[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

"
Niedzwiedz wrote:
"
TheArchmagus wrote:
Ok here is where I am now. Build slaps. Damage feels a little lacking but I dont even have level 20 gems yet. Pretty sure that I have a solid base for gear and wondering on input on what upgrade I should focus on next.

I can either try for multimoded weapons (I have failed 5 tries on this so far), a better amulet, better boots, work on a stygian belt, recraft the onslaught ring for better res or a better chest craft I think. Having to use two jewels to balance resistance also feels bad but with so many awakened pieces its rough. Curious to see what others think I should focus on

I'm curious, how's the RF sustain without divine flesh?

Your gear's really nice. I'm surprised it's not more damage. As much as you could get life rolls on some of those double-influenced pieces, I'd probably focus on the weapons (sounds like you got unlucky so far).

I'd upgrade Eagle Bane into a multimodded weapon. Entropy knell is not bad though, it could be kept for a while considering it has AoE and you don't need two triggers. I might be dumb, but pretty sure you can craft spell damage and non-chaos as added chaos on it, which should be more damage than crafted flat cold to spells (depends how much mana you spend usually, but even at 8k mana spent recently the spell damage is better).

The RF degen is 100% a non issue as long as I remember to not let the flask drop. with no flask up its maybe 5 seconds from full to dead? Less regen and -max maps feel a little iffy at times but overall not that bad. If I switch my two small clusters to gg small chaos ones I might be able to add in divine flesh. just not sure its worth the large life loss if I am not using a shield.

Working on that weapon upgrade now though I might go for a multimoded amulet first. If any one wants a white double influnced sceptor I have 6 now....

And you are 100% right about spell damage non chaos craft. I just dont have it yet and cant be bothered to pay a crafter.
Last edited by TheArchmagus on Oct 6, 2020, 9:41:05 AM

Whats the best value prefix here for this build? Kinda torn between %life, spell dodge, or %life as ES.

Also has anyone tried overleech as a temporary stopgap measure while you figure out the resist to get Divine Flesh going ?
Last edited by Kottbullar on Oct 6, 2020, 2:02:09 PM
hello, is the only source of power charge from liquid inspiration?
"
hahahahoha wrote:
hello, is the only source of power charge from liquid inspiration?

Liquid inspiration haoppens to give power charges, but they are mostly useless for the build. This isn't a crit build, it really doesn't matter if they aren't reliably up.
First off, fantastic build. I think this may be the most well rounded build in the meta right now. I've barely spent any currency not counting my explode chest, like 150c maybe a little less. And the build is just farming all content I throw at it. The only downside about the build for me so far is no Herald of Ice. I'm using it anyways for the aesthetics and just toggling it for bosses.

Now onto my problem... I have no idea what to upgrade first. I'm not swimming in currency or anything but right now I could probably swing one of these:

Awakener's Orb my chest to get either frenzy on hit or mana recovery

+2 amulet and annoint it

1 maybe 2 new hatred effect+phys to spell weapons so I can craft trigger cause I'm too lazy to self cast frostbomb

Cold conversion jewel and replace gloves with temple gloves

Or drop Acro/Phase/Winddancer and slowly transition into Divine Flesh

There is just so many potential upgrade paths and I don't know what to do :(

Also I expected the build to have lower single target than I do right now. It's not super fast but I am able to kill T16 guardians, conquerors, and Sirus comfortably. And that's without using Frostbomb, Frostbite, and Sigil of Power which would all give me a big damage increase and my shit gear.
Hey everyone!

Firstly, Thanxs for the guide, great job :)

I played the build last league (Armor/Divine Flesh) and with low/medium gear i could do all content without struggling (just dying a few times on hard encounters)

What are your feelings about Dodge/Wind Dancer version in terms of survivability? Is it barely "unkillable" compared to the armor version or must i expect to die more frequently?
Hey guys, i just switched to this build with kinda of a low budget before i quit heist for good. I'm still leveling my gems and fully respecing from my old build (Passives near Wind Dance and Annoint), but what should i prioritize first? I have 2ex right now

POB: https://pastebin.com/2SGG2BU1
Profile is open too

Thanks!
Welp, I hit lv100 today and finished out 36/40 challenges. I guess this is a bit of a introspection of my experience with this build in this league.

I started with Scourge Arrow Poison Pathfinder(Another very good build) and swapped once I had around 20ex of currency. To be honest, the only things I think are absolutely necessary in order to play this build are Indigon and Explode Chest. Without Indigon you will lack boss damage and without Explode chest you will hate your life clearing maps with BV without any sort of secondary clear mechanic.

"

Overall, I'm very pleased with the build. Indigon has always been one of my favorite uniques and the initial nerf it received back in 3.5 left me kinda salty but in hindsight it was correct move given the incremental buffs it received through other various additions to the game. At this point I'm not sure it's possible to make a good indigon build without abusing juiced Enduring mana flasks. At the very least, it would simply be inferior to mana flask builds since mana regen is far more important for indigon than max mana(unlike Archmage).

