Lag spike on Washington and Texas server

1st entering my hideout when starting the game

30 seconds later

1 minute

1.5 minutes

My latency keeps dipping to just below 40 and jumping to around 80 and then spiking right up through the roof and my FPS keeps dipping to 0 or single digits and spiking right back up

Several minutes in my hideout and it's still highly unstable
Last edited by Br00ksy on Jul 6, 2020, 1:09:45 AM
Are there instances where you don't get this issue?
Very very rarely, it has been acting this way since the end of Delirium League, I played perfectly fine in Delirium League without any issues at all. I once in a great while will get booted back to the desktop or the log in screen saying operation timed out or unexpected disconnection etc etc. Idk why I would be able to play a demanding league like Delirium without issue but now have the game essentially unplayable 90-95% of the time.
Mine encampment

Menagerie

Karui Shores

No need to post more of those. Not much I can do with them.

Is your ISP Spectrum?
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
No need to post more of those. Not much I can do with them.

Is your ISP Spectrum?

Yes as I assume the large majority of the USA is.
Comcast is still top dog, I think.
Idk a single person in several years that has used Comcast or even spoke it's name
In my case, I have to switch gateways. First im in washington. Doesnt happen right away sometimes, but soemtimes it does. Never in my hideout though, only during in maps or so are the latency fluctuations happening. So i open a map, latency issues, logout, switch to texas or cali.

I started doing this today ( the gateway switching) but the latency has been happening since 3 days ago. I was able to play most of the day on the Texas gateway, then latency happen, switched to washington, lasted about an hour, then went to california and it's been fine so far.
My ping used to be a solid 19ms on DC, it now fluctuates between 19 and 30 in the hideout, and maps are even worse, it ends up with huge spikes, randomly fails to connect, times out ect.

my isp is Verizon, but at work we have Cox and I have the same issue there as well..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info