the spiked concoction and something else until I get the currency for it.

Is armor / divine flesh still better than dodge / divine flesh ? I'm assuming they are about equal because of the divine flesh nerf. When I can compare the two builds, the dodge builds I always see much tankier when I check out the calculations in PoB. However, with armor you
get to use molten shell, while dodge has to use like steelskin or arcane cloak.

sorry for all these questions
"
imwolf21 wrote:

I was able to craft the chest and the amulet today... the chest seems somewhat decent and I'm pumped about the amulet since I can wipe and keep the gem mods.

A couple questions:

How should I go about crafting a weapon? elder phys to spells and hatred aura redemeer awakene slam?

also, liquid inspiration and spiked concoction cluster is like 8 ex. I'm assuming I'll be with just the spiked concoction and something else until I get the currency for it.

Is armor / divine flesh still better than dodge / divine flesh ? I'm assuming they are about equal because of the divine flesh nerf. When I can compare the two builds, the dodge builds I always see much tankier when I check out the calculations in PoB. However, with armor you
get to use molten shell, while dodge has to use like steelskin or arcane cloak.

sorry for all these questions

Elder phys to spells + hatred aura is the cheapest/easiest decent weapon to make.

Distilled perfection + spiked concoction is the cheaper option, I got lucky on my regal for my spiked concoction + liquid inspiration.

Dodge variant takes an extra 8 - 9 passives to reach phase acro and you still can't reach dodge + spell dodge cap off a quartz flask plus an additional 3 passives if you go wind dancer. 2 born of chaos small clusters is 4 passives by comparison + 1 or 4 passives for Divine Flesh depending on if you were already going for the jewel socket near agnostic/eternal youth.

Also, this build doesn't reach the mana and mana regen levels to enable Omeyocan, so its pretty hard to reach dodge/spell dodge cap. Dodge build would also want a jade flask alongside the quartz flask in my opinion, and the build already struggles with flask slots.

It was relatively trivial to reach 88% chaos res for me personally, considering how scuffed my boots are and the low resists on my belt. Belts with the 50% chaos res during flask effect essence mod can bridge the gap until you balance resists. Could also live dangerously and rely on wise oak for resists.
So a general question for the weapon as I put the pieces together, is there any reason to go sceptre specifically? Dagger/wand/etc won't work? or is it any I find with the recommended lines
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
So a general question for the weapon as I put the pieces together, is there any reason to go sceptre specifically? Dagger/wand/etc won't work? or is it any I find with the recommended lines

Elemental damage is the best implicit, that's all it comes down to. It's not the biggest of deals, so if you find a weapon on the market that's not a sceptre feel free to go for it. If crafting from scratch though, definitely go for a sceptre
"
Niedzwiedz wrote:
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

Elemental damage is the best implicit, that's all it comes down to. It's not the biggest of deals, so if you find a weapon on the market that's not a sceptre feel free to go for it. If crafting from scratch though, definitely go for a sceptre

Thanks, I assumed that was the reason, but is spell damage not 1:1 with elemental damage? Theres a 40% spell damage implicit wand, I don't want to invest in it if it's just strictly worse then sceptre with same rolls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info