I posted about this weapon earlier but I believe this to be the most realistic "bis" weapon for this build. The only other type I found to be equivalent or better would be the same sceptre but with T1 Physical Added as Cold instead of Flat Phys to Spells. Unfortunately that is also Redeemer so it is not easily craftable like Flat Phys+Hatred Effect. It's sad that the Heist enchants are so difficult to put on existing gear otherwise I would have enjoyed some variant of Increased Phys Modifier Effect

I bought an indigon rather early in the league for about 2.9ex(they're about 30c now) and if I wanted to further optimize the build I would attempt to corrupt 25% spell dmg indigons until I got %life or Cold Ailment effect. Unfortunately you'll see that be a running theme throughout my post where if I had enjoyed the league mechanic more I might have continued to optimize the build. Side note: The enchant was a happy accident when I was attempting to get a sufficient boot enchant and my Twice Enchanted enchant went into my Indigon after I got a passable boot enchant.

Trusty Ahn's Heritage. With this I am converting about 60% of the physical dmg I take to some an element or chaos. A bis shield would be a woke orbed Hunter Max Chaos Res + Shaper Max Res which would allow me to drop a Born of Chaos cluster for something else. I decided against it because the loss of chaos res from replacing a Chaos Res cluster would result in a cascading effect of having to improve the rest of my gear and I was particularly fond of the double phys conversion corruption.

Bought this early on for 8.5ex and I linked it in about 60 fuse. Needless to say, I was stoked. A better chest would be a woke orbed astral plate with Explode+Frenzy on Hit or Life Recovery Rate or Phys taken as Chaos or Mana Recovery Rate. I did not replace this for the same reason as above; the loss of resist would make me upgrade everything else and I simply do not have the patience for that given how little I enjoyed the league mechanic. Additionally the affix I would have chosen would have been Phys taken as Chaos which would only be a minor upgrade given I already have Phys Taken as Lightning so it did not seem worth the hassle.

Man I wish was an Amber amulet instead but oh well. This was another hard to replace rare. I enjoyed the cold penetration because it scaled the explosions whereas +gem level would not. That said, like others I chose not to upgrade this out of laziness and I would consider gem level superior since I find that this build already scales the explosion so much that anything short of tanky rares was dying as long as they overlapped with at least a few mobs. The funny thing is that I bought this neck for about 20c and it's been basically my bis this entire time.

Easily the worst piece of gear I have. A bis ring would be something with T1 chaos res and a ton of elemental res so that you wouldn't need res on your neck like I did. Good bit of mana on this though which was nice. Note the odd amount of res catalysts specifically used to balance out my Fire and Lightning res for my Wise Oak.

The awkward thing about these gloves is that they had dex on them which rendered the dex from my neck unnecessary. These are pretty gloves to bis IMO. The only thing that might be better would be woke orbed gloves with Unnerve on Hit and Phys to Cold conversion. However that would have put a ton of strain on the rest of my gear given these gloves by themselves give nearly 100 res total.

I bought this belt for 2ex pretty early on and I don't regret it one bit. I knew I would realistically never replace this belt. The only flaws would be the T2 life and relatively low tiers of the res. The flask mana+reduced flask charges with open prefix was just so hard to beat.

Yea, these boots along with my res ring were the big things holding me back from upgrading things such as my shield and my neck. Those 2 slots really have to carry a lot of weight resist-wise given the belt has to have flask mana rate and flask charges used and the other ring has no resist. Definitely want a pair of Two-Toneds with far more resist on them than this. Those Two-Toneds did not exist at the time when I first put all the gear together unfortunately.

Other gear I want to talk about that I'm not sure how to link without unequipping them.

1. Large 8 passive cluster with Prismatic Heart, Doryani's lesson, and Vengeful Commander.

I went through craftofexile a lot to see if this cluster would be craftable at all. Answer: Not at all. I have no idea how to effectively craft this without Harvest so when I saw a couple up for sale for 5ex early on I quickly pounced and slammed the jewel(I got +dex which was legitimately useful until I got those dex gloves)

2. Phys conversion and Cold damage Watcher's Eye.

I bought this for about 14ex upgrading from just a normal conversion Watcher's. I've checked in PoB and the bis affix after conversion is likely Cold Pen but when I was looking to buy a 2 mod Hatred Watcher's Eye that combo did not exist to be bought.

3. An assortment of Flat Phys to Spells abyss jewels

Jewels are a good place to get resist if need be for this build since even the best damage jewels are fairly mediocre compared to ones available for Crit builds. I would likely have gotten a lot more of my res from these if I were to upgrade my gear further.

Some things I chose to do differently from others

1. I chose not to use Unnatural Instinct since most of the benefit it gives is a large increase in AoE for your chest. The %mana is far less important than one would think since almost all of our mana regen is flask-based and therefore the increased mana regen from having a larger mana pool is minor at best. I chose to simply take 3 more 5% life nodes on the tree. I found that the 15% aoe from the belt enchant was sufficient to buff explode chest aoe.

