[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

"
Tehep wrote:
I think you removed the suggested pantheons.
Currently I am planning to use this as my starter in 3.13. ;)

Thank you for the feedback.
I added a short Pantheon section.

Glad you are going to run this for 3.13.

Please post in the thread as you progress.
I am curious how it goes for you.
(And for anybody else who uses this guide in 3.13.)
Ok
I just did a major overhaul of the Leveling Tips for Newbies section.

Added a lot of stuff, and organized it better with spoilers.

I will do even more for the leveling tips prior to 3.13 launch, as I am committed to making this a top tier newbie friendly build guide.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 6, 2021, 2:47:57 PM
Hi Odif,

I like the way you're currently updating the guide. Your tips will definitively help lots of new and not so new players.

I'm going to give your build a fair try and see how far I can go with it. I must say that I've been searching for low currency build for about 1 year or so but I've never seen anything that was actually low currency like I saw when I played 5-6 years ago for 1 year (20-100 chaos builds).

While waiting for the league I'll practice my league starting, learn the build, learn where to buy gems etc... such that I can be ready for January 15th.

I'm also going to check neversink filter and see if it could be possible to make a filter to highlight well the necessary gems and equipments we may need for this character. I'm not entirely aware of filters limitations but if I manage to do something good I'll share it here.

Thanks for the build
"
TitCriss wrote:
Hi Odif,

I like the way you're currently updating the guide. Your tips will definitively help lots of new and not so new players.

I'm going to give your build a fair try and see how far I can go with it. I must say that I've been searching for low currency build for about 1 year or so but I've never seen anything that was actually low currency like I saw when I played 5-6 years ago for 1 year (20-100 chaos builds).

While waiting for the league I'll practice my league starting, learn the build, learn where to buy gems etc... such that I can be ready for January 15th.

I'm also going to check neversink filter and see if it could be possible to make a filter to highlight well the necessary gems and equipments we may need for this character. I'm not entirely aware of filters limitations but if I manage to do something good I'll share it here.

Thanks for the build

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I plan on improving, adding to, and refining the "General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies" section in the next week.

I really REALLY believe there is a big need for this sort of thing.
Due to new content being added to the main game almost every league, over the years, it has become overwhelming for new players.

I hope you enjoy playing my build.
I am not sure you need to practice, its a crazy easy to play build, designed that way.

Just know that experienced players may find this build too "slow", those players who are used to pressing one button and deleting a whole screen of monsters.

But, on the other hand, this build guide REALLY is low currency. It's insane how far you can go with it, with minimal currency.

The testimonial section shows several newbie players who used this guide to go far far further into the endgame than they ever had before.

Due to real life stuff, I will not be starting 3.13 until 2 or 3 weeks into the league, but when i do start 3.13, I plan on testing just how far I can go with just the "basic gear".
Other times I have league started with this build, I upgraded as I went along, this time I will stop upgrading after I get the basic gear.

As far as loot filters, I would recommend going to
https://filterblade.xyz/
This is Neversinks website, and it has full customization abilities.
I am not sure it's worth the time, as Neversink's off the shelf filter works just fine for me.
But like anything else, there is always room for improvement.
Just know that you should probably wait until after Neversink updates the filter for 3.13 changes, as anything you do now will be obsolete in 3.13.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 6, 2021, 9:27:27 PM
Ok,
I watched the 3.13 videos, and added some stuff in the guide based on what I saw.

Also,

I made various small changes, and some big formatting changes to make it easier to read.

I did change the support gems for Spectres when placed in the Helmet.

What do you all think of 3.13 for this build?

I think this build is going to be AMAZING for 10 boss fights and Ritual circle fights.
Vaal Summon Skeleton FOR THE WIN!
Hi Odif,

I was already working on plans to start off 3.13 with this build, and to use it to min-max the build once endgame begins. I've been studying minion builds in general and successfully created a very low budget secondary build, and I'm doing 5 spectres (great minion helmet +3 to level of socketed minion gems, and +2 levels from the Necromancer's Ascendancy) -- that got raise spectre to level 25, breaking the barrier, but I found a cheaper way to achieve the same thing. Use a +1 to socketed skills in a rare chest, and add a level 3 empower to lift the level 21 raise spectre up to 25.

As I already mentioned, I've been focusing on minion builds only, same as you, but I'm much earlier in my journey. So I have more questions for you if you are looking for more material for the website if you are interested.

The obvious question for me in a big way for this huge game is drawing a line of min-maxing to truly maximize the build from where it is to the limits of the game. I'm talking every mod, synergistic sub-build areas to focus on. I'm looking for both optimized tankiness and dps. I've enjoyed the meta golem build as my through and capable introduction to the endgame. For the first time since I started playing a few years ago.

And so now I'm just considering one piece to min-max as a project during 3.13. My grinding goals, my crafting abilities needed, my every goal to accomplish the project, but as a solo player. The minion helmet. A rare bone helmet, with as many crafted minion support explicit mods, and yet more additional prefix/suffix mods (+enchants). You know, a 100 ex helmet. I think some of those mods have gone with harvest, I'm glad harvest is back in 3.13.

So I'm thinking Elementalist for carrion meta, and Necromancer otherwise.

What do you think? What more would you like from me to help you meet your goals?

Regards,

Mateo Ace
Last edited by MateoAce on Jan 7, 2021, 8:20:48 PM
Odif,

One of the min-max mods I've recently come aware of is a +1 to maximum number of spectres can be crafted onto a rare hunter chest. The item level is 83.

I don't see this as a hunter mod on Craft of Exile, but it is in the Delve section as a Tier 1 craft. What gives?

Please advise if you want me to keep going with questions or knowledge -- I will contribute what I can.

Regards,

Mateo Ace
Last edited by MateoAce on Jan 7, 2021, 8:41:09 PM
"
MateoAce wrote:
Odif,

One of the min-max mods I've recently come aware of is a +1 to maximum number of spectres can be crafted onto a rare hunter chest. The item level is 83.

I don't see this as a hunter mod on Craft of Exile, but it is in the Delve section as a Tier 1 craft. What gives?

Please advise if you want me to keep going with questions or knowledge -- I will contribute what I can.

Regards,

Mateo Ace

If you are in standard, you are seeing legacy gear.

Several patches ago, it was possible to get +1 number of spectres on a chest on non delve gear.

Currently, it can only be dropped in Delve, and cannot be crafted.

Thank you for your interest in this build.
"
MateoAce wrote:
Hi Odif,

So I'm thinking Elementalist for carrion meta, and Necromancer otherwise.

What do you think? What more would you like from me to help you meet your goals?

Regards,

Mateo Ace

GGG did a partial reveal of some 3.13 stuff today.
In it, they showed an Elementalist Ascendancy tree that had a BIG damage nerf to golems.
(They lost the "20% increased golem damage for each golem summoned.)

I used to run a 11 golem elementalist, thats a loss of 220% increased golem damage.

Unless something else comes out to compensate for that, avoid elementalist, go Necromancer.

Plus, Golems are not a great league starter.
You CAN league start with golems, but I do not recommend it for a newbie, as golem builds need expensive unique golem jewels, and newbies usually struggle to earn currency, compared to experienced players.
P.S.
Mateo Ace

This build guide is really not about investing hundreds of exaults to see how far it can go.

Honestly, if you have hundreds of exaults, there are better builds out there, like pure spectre with expensive cluster jewels.

I am glad you are excited about min/maxing, and I look forward to read about how insanely powerful you can become with this build as a starting point, but I am going to focus on cheap and simple.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info