[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

This build looks amazing and more affordable than a zombie build is to get going.
Some questions before switching from ed char.
1: how good is leveling with this build? (lvl 41)
2: Solaris lorica 5l is good or its mandatory to go for 6l?

"
Kross0m wrote:
Some questions before switching from ed char.
1: how good is leveling with this build? (lvl 41)
2: Solaris lorica 5l is good or its mandatory to go for 6l?

I am leveling as this build. As 2nd character so just enough money for some lvling uniques. Once i hit 41 i changed to the golems they feel good. A little slow moving around as i am only running two auras currently.

Pretty sure solaris is madatory if you want to do LL before shavs otherwise youll just die
Hey WaffleT.

What spectres and such are you useing ? please let me know im curious cause this build looks nice

"
WaffleT wrote:

Build
I decided to start off Harvest league with an aura stacking necromancer as its something that can clear the atlas with budget gear and then upgrade into endgame content and I have to say it was my smoothest league starter and fastest Awakening 8 Sirus kill

My focus was on aura effect. Seed crafting makes it easy to hit simple cluster jewel combinations so with self seed crafting and no herald shenanigans its easy to hit 200% effect which gives 90% elemental resistances and very healthy minion damage

Defence
My character has
- 7,700 ES
- 14.5% ES regen per second
- 90% Fire/Cold resistance, 88% lightning resistance
- 10% Reduced Physical Damage Taken (Bone Barrier)
- 46% Chance to Avoid Attacks (86% flasked & blinded)
- 10% Reduced damage taken (Jinxed Juju)

Damage
My pob has the Carrion Golems at
2,161,646 x 5 = 10,808,230 DPS

This is based on the calculation from the 133% attack speed multiplier on their combo attack which they almost exclusively use on single targets.

Most things tends to be dead before you can get all 5 golems on a target and pride to its full effect but I do have upgrade room with better crafts on my large cluster jewels and awakened gems.

Videos
Spoiler

Phoenix clearing Map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Vn8bxp-BU

Awakening 8 Sirus
I just finish my atlas and unlocked this. One death, should have dodged the big lazer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUyQt7B_QOM

Gear
Spoiler

Gear Breakdown

Weapon
I stick with clayshaper for +1 golem and 25% better coverage while clearing. Cold Iron point would be something like +15% combined DPS but thats only on paper, it'll feel worse for actual mapping

Shield
Honestly this item is pretty much the core of the build. Enables running an extra 3 auras at low reservation cost which justifies pushing aura effect so high. Cheap too with good other stats

Helmet
Vertex for +1 gems to help keep zombies alive and good evasion + ES. Technically possible to craft better rares but the currency is better spent elsewhere

Chest
Lowlife build so shavs. I completed 90% of the atlas and got to level 93 with a 6-link Solaris lorica for cheap before I upgraded into this one, build is very sustainable without it

Gloves
Only rare item in the build. Needs high ES and high INT along with a free suffix to craft + to all attributes for extra STR and DEX

Boots
Sin Trek for ES, Evasion, DEX and INT. We need all these things.

Amulet
Jinxed Juju has STR, DEX, INT, aura effect, chaos resistance and 10% less damage taken. I continue to be astounded that an item this good is this cheap. make sure the one you get has max aura effect roll

Anointing Charisma has a pricetag on it so in the budget stage you anoint Wisdom of the Glade and travel to get it manually

Rings
Vivisect rings are great for flat ES regen and all attributes plus they boost our discipline and purity up for extra defenses. The unveil could be endurance charge for physical defense, chaos resistance for chaos or +attributes if you are struggling to hit the requirements there

Belt
The contest for this slot was between Crystal belt with max strength, Baited Breath with catalysts and darkness enthroned with good ghastly eyed jewels. After its buff this patch the darkness enthroned wins hands down

Map Mods
Spoiler

This character can run anything except physical reflect.

We are way overcapped on resistances so ele weakness/getting cursed is not a problem and we shrug off most of the "added damage as extra element" mods.

No regen maps are annoying as they make you rely on recharge rate and turn off your shield charge. I only run these if I corrupt a juicy map into it

Porcupines on Vulnerability maps can be dangerous. Watch for that

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Necromancer

Commander of Darkness scales super well with aura stacking/effect and the first pick

Everything else is pretty much just minion damage and life. Both of these things are good.

Bone Barrior's physical damage reduction + life regen is very useful. Also grants us a guard skill without taking a gem slot. Great but its what I pick up last as it doesn't have any damage on it

Elementalist
This ascendency works better with stacking a whole bunch of primordial harmonies and multiple different golem types. Carrion golems don't need as much cooldown recovery as the other golem types and we need global minion defenses to keep our support zombies/spectres alive which elementlist doesn't do

Other
I tried tested scion and guardian in Pob several times as their extra physical damage reduction is nice but they cannot match the necromancer in terms of DPS or more importantly minion life. Your minions do no damage if they are dead and even after giving them 90% resistances they need a very healthy HP supply to survive in endgame content

Flasks
Spoiler

4 defensive flasks and 1 movement speed one

Standard removes bleed and freeze flasks. Third immunity is users choice.