2. No dual-wield sceptres. I found that the extra damage is honestly just overkill. By my math I have roughly 8m sirus dps in my boss setup and that's lowballing it.That's also with using Unleash since I found using Conc effect I struggled to maintain full BV stacks after having ramped. This is something Unnatural Instinct could have helped with, admittedly, to the skill effect duration it gives. I wanted to increase my survivability above all else because dying at lv99 means losing probably around 90 minutes of progress if not more.

3. No Overflowing Chalice for bosses. The reduced flask charges on belt+how quickly I phase sirus meant that I can easily sustain flasks on bosses without Chalice. I instead used Atziri's Promise in place a Chalice for bosses since it gives a huge amount of dps for a conversion build like this. Using Promise is another reason I chose not to dual-wield sceptres.

All in all. The only death I had from lv98 to lv100 was to an inexplicable Legion mob that leap slammed on me and killed me from full to zero with full buffs up in less than a second. I'm able to face tank Die beams and sit on an ele pen frenzy charge Aul and be perfectly fine and yet I died to some rando Legion mob in a map with a single damage mod(Phys as extra Cold). Who the hell knows.

Thanks for reading this. I hope some of my thoughts will help others put this build together. I personally think it's one of the strongest builds out there for its lack of weaknesses and I find the Enduring Mana Flask+Indigon interaction to be one of the most "Hidden OP" things in PoE right now.

Sigil of Power is extremely good and I highly recommend a 4L setup with inc aoe, inc duration, and intensify. Even not counting the damage it gives(about 8% last I checked) the 20% reduced damage done from mobs in it combined with its huge aoe and duration means it's just perfect for sitting on top of a boss and spamming BV safely.

1 last thing. Take the 3 point Res jewel socket under scion instead of the Strength node 3 point ones. I'm taking it here because it's very convenient given my need for strength. If my neck was an Amber Amulet instead I would swap to the Res jewel socket in a heart beat since 36 res is way higher value than 20 strength.
Last edited by Coil1 on Oct 7, 2020, 10:57:25 PM
"
Telleiras wrote:
Hey guys, i just switched to this build with kinda of a low budget before i quit heist for good. I'm still leveling my gems and fully respecing from my old build (Passives near Wind Dance and Annoint), but what should i prioritize first? I have 2ex right now

POB: https://pastebin.com/2SGG2BU1
Profile is open too

Thanks!

I'd invest in some basic rare jewels with life/mana/resists/relevant damage mods, since you've got 1-passive jewel slots close by and it would allow you to respec some resist passives. Your belt and rare rings should be easy to upgrade (especially the belt; there are some really great affixes for the build in there).

As far as big upgrades go, I'd 100% save up for an explodey chest. It completely changes how the build feels.

I'm not sure what the hardened scars anoint is about, since you have no life or hybrid flask (if it's just something you loaned from another character, don't mind me).

"
Now onto my problem... I have no idea what to upgrade first. I'm not swimming in currency or anything but right now I could probably swing one of these:

Awakener's Orb my chest to get either frenzy on hit or mana recovery

+2 amulet and annoint it

1 maybe 2 new hatred effect+phys to spell weapons so I can craft trigger cause I'm too lazy to self cast frostbomb

Cold conversion jewel and replace gloves with temple gloves

Or drop Acro/Phase/Winddancer and slowly transition into Divine Flesh

Personally my order of priorities would be 3-2-4-1, and then option 5 depends on what you prefer, but if capping chaos resist is too much of a headache I'd postpone it for a while. The trigger mod is super OP, and upgrading from a normal amulet to a +2 amulet with a top-tier anoint has always felt like a huge powerspike whenever I did it

@Coil1 Thanks for the write-up! I'm jealous of that double-corrupted ahn's heritage, that is some gorgeous stuff. The belt as well. My other takeaway is how relatively cheap the build can be. There's an initial barrier of entry, but beyond that the build performs perfectly fine with basic gear in a lot of item slots. I'm glad people are playing it outside of Harvest, because it really didn't need it.

So I decide to gamble my luck on my belt. Slammed T2 inc dmg against chilled enemies. I do lose sme flask effectiveness but I think the mod is also good so pretty happy with it

This is my current gears

"

I got some replacements from my old amulet and chestpiece for res mostly.

Im still lvl 98 because I cant read ele reflect mod on maps but so far I never die outside of reflect maps.

Really happy with how tanky and how much dmg the build does even with just a weapon + shield.

Most of my clusters are set, with a 3 notable large that allows me to save some passive skills and a medium with liquid inspiration and distilled perfection. Im using the notable Antivenom notable for the +1 %max res and chaos res to help for gearing

As Coil said, any rare upgrades would require to change some pieces to get res capped but once you get everything capped including chaos res, it feels really good.
Last edited by TsunaH on Oct 8, 2020, 8:12:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info