[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

"
pr13st wrote:
I'm doing something like this, animated guardian linked with stone golem, elemental army and feeding frenzy in a +2 helmet seems to be the best utility for the build.

With Animated Guardian i would not risk it with feeding frenzy. Especially if you have expensive equipment for him. I would use golem + AG as buffers only and swap feeding frenzy for minion life (to be sure that AG survives).

I'v played 2 or 3 leagues ago with zombies and some curses as auras. Having Temporal Chains and Blind as aura on you worked great for defense :) Zombies on aggro mode with feeding frenzy, melee splash (switched for multistrike for bossing).

When i get to lvl90 with current build i will try to incorporate some curses to hinder the mobs around.
This build is designed to be super league starter friendly, newbie friendly, able to get you deep into red maps with minimal investment.

There are better minion builds for doing super hard end game content.

There are better spectres than Slave Drivers.

After you get some currency banked, have filled out yoru atlas, are deep into red maps....

Feel free to respec into some other version of Necro, or into other spectres.
Ok, i paid for an ammy with +1 all intelligence skill gems.

It needs crafting via Harvest, so its meh now, but could get good with some luck.

I annointed it with Death Attunement, so I can respec out of it on the tree.

Is there way you can post a PoB with endgame with spectres. Lets say if we have about 30 exalts to dump in the build what would you do.

Btw I love the build I have done Awakener 6 so far and tier 16's are a joke.
disregard this
Last edited by Alcsaar on Jul 1, 2020, 8:31:17 PM
"
GarryB wrote:
Is there way you can post a PoB with endgame with spectres. Lets say if we have about 30 exalts to dump in the build what would you do.

Btw I love the build I have done Awakener 6 so far and tier 16's are a joke.

I am not proficient enough with PoB to do that.

I did put a section in the build guide on what to do if you are rich.

Wands with +1 all gems, +1 minion gems and minion mods...
(one wand with "cast socketed spells when you use a skill")

Chest with +1 spectre, +1 gems corruption

Boots with +1 all spectre gems

Amulet with +1 int gems

Helm with +3 minion gems, socketed gems supported by level 20 minion damage, nearby enemies have -% to ele resist.

P.S.
Thanks for the feedback on how easy it is to do "hard" content with this build, its amazing how far you can get with so little investment.

I play slow, not many hours a day, I am still in yellow maps.

So its good getting feedback from peeps who have gone farther.
Last edited by Odif on Jul 1, 2020, 11:01:51 PM
Speaking of feedback.
If any of you have gone very deep into endgame with this build, I am curious how the Slave Drivers have survived.

One of the drawbacks to slave drivers, is they do not have as much life as other spectres and I worry they might die on hard content.

I have worked out a version of this build with 4 green socket triad gloves using Redemption Sentries, which i think have a 400% life mod, and are nearly invincible.

This version is very socket starved, as some of the green sockets in the gloves have to be left empty, as the build does not need 4 green gems.
So, curse on hit, and the curse have to be given up, and instead a ring with frostbite on hit, or glove corruption with elemental weakness on hit have to be used, more expensive, and not as high a curse level, and another unset ring is needed.
Are you changing any other gems as well when you tried Redemption Spectres?
"
Odif wrote:
Speaking of feedback.
If any of you have gone very deep into endgame with this build, I am curious how the Slave Drivers have survived.

One of the drawbacks to slave drivers, is they do not have as much life as other spectres and I worry they might die on hard content.

I have worked out a version of this build with 4 green socket triad gloves using Redemption Sentries, which i think have a 400% life mod, and are nearly invincible.

This version is very socket starved, as some of the green sockets in the gloves have to be left empty, as the build does not need 4 green gems.
So, curse on hit, and the curse have to be given up, and instead a ring with frostbite on hit, or glove corruption with elemental weakness on hit have to be used, more expensive, and not as high a curse level, and another unset ring is needed.

Second toon, level 76, dying in juiced T15+ AL5/6, Redeemer took down my poor AG and Specters but I avenged them.

Other than that, my specters die in corrupted/unid maps which I can only guess it was due to ele-reflect

I have yet to fight Sirus with this one

I hope to go to 90 and complete my atlas with this toon with a bit of currency (still on tabula, a +1 minion helm, and a +1 specter/minion wand)
I am still on your older skellie build, which I prefer over zombies.
Minion speed is king. The biggest problems with skellies was never dps, but time on target, or how long it takes a skellie to travel to a mob to do damage. Dash (feeding frenzy) and minion movement speed on jewelry and wands, can push this up to over 100% (greater than the increased minion move speed on a queens decree).
Just a QOL tip for those still doing the skellies over zombie version.

I still use zombies, but just on a one link as extra meat shield for projectile blocking (which most minion builds suffer from that do not invest in block). I am up to tier 8 maps, and haven't had one die yet, even without links.

Overall thank you for the ideas for electric skellies, as pushing brutality and impale in a minion build was getting old the last 3 leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info