[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

Would it be better to have a 6L chest or a 5L with +1 spectre on it? If so which support should I go without on my chest?
I am a bit new in the game sorry if my question is stupid.If i replace the second wand with shield what i will lose
so i'm in t15 maps doing well! replaced the slave drivers with scinteel synthetes which are great and still lightning, but now i'm feeling squishy in certain boss fights. i really need to get that last trial so i can get the 4th lab (bone armour etc). seriously considering swapping my second wand for a shield though (i'm on xbox and those +2 wands are mega expensive). thanks for the build!
"
gramuf wrote:
so i'm in t15 maps doing well! replaced the slave drivers with scinteel synthetes which are great and still lightning, but now i'm feeling squishy in certain boss fights. i really need to get that last trial so i can get the 4th lab (bone armour etc). seriously considering swapping my second wand for a shield though (i'm on xbox and those +2 wands are mega expensive). thanks for the build!

Glad you doing so well.

Remember, this build was never designed to dominate the endgame, but to be a SUPER cheap way to get to the endgame.

If you feel you need more defense, a shield with spell block and even more life on block would be helpful, you can even get one with +1 to int gems, at an absurd price.
"
alabdrab wrote:
I am a bit new in the game sorry if my question is stupid.If i replace the second wand with shield what i will lose

Shields have more defensive mods and less offensive mods than wands.

With the right shield you can gain a lot of defense at the cost of some dps.

Shields can have spell block mods, that could raise your spell block to 75%.
They can have life on block also, not to mention life and resists.

Spirit shields can have +1 int gem mods on them, to help with offense, but they are very expensive.
"
I can't see how you got 8% spell block from the tree.

There are two nodes right above the witch start that give spell block.
The notable is called Mystic Bulwark
"
ktuntied2 wrote:
May I ask what's the point of having spell echo linked to the spectres? In the guide it says to take it out before casting so it doesn't select the wrong corpse. Is there another function of the gem that I'm missing?

The Slave Drivers are spell casters.
Spell echo gives a huge MORE cast speed for them.

If you use different spectres, you may need different supports.
"
Oomby wrote:
I started using scinteel synthete spectres and I love them so much. They haven't died from anything since I've made the switch. They are so amazingly tanky and their damage is about the same as the slave drivers.

Slave Drivers are NOT the best dps spectre.
I do belive they are the best dps spectre you can get while leveing thru the campaign.
Their big drawback is that they are a bit squishy, and can die to the hardest conttent in the game.

If you keep with this build to the hardest endgame bosses, I would recommend trying a different spectre, scinteel synthete and redemption sentries are both popular choices.

Obviously, if one changes spectres, one may need to change the support gems, the colors on the triad gloves, the auras you use, the curse.

"
Odif wrote:
Glad you doing so well.

Remember, this build was never designed to dominate the endgame, but to be a SUPER cheap way to get to the endgame.

If you feel you need more defense, a shield with spell block and even more life on block would be helpful, you can even get one with +1 to int gems, at an absurd price.

Ok so I did the final labyrinth this morning and I'm going to try Sirus for the first time tonight at Awakening level 5 still with 2 wands but I now have a +1 spectre 6l chest and a decent +1 spectre gem pair of boots. I'll report back!
bah couldn't beat Sirus, got to phase 2 and then wasn't sure what happens next since I'd never fought him before. oh well, i'll get him next time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info