Taste of hate with this much cold resistance is better protection then basalt flask and helps cover the physical weakness

Jewels
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels

I crafted my own cluster jewels using tier 1 seeds. Since they have gotten harder to roll this league its best not to go in thinking "I want these 3 stats on my jewel" and more "I want these 2 stats and then hopefully the third is anything decent"

Pure aptitude Jewel
You'll need 1 of these. Just buy a 1c 6 passive aura jewel ilevel above 68
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/oaG7qOqtl
then use blue lightning seed crafts on it until you get pure aptitude + jewel socket which should happen pretty fast. Then buy another and try to get a 3 stat jewel with aptitude + jewel + Third
My ranking of the best to worst third mod would be this order
- Replenishing Presence
- Small passives has 25% increased effect
- First Among Equals
- All attributes
- Flat ES
- Intelligence
- Strength

Just aura effect Jewel
You will need 3 of these ones. Its better to buy a lower level base here as those ones can't roll a number of the mods we don't want
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/54PwKmJHa

The yellow life mod seed craft is best to craft on this one as it increases the chance of hitting replenishing presence but I just throw any and all of the crafts on it. The two stat version of this jewel is First among equals + Jewel socket or Small passives has 25% increased effect + Jewel socket (with no bad notables removing your aura nodes)

Large Cluster Jewels
Ilevel 75 Minion bases are currently expensive. Start with a cheap non minion base with 8 passives
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/bVkGmGDCL

Throw any random seed crafts on it until you hit +2 jewel sockets and flat ES or any attributes. That'll do fine for pretty much the whole game and you can come back and craft a proper minion jewel when you have plenty of chaos to spare

Abyss Jewels
Ideally flat ES on every one of these.

Blinding minions on one of these is very helpful

Useful slot to pick up needed STR/DEX. Minion Movement speed, Added minion flat physical damage is pretty good too

Primordial jewels
Anima Stone is high priority for any golem build.
I was planning on going 2x harmonies and a primordial might but I kept buying other upgrades first as It just never felt necessary to get might for the 'aggressive' golems. Enough minion movement speed has almost the same practical effect

Path of Building
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/s7KXcqWX
This pastebin assumes you are using the Pob fork that calculates impale, if you do not have this you will need to add "Golems deal 113% More Damage" to simulate my golems 100% chance to impale and increased impale effect

I have added some Carrion Golem workarounds on the amulet.

Gem Selection
Spoiler

Chest

Carrion Golem with pure damage gems. Eventually will replace more of these with awakened versions but its not much difference.

Helm

Support zombies. Provides Maim and feeding frenzy buffs along with keeping 'nearby' golems for their innate damage requirement

Gloves

Support Spectres. 2x Carnage Chieftain for frenzy charges 1x Host chieften for power charges. Need blood magic to spam their charge spell. Blood magic also supporting clarity and purity of lightning to give us enough room for everything

Boots

Dread banner and precision get a nice boost from generosity but more important is giving them +40% increased AOE so it has more coverage. Also spot for our curse. I used Temp chains for most of my playthrough until I hit a white socket to swap back and forth.

Keep precision at level 10 so we have enough mana to curse and shield charge

Weapon

Shield Charge with fortify, good movement skill. Vitality aura gives nice life regen for us and our minions

Shield

Prism Guardian to gives us more auras then normally possible. Corrupting to level 21 haste gives +3% movement speed. Corrupted lvl 21 purity of ice for +3% max cold resistance. Endgame upgrades

Rings

Vivisect rings give +5 to level of aura, this is very good on discipline for extra ES. Putiy of fire gives us +3% fire resistance and we don't need to buy a lvl 21 version for the aura in this ring

Other
There is other things that would be nice to fit in such as flesh offering or enduring cry but everything else kinda needs to be there and I don't want to make cuts

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Brine King for stun avoidance

Soul of Garukhan for movement speed once upgraded

Leveling
Spoiler

Skill
Either mule yourself a smite gem and level as herald of purity + zombies + holy relic or SRS until level 41 when you can duel wield clayshaper. At that point your golems should be able to steamroll everything

The leveling auras will be just Dread banner, Pride and Discipline. You should be able to swap over to running everything at level 68 when you can equip the prism guardian so long as you have picked up all the reservation nodes and the 1 reservation cluster jewel

Gear

Tree
Take Wicked ward early. You will rely on ES recharge until you get a good amount of the ES regen and probably both vivisect rings as their flat regen is really good. Once you have enough regen be sure to unspec Wicked ward as it halves your regen rate

Included some earlier leveling trees in the pob
https://pastebin.com/X3dP5FWg

You'll need to manually travel down to Charisma and keep those nodes until you can afford 2x golden oils for the anoint on the amulet

Possibly Expensive items Upgrade Order (rough guide)
- 5-link Solaris Lorica
- Anima Stone (vendor recipe using 1 of each primordial is usually cheaper)
- 3x Primordial jewