[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

I have made a build very similar to this as my starter and one item I think you set aside in the last thread was Doryani's Prototype.

I have just switched up my gear to accommodate the armor as a test and it is a FANTASTIC upgrade in damage to transition to once you get a little currency rolling while still being pretty cheap.

Id recommend at least giving it a shot to see how it feels to you. The only downside is a weakness to big lightning hits (which we want to avoid anyway) and needing specific resists on gear. You dont even notice while mapping with 10k armor since armor is great against tiny hits you get in maps.

And since I forgot how to link my jewels there is one thread of hope with -20 all res as well.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Jun 26, 2020, 3:20:23 AM
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
I have made a build very similar to this as my starter and one item I think you set aside in the last thread was Doryani's Prototype.

Ya, if you can build around it, you could get absurd negative resists in nearby enemies.

I worry about staying alive vs lightning damage, but if you can make it work, great!
Playing this build as my first serious char I've played in PoE and it's been awesome so far. Thanks for the guide!

Also is there a specific reason for Armageddon brand and not Storm Brand?
Last edited by Marvison on Jun 27, 2020, 4:24:10 AM
Can you post images of the items you describe with appropriate socketed gems? Would be very helpful for a quick reference. :)
"
Marvison wrote:
Playing this build as my first serious char I've played in PoE and it's been awesome so far. Thanks for the guide!

Also is there a specific reason for Armageddon brand and not Storm Brand?

Yes, we have Elemental Equilibrium which changes the resistance of any monster you hit with elemental damage (fire damage, lightning damage and cold damage), increasing resistance to the element you hit with by 25% but reducing other elemental resistances by 50%.

All the minion damage is converted to lightning (gloves)so we don't want to hit them with a lighting attack (Storm Brand). Armageddon is fire, so it works with this setup. This is also why it is critical not to get any lightning added damage on your gear (like wands).
"
wookiejerky wrote:
Can you post images of the items you describe with appropriate socketed gems? Would be very helpful for a quick reference. :)

Here is my current gear, level 89.

I think the next upgrade i need is a +1 intelligence gems amulet.
Then I can annoint it, and spec out of Death Attunement.
Last edited by Odif on Jun 27, 2020, 6:16:25 PM
What pantheon major/minor are you rolling with?

Edit: Does the socket order matter for the helm? for example could I use a
R-R-B-R or will that mess up the support gems?
Last edited by SquadleaderJoey on Jun 28, 2020, 1:57:15 AM
"
What pantheon major/minor are you rolling with?

Edit: Does the socket order matter for the helm? for example could I use a
R-R-B-R or will that mess up the support gems?

I switch panteons around a lot, whatever seems good at the time.

Order of sockets does not matter except for triggered skills, which the helm does not have.

But colors do matter, you want 3r/b for the helm, zombies (b), Multistrike (r), Elemental attack (r), and fortify (r).

"
Odif wrote:

But colors do matter, you want 3r/b for the helm, zombies (b), Multistrike (r), Elemental attack (r), and fortify (r).

2b/2r if you are using Animated Guardian with Kingmaker (which gives nearby allies fortify) so you can support zombies with some minion speed, minion damage or whatever you want ;)

I also like to swap multistrike to melee splash for clearing (and use multistrike for bosses).
I'm doing something like this, animated guardian linked with stone golem, elemental army and feeding frenzy in a +2 helmet seems to be the best utility for the build.

If using zombies I think it synergises well with jewels with minions taunt/ blind on hit.Minions hinder with spells jewels should work well with slave drivers and solar guards but not with Redemption sentries.

My biggest beef with slave drivers is that they don't have that much range and this forces you to get closer to mobs, a problem that sentries/ solar guards don't have.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info