[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:

The past week or so the minor tweaks and changes have increased my DPS from 15M to 25M Sirus DPS (no vaal skills). Mapping DPS is just under 40M, and map bosses and guardians nearly get one shotted. That is not including any AG buffs. Heists are really easy, Vox twins lasted about 10-15 seconds. I think my phase run setup helps with the heists. It's a waste of 3 gems slots, but constant phase run is a QL for me.

I have no problems when dealing with bosses and single targets in general. But when it comes to clear speed I struggle. Specialy in simulacrums, it feels like I am dragging along my minions and they cant clear properly the monsters.
Should I change my golem hammer for the iron cold dagger?
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
"
hlp811 wrote:
"
Turbo32 wrote:
Ok I see where the problem is, the tankiness of the version you playing heavily depends on a high ES.
Higher es pool means more regen when you have more replenishing notables.
Also I see you have purity of lightning in the boots, so I'm sure you don't have alt quality version of that gem. That alone means you are missing out on shock immunity which makes you take 50% more dmg.
And if your not ignite immune either your and your minions will die a lot.

Also an AG with the garb will stop crits or alternatively can get a watchers eye which makes you take less crit dmg.
Also I'm not sure which video you saw that had a witch with very low 5k ES and tanked the world, but I agree that shouldn't be possible unless he is using
Mistress of sacrifice ascendancy with bone offering.
Or anomalous dread banner with the quality nearby enemies deal % less dmg, super boosted by at least a lvl6 enhance.

https://youtu.be/nzYor7j3TGs

This is the video of my older build using the anomalous dread banner with a witch being able to do that with about 5.3k es. the POB will be under the video description if you're interested in the gem setup.

I thought the whole reason you can get away with just 4K ES is because of all the innate damage reduction we have. The 90% elemental and physical reduction, I.e. if we get hit for 10k then we only take 1k damage. Additionally because of our ES regen we regenerate our ES swiftly back to full.

Normally yes that is the case, but it is true you can still get one shotted with less than 5k es when you're in a 100% deli map with crazy mods.
Honestly the first time when hemz and I tested CI in a 100% T15 double beyond we were fine...
But I dunno how this spacecom guy was making the build.

Hemz even showed a video of him with about only 6k es and he did Uber elder with no flasks equipped.
He even facetanked the sirus A8 meteor.
But I guess it wasn't enough proof for him cause you know.. unedited full videos could have just been a video that got lucky in that one fight.
And I feel like I've wasted my time giving him all the explinations and all the POBs for him to know how to improve the build and he just reverted back and goes back to complaining how his build isn't doing enough and wants to improve.
Honestly the LL version is not bad too but pushing it to like maybe 60% deli or 80% was the max for it, it couldn't even afk facetank most content.
And the main weakness of the golem was always clear speed and people tried to improve this with these options
1. Divergent melee splash
2. Punishment curse
3. Overwhelmingly high DPS
Last edited by Turbo32 on Dec 6, 2020, 9:50:27 PM
"
Spacecom wrote:

I have no problems when dealing with bosses and single targets in general. But when it comes to clear speed I struggle. Specialy in simulacrums, it feels like I am dragging along my minions and they cant clear properly the monsters.

That's not easy to answer, I would guess that clear speed boils down to two things: 1) movement speed, it's hard to clear fast if your slow, and 2) DPS, too low and the golems won't kill enough mobs leaving too many alive before they teleport to you.

A Cold Iron Point may give you more overall DPS, as it did me according to PoB (fork). You lose a golem so you have to see of the gain in overall DPS is still there with one less golem. One additional bonus of the Cold Point is the +3 levels to AG, depending on how well equipped yours is, it can help keep him (or her) alive. There are also some benefits to have more golems, like if one dies and 5 likely clear faster than 4. It's all personal preference.

Again, a constant phase run setup really helps, it's a good speed buff along with phasing. You only lose it if you cast a spell, and for clearing I don't cast except for Signal Prey on rares which is instant. I even ditched my Vulnerability self cast for a pair of curse on hit gloves for the AG since I was only using it on bosses. My clear speed isn't crazy fast, if I get a speed boost from HH, golems start to teleport and miss mobs. I also suck and steering with 300+% move speed, it's fun but I laugh at how bad I drive.

Deliriums are a whole other issue. Many mobs have slowing effects. This guy explained it better than I can:

Spoiler

There's 3 different things going on.

1) The fog has patches of slowing terrain. That's the puddles with arms that I for one didn't know existed because I can't see much through the fog. Now that I know to look for something, I've found and successfully avoided these on occasion.
2) Some monsters apply Temporal Anomaly, which is turbo tempchains and it stacks, so it can stop you dead. It has an icon - a pink clock
3) Much of the shit in delirium fogs does cold damage, chilling you; and phys, maiming you; and the black-and-grey ball splosions have an 80% chance to stun. All but stun have icons. Stuns have a small flash over your head which is easy to miss in the fog or in battle. It's not like some games where if you're stunned, big yellow tweety-birds and blue stars circle your comically-wobbling head.

Only one of these things falls in a category you can deal with using flasks.

You can also try going with Ralakesh (no maim) + Brine King (less freeze/stun)

At the end of the day though, you will not be able to simply ignore it unless you go Jugg Unstoppable or Kaoms Roots, or for the well-appointed summoner, AG wearing Ephemeral Garb. I highly recommend not being 100% dependent on your AG for movespeed mitigation. If he's even a tiny bit caught on the terrain, you can and will get ganked. Not even cyclone-cwc-Convocation will save you if you can't cwc cause you're locked in carbonite.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2802091/page/1#p23007569

For me, the slow downs make the deliriums harder than the mobs. It feels like I just can't move and most of my defense is moving fast. The Lab speed farmers figured out that if you move fast enough, nothing can really hit you.

This is all just my $0.02, so take it with some salt.

That being said, looking at your profile and gear, my thoughts:

-I'm not sure that rare jewel with taunt is giving you that much.
-Do you need clarity, I was thinking most people used that for watchers eye buffs? DPS gains from Commander of Darkness extra aura is less than 2%.
-Curse on hit gloves for AG would free up Vulnerability, but self cast is probably stronger and less random.
-Helm with RMR would help open more options.
-If your move speed is slow try to work in the Phase run, I think if you spend for an Enlighten 4, and alt quality Phase Run you can do it with two gems. I have Heat on another flask and extra speed on the Quicksilver, that's another 30% MS. A risk I am willing to take (why I don't play in HC). So Phase Run (+3 from Cold Iron Point, 41% MS) and Adrenalin QS flask (extra 29% MS) is 70% extra MS, feels good.
-Looks like your purity of lightning is not at lv23, that will help with defenses. One streamer mentioned that elemental resistance was not linear. I'm not sure if it's true, but it may explain why getting over 75% makes such a difference.
-Jewels in your belt look like they could use some improvement. I would use those to round out any weakness.
-The second Vivinsect may be overkill since your purity is already at lv21. A +2 ring would get you lv23 and some strength on it my clear up a passive. It probably provides good regen?
-Try to get chaos res on your cluster if not at 75%, they likely only a bit more than the ones you have. I was able to sell my old ones with minimal loss.
-make sure your aura effect is 300%, this makes a big difference.
-Doryani's boots frees up a gem and provides 90% resistance, at a price.
-Unnatural calm wheel, damn I missed that, thanks.

Remember, you can always take exalts back to standard, but what fun is that. As long as your a buying gear for a META or near META build, you can always sell it if it doesn't work.

I hope maybe something in this wall of text helped your planning. It was fun and I caught some stuff lacking in my stuff. If not, at least it's free advice =)

Cheers

Last edited by _BADKARMA_ on Dec 6, 2020, 9:20:32 PM
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
"
Turbo32 wrote:
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:

TLDR: Any advice on upgrades and CI would be appreciated.

Going CI will make it an always non ending investment to the build because you always will have something you can upgrade.
We have a witch golem over 300m sDPS on 4 golems that can clear his 100% delirium alvas with double beyond mods.
So that's kinda a bit on what you can achieve without buying single items that costs over 200ex.

I'm not sure how long or often you've been following the thread, but there are a few things which you could upgrade that was repeatedly being mentioned by Lisann and others maybe you can click on his profile and look through his recent posts and find some.

But the most obvious upgrade I see is your boots and that hungry loop you're working on.

Thanks for the reply. I got the Hungry Loop finished, not sure what the best support gems are so I used Minion Life, Meat Shield, Empower, and Feeding Frenzy. Zombies seem to die more than anything else, and hopefully MS taunt will help me. Seems like there were a lot of options for that ring, which is nice but confusing.

