Lag spike on Washington and Texas server

Can not play.
Wasted maps and hours.
I'm in NY and I'm also having non stop latency spikes. Usually sitting around 20-25ms getting spikes to 100ms regularly and sometimes much higher to the point of freezing and then speeding up.
"
Binary_Star wrote:
I'm in NY and I'm also having non stop latency spikes. Usually sitting around 20-25ms getting spikes to 100ms regularly and sometimes much higher to the point of freezing and then speeding up.

I am also in NY and play on Washington, Texas and California just make things worse for me.
-
Last edited by Shmez on Jul 6, 2020, 4:15:58 AM
"
Br00ksy wrote:
Idk a single person in several years that has used Comcast or even spoke it's name

As of Q2 2018, Comcast had 26,509,000 subscribers, and Spectrum had 24,622,000.
"
Br00ksy wrote:
Idk a single person in several years that has used Comcast or even spoke it's name

ISPs are regional. If you aren't hearing about one that's because you're not living in a region designated within their monopolistic fiefdom.
May all your rings be unique
Interesting. I'm Boston. East coast issue? Majority of problems seem to be with people in/around New York.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
At this point, I don't think this is a problem with the servers themselves or the local network. I suspect that there is a problem with a peer downstream.

If anyone would like to assist in troubleshooting this, I have a couple of addresses you can gather a traceroute to using WinMTR.

• wdc-unity-test.pathofexile.com
  • wdc-ibm-test.pathofexile.com

If you want to run one to the instance server you're connected to and having issues with, there is a short guide here:
Collecting a more accurate traceroute

To collect a more accurate WinMTR test to the server you're playing on, please follow the below:

1. Open your Path of Exile log.

Default locations:
  • Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\logs\Client.txt
  • Stand-alone: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs\Client.txt

2. Scroll to the bottom, and find the last log line that looks like this:
"
1970/01/01 00:00:00 12345678 123 [INFO Client 1234] Connecting to instance server at x.x.x.x:6112

The IP address where x.x.x.x is, will be the IP of the server you're connecting to.

3. Download the latest version of WinMTR from here.

4. Open the app, enter the IP address you gatherer into the 'Host' box and hit Start.

5. Let it run for a couple of minutes, and hit Stop.

6. Click 'Copy Text to clipboard'. Paste this info into PasteBin (https://pastebin.com/) and post the link here.

Use pastebin, to post results, please. If posted directly the formatting is not so great.

FFS, please people. Instead of chiming in a saying "me too", which is totally worthless, do what Fitzy asks so he can yell at the right people to get this fixed.

Sorry for the ping Fitzy.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jul 6, 2020, 12:34:52 PM
Don't know if this will help, but I've had an instance that correced itself.

I opened a map that had huge lag spikes. Normally I would just port out and consider the map a waste and open a new one, but I had Zana in this one. So I carefully lagged my way to Zana to open a map. The Zana map did not have any issues, so I finished it with no problems. When I ported back to the original map, the lag spikes were gone, and I was able to finish it.
I posted this on reddit so I'll post it here for additional visibility.

I ran a WinMTR last night while playing (because my in game experience was awful). And the WinMTR looked pretty clean. A few dropped packets over a long period of time, but pings to the gateway were quite normal, not even spiking above ~100ms. But in game my ping was spiking to 1000ms+ (and often flatlined for a few seconds), usually when I'd attack a pack. It felt more like a server being overloaded and fighting for resources than it did a networking issue. And the WinMTR seemed to back that feeling up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info