I hope harvest gets added into the CORE game

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:
It's absolutely amazing.

Yep it is.

It provide a true item upgrade/progression experience for players that do not wish to rely on extreme shitty RNG to craft items. But of course, you got to farm for it though its still not easy at this stage for me.

Spamming countless chaos and exalts or fossils and still getting shit is a turn off for all players in standard.

The very limited number of players(sellers & buyers) playing standard and the imbalanced economy in standard may mean that it's really hard to find an upgrade for items and even if you found it, you may not be able to afford it.

This harvest mechanic provides a way.

GGG should give standard players some love by implementing it to core/standard. After all, why bother to make such an amazing harvest planting experience/mechanic just to discard it after 3 months? Why waste it?

The Problem with that is that imo Harvest is so good that every other crafting option there is sucks. I don't like the fact that you can for example make an explosion chest or a DoT Bow guaranteed. I agree with the SSf Farming. It takes a lot of time but in Softcore people will just buy/sell these seed crafts and make mirrors within a couple of weeks. Either they should nerf the fuck out of the crafts itself/keep it to SSF or remove it alltogether. Nerfing Drop rrates will imo accomplish nothing, because the same items will still be made with minimal effort. the only thing what you'll need is a step by step guide and currency that's it.
Last edited by JulianWeber on Jul 18, 2020, 10:00:48 AM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Harvest crafting is one of the best things to ever happen to poe. Never has the leveling process felt so smooth without being forced to trade or to play a mega meta build.

End game crafting is now something much more players can now engage in.
It's a shame so many players never gave the league a chance after the first week but GGG's mistep with the unitentional crafting nerf did not help.

Agree with all of this. Crafting has always been a high-risk gamble that only the rich got to engage in. I'm glad GGG implemented something to make it more accessible.

I agree with the fact that you'll have to dumb a lot of currency into a 40ex item, but that's the fun part of it. Also the high risk gamble thing is kinda bs if you know what you're doing. PoE has always been a hard and grindy game and imo Harvestcrafting personally takes that grind away from me.
they should ve started deterministic crafting a lot earlier
instead of gambling something with 2 arms and legs,not this gambling fart.

And I get why some love this point about harvest but they ignore the boring gameplay, the empty maps, the tedious way to set it all up.
"
Puraime wrote:
I always wonder why craft leagues get negative reactions from players.
personally I love this league and crafting is a lot more fun then ever.
if the crafts are too OP just make the seeds more rare.

how will a decreased drop rate nerf a craft in itself ?
"
Puraime wrote:
I always wonder why craft leagues get negative reactions from players.
personally I love this league and crafting is a lot more fun then ever.
if the crafts are too OP just make the seeds more rare.

You know once upon a time there was currency called Eternal Orb. It basically did what Harvest does now with the difference that Eternals were way more expensive than Harvest crafting. Players printed mirror gear.

The end of the story was that Eternal Orbs got removed from the drop pool and dont drop no more. The reason behind this action is simple. If you are decked in 6 T1 affix items after 3 weeks why not just play Diablo 3?

Whatever course this game takes im fine i guess with Harvest going core so i have this sick bases i can start crafting in standard.
Last edited by zzang on Jul 17, 2020, 1:30:22 PM
"
JulianWeber wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Harvest crafting is one of the best things to ever happen to poe. Never has the leveling process felt so smooth without being forced to trade or to play a mega meta build.

End game crafting is now something much more players can now engage in.
It's a shame so many players never gave the league a chance after the first week but GGG's mistep with the unitentional crafting nerf did not help.

Agree with all of this. Crafting has always been a high-risk gamble that only the rich got to engage in. I'm glad GGG implemented something to make it more accessible.

I agree with the fact that you'll have to dumb a lot of currency into a 40ex item, but that's the fun part of it. Also the high risk gamble thing is kinda bs if you know what you're doing. PoE has always been a hard and grindy game and imo Harvestcrafting personally takes that grind away from me.

How many people actually have 40ex to knock around, though, besides the ultra rich? I may have had that much at one point in the past, but not enough that I'd be willing to pump it into one item thinking I'll make something that's worth the effort. Frankly I never will.

Crafting has always been part of the rich kids' club, and GGG finally opened the doors for everyone with Harvest. I think this is good. Crafting has been a part of the game for years, but the astronomically high barrier to entry made it undesirable for most people even after adding beastcrafting and fossil crafting.

Also, yes, pre-Harvest crafting is a high-risk gamble. If you spend 40ex to buy a piece of armor with the intention of annulling bad mods and exalting good mods, and you happen to remove one of the mods you wanted, you could very well have just flushed all of that investment right down the toilet. That's a risk not a lot of people are willing to make.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jul 17, 2020, 1:47:51 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Crafting has always been part of the rich kids' club, and GGG finally opened the doors for everyone with Harvest. I think this is good. Crafting has been a part of the game for years, but the astronomically high barrier to entry made it undesirable for most people even after adding beastcrafting and fossil crafting.

Sorry but crafting for profit cccan easily be done with 1ex. Crafting like highly valuable items for example 10ex+ should require a lot of game knowledge not a simple step by step toturial. Harvest allows casuals to play with mirror tier items and that is just simply wrong if you ask me. AAs I said earlier PoEE is a very complex game and people who put time into the Game should be rewarded for it. Harvestjust negates that. Harvest is another league to make the game easier. It's rly cool for SSF players don't get me wrong but imo it does'nt belong in a Softcore environment
i really love the harvest crafting.

i hope it goes core with a few improvments, so u can actuall craft (like if its only in 10% maps or so that wouldnt be enought seeds to make something nice)

to all that think making powerful mods easy (like tailwind, other influeneced mods):
its a friggn game, everyone should be able to have highend stuff, not just a few extrem players. why cry about that ?

at first i hated harvest, cos of seemingly low drops, and ggg bricked the garden with to few add/remove mods so it was just chaos rolling. after the fix it felt really good.

i got a nice bunch of items, wich i all made myself. it feels really good to make an item that you think is perfect for you (and your playstyle)

maybe make the crafting options in bench and some mechanic to unlock them, but they shouldnt be super expensive to craft, like metacrafting with exalts is too much, how many people really do that?

_everyone_ should have access to highend gear, it makes the game soooo much more fun!!
Last edited by Eobard_Thawne on Jul 17, 2020, 4:13:30 PM
Harvests problem is that harvest crafting is kinda okay at best before you don't really need to use it anymore, then it gets good after you're already farming high end maps easily.

The other huge problem is all the unnecessary fiddly bits of the league are super obvious in the league. Like do we really need lifeforce at all to make the league go? Are dispensers and storage and adjacency and waiting a few maps to bloom really fun or worthwhile or is is just kinda junk thrown in.

The league mechanics would just feel better if you gutted everything and left in the crafting. Give it the bestiary treatment and maybe even make the stuff more common.
Last edited by j33bus on Jul 17, 2020, 4:54:55 PM
to craft something good i only need that enchant from the...uh...that "you can craft 3 additional crafts on one item but actually just two because this craft itself consumes one of the three slots" craft and 2-3 very good modifiers to have something worthwhile
before this got nerfed you hadnt that 3 craft- limit
so you could spam alt orbs until you had something awesome, regal it- some luck and this new mod wasnt shit and if so annul- fail?-back to s....

anyway
there was a very certain way for everyone to craft something very good for 2 ex maybe hundres of alts and some regals
and for whatever reason they came up with even mightier shit anyone could ever imagine
but "no one" gives a poop because this league is lame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info