I also picked up some Doryani's Delusion boots. Expensive, but I figured it would be used if I go CI, and it freed up a gem slot.

I am not sure why the Alternate quality Purity of Lightning is recommended for shock "immunity". I am sure I am missing something, but the gem only seems to provide 20% chance to avoid being shocked. Either way, going with the Doryani's seemed to remove that option.

I have yet to figure out how to move my AG around to get one more level (4 spectres). Having it with Blood magic seems to complicate moving it away from the other two auras.

Basically every thing is fitting together like a swiss watch. I move one thing and lose life or mana for an aura.

Thanks again for the input and I will keep on tinkering with going CI.

Divergent clarity works with golems, I proved this in the CI thread on page 78 in case you want to know how.

No need blood magic linked to the spectres cause your clarity will be plenty.
And you're being tied down by the idea that you must have extra spectre and zombies. Thier job is only to boost your golem and 10 non golem minions is the max boost they can get.

Immunity is achieved with also an anomaolus grace and an enhance gem.
So if you have 300% aura effect.
Anomalous grace gives 10%*3=30%
Anomalous purity gives 20%*3=60%
So that's a total of 90%.
Linking either one of these to an enhance you break 100%=immunity

As you improve the build with higher %aura effects you will be able to achieve immunity with different gem setups.

334%= you won't need enhance linked to Anomalous purities or Anomalous grace to reach elemental ailement immunity.

454%= you can link just enhance to Anomalous grace to achieve all elemental ailement immunity.

Also if you dont have divergent determination with grace it's better to link the zombies to more defensive gems in the hungry loop.

Also if you plan to go CI you should try get a pair of ES based doryanis with purity of ice cause your alphas howl will cover for the freeze.

The reason to why you see most of them are with purity of lightning is cause people want the ES base but doesn't know which lever to pull so they all pull the blue one for everything to make sure it's ES based. To understand how it's made you may look at this wiki link
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Machinarium

Giving your AG curse on hit and the a wind scream boot allows a +1 curse to your setup. You can self cast another curse.
Last edited by Turbo32 on Dec 6, 2020, 10:01:41 PM
Hi guys how you all doing.

Question for you in the guide section,
"Item Purchase Order. Early leveling to Endgame Min/Maxing"

It mentions 3 Watcher's Eyes watchstones, what are they for I dont see anywhere to place them on the passives unless im missing something.

Thanks
Anyone else running this in mayhem? It's kinda hard to get gear but im 92lvl atm. Charisma annoint was 520c :D
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
Spoiler
"
Spacecom wrote:

That's not easy to answer, I would guess that clear speed boils down to two things: 1) movement speed, it's hard to clear fast if your slow, and 2) DPS, too low and the golems won't kill enough mobs leaving too many alive before they teleport to you.

A Cold Iron Point may give you more overall DPS, as it did me according to PoB (fork). You lose a golem so you have to see of the gain in overall DPS is still there with one less golem. One additional bonus of the Cold Point is the +3 levels to AG, depending on how well equipped yours is, it can help keep him (or her) alive. There are also some benefits to have more golems, like if one dies and 5 likely clear faster than 4. It's all personal preference.

Again, a constant phase run setup really helps, it's a good speed buff along with phasing. You only lose it if you cast a spell, and for clearing I don't cast except for Signal Prey on rares which is instant. I even ditched my Vulnerability self cast for a pair of curse on hit gloves for the AG since I was only using it on bosses. My clear speed isn't crazy fast, if I get a speed boost from HH, golems start to teleport and miss mobs. I also suck and steering with 300+% move speed, it's fun but I laugh at how bad I drive.

Deliriums are a whole other issue. Many mobs have slowing effects. This guy explained it better than I can:

Spoiler

There's 3 different things going on.

1) The fog has patches of slowing terrain. That's the puddles with arms that I for one didn't know existed because I can't see much through the fog. Now that I know to look for something, I've found and successfully avoided these on occasion.
2) Some monsters apply Temporal Anomaly, which is turbo tempchains and it stacks, so it can stop you dead. It has an icon - a pink clock
3) Much of the shit in delirium fogs does cold damage, chilling you; and phys, maiming you; and the black-and-grey ball splosions have an 80% chance to stun. All but stun have icons. Stuns have a small flash over your head which is easy to miss in the fog or in battle. It's not like some games where if you're stunned, big yellow tweety-birds and blue stars circle your comically-wobbling head.

Only one of these things falls in a category you can deal with using flasks.

You can also try going with Ralakesh (no maim) + Brine King (less freeze/stun)

At the end of the day though, you will not be able to simply ignore it unless you go Jugg Unstoppable or Kaoms Roots, or for the well-appointed summoner, AG wearing Ephemeral Garb. I highly recommend not being 100% dependent on your AG for movespeed mitigation. If he's even a tiny bit caught on the terrain, you can and will get ganked. Not even cyclone-cwc-Convocation will save you if you can't cwc cause you're locked in carbonite.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2802091/page/1#p23007569

For me, the slow downs make the deliriums harder than the mobs. It feels like I just can't move and most of my defense is moving fast. The Lab speed farmers figured out that if you move fast enough, nothing can really hit you.

This is all just my $0.02, so take it with some salt.

That being said, looking at your profile and gear, my thoughts:

-I'm not sure that rare jewel with taunt is giving you that much.
-Do you need clarity, I was thinking most people used that for watchers eye buffs? DPS gains from Commander of Darkness extra aura is less than 2%.
-Curse on hit gloves for AG would free up Vulnerability, but self cast is probably stronger and less random.
-Helm with RMR would help open more options.
-If your move speed is slow try to work in the Phase run, I think if you spend for an Enlighten 4, and alt quality Phase Run you can do it with two gems. I have Heat on another flask and extra speed on the Quicksilver, that's another 30% MS. A risk I am willing to take (why I don't play in HC). So Phase Run (+3 from Cold Iron Point, 41% MS) and Adrenalin QS flask (extra 29% MS) is 70% extra MS, feels good.
-Looks like your purity of lightning is not at lv23, that will help with defenses. One streamer mentioned that elemental resistance was not linear. I'm not sure if it's true, but it may explain why getting over 75% makes such a difference.
-Jewels in your belt look like they could use some improvement. I would use those to round out any weakness.
-The second Vivinsect may be overkill since your purity is already at lv21. A +2 ring would get you lv23 and some strength on it my clear up a passive. It probably provides good regen?
-Try to get chaos res on your cluster if not at 75%, they likely only a bit more than the ones you have. I was able to sell my old ones with minimal loss.
-make sure your aura effect is 300%, this makes a big difference.
-Doryani's boots frees up a gem and provides 90% resistance, at a price.
-Unnatural calm wheel, damn I missed that, thanks.

Remember, you can always take exalts back to standard, but what fun is that. As long as your a buying gear for a META or near META build, you can always sell it if it doesn't work.

I hope maybe something in this wall of text helped your planning. It was fun and I caught some stuff lacking in my stuff. If not, at least it's free advice =)

Cheers

All these really helpful. I really like the +2 level/energy shield/strenght/chaos res ring solution very good. But I was thinking more of an answer like "get awakened melee splash" to adress the clear speed problem.
i have a question about Dread Banner with this setup guys..
i don't see the Dread banner aura icon on top left or even the stages when my golems implae monsters!!
on my other cyclone build it's always up there and counts the stages..
is ther's something wrong?!
i have Dread Banner on my boots linked to Generosity Supp..
i hve impale support linked to carrion golems on chest..
also have Rotten claw on my cluster..
need help plz
Hi! Im having trouble with my spectres. After linking empower (lvl3) I cannot cast it due to low life. Any fix?

Empower - Raise Spectres - Vitality - Blood Magic

Im shorty about 8 life lol

Okay fixed it lol. I just turned off vit first then capture specs. Haha
Last edited by jcgonzales on Dec 7, 2020, 10:40:32 AM
"
Conqueror182 wrote:
i have a question about Dread Banner with this setup guys..
i don't see the Dread banner aura icon on top left or even the stages when my golems implae monsters!!
on my other cyclone build it's always up there and counts the stages..
is ther's something wrong?!
i have Dread Banner on my boots linked to Generosity Supp..
i hve impale support linked to carrion golems on chest..
also have Rotten claw on my cluster..
need help plz

You only see icons of buffs/debuffs/auras/curses/effects from ground/statuses etc affecting your character. Things that do not affect him, although existing around, do not show up. Your banner doesn't show up because you have it linked with generosity, that means it only applies to your minions and other players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info