Lag spike on Washington and Texas server

We've been having some serious issues with the networking sitting in front of the DC gateway over the last couple of days.

Because of this, we had to shut down half of the DC gateway, which caused people to overflow on to Texas. There wasn't enough capacity there, so people were then put on California which is way less than ideal.

Our provider is reporting that some faulty network equipment has been replaced and things should be normal now. (Still holding my breath)

All I can say is that I am really sorry about this. This entire situation is messed up.

Please stay tuned over the next few days. There should be some good news for some of you guys that should lead a better experience.
its great that u guys are trying to solve the solution but i can tell u that its been 45 min since you posted that is should be back to normal and it is very far from it. still getting the awful under performance. but ty for the update anyway it is nice to see that yall are trying i spose. hope its fixed soon would love to be able to play again
What do you mean by 'under performance'?
"
Evildeathcrab wrote:
"
Br00ksy wrote:
"
Evildeathcrab wrote:
I'm getting sick of Washington. Like it's not stable enough to run all these really long maps where I also do gardening stuff. It's been really bad for like 3 leagues in a row now.

I've been connecting to Texas, and I've had 2 maps this play session that were unplayable, and 4 instance of being pushed on to the California realm... When playing at what is 11pm+ at night? Like how is that even close to acceptable?

Also I hear Europeans often don't realize just how large North America can be, but connecting to California from say New York is LONGER than say someone from London connecting to a Moscow Realm. I don't think it's an acceptable solution to be bounced all the way down there.

Please consider getting a better North East America host.

I live in NY and Washington and Texas are both bad for me and so is literally every single realm in this game now since the end of Delirium league.

I'm just hoping some this is not something where we have to paint a picture to the people at GGG showing how many people live around the North East area of America, and how physically far that is from California (and even Texas to some extent) having to travel across America and it's very loose laws regarding Net Neutrality and Traffic management. Like if people on the London Realm were randomly defaulted to Moscow from time to time, I imagine they would be pretty livid too.

Not quite sure how Europeans are related to this, but distance does indeed seem to become a factor faster when routing through other countries over land instead of a trans-oceanic cable. Probably more opportunities for weird routing to happen.
Last edited by Bk老虎 on Jul 4, 2020, 9:21:21 AM
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
What do you mean by 'under performance'?

I don't know if this anecdote is related to what he's referring to. But yesterday I was having pretty bad instance slowdown when delving in DC realm. The entire game would run in slow motion but without the speedup afterwards.
I'm still getting lag spikes :( My latency is going haywire still anyway since two days ago.
Last edited by TheKingRegulus on Jul 4, 2020, 3:38:38 PM
Washington is still just terrible to play on, Texas is also bad for me and California is terrible also. It's been since the end of Delirium for me in both Harvest league and standard.
My FPS and Latancy look like this ALL the time.

Idk what else I can do to try to solve these issues cause I believe it's on POE's end and not mine. I have reset my computer back to factory and reinstalled Windows, my Radeon software, cleaned my computer, Sacrificed a goat to the gods, everything! Nothing is working
I will take a look at WinMTRs to the instance IP you're connecting to if you want.

When I run one from the server back to you, it looks fine except for some latency spikes in roadrunner's network.
millan server lagging too , just de-sync while Shaper's phase 3.... ouch

and while i fight syndicate , it's just horrible
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I will take a look at WinMTRs to the instance IP you're connecting to if you want.

When I run one from the server back to you, it looks fine except for some latency spikes in roadrunner's network.

This thing? I've never used this before sorry
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| RAC2V1S - 0 | 959 | 959 | 0 | 4 | 17 | 15 |

| 142.254.213.37 - 0 | 954 | 954 | 7 | 13 | 33 | 14 |

| 24.58.242.21 - 0 | 956 | 956 | 11 | 49 | 361 | 30 |

| agg75.esyrnyaw02r.northeast.rr.com - 0 | 955 | 955 | 9 | 15 | 34 | 18 |

| agg27.rochnyei01r.northeast.rr.com - 0 | 956 | 956 | 11 | 21 | 43 | 30 |

|bu-ether13.tustca4200w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com - 0 | 957 | 957 | 24 | 31 | 160 | 26 |

| 66.109.5.225 - 0 | 956 | 956 | 24 | 30 | 55 | 33 |

| 0.ae4.pr1.dca10.tbone.rr.com - 0 | 955 | 955 | 24 | 33 | 115 | 26 |

| 104.19.185.16 - 0 | 956 | 956 | 24 | 30 | 46 | 26 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Last edited by Br00ksy on Jul 4, 2020, 7:56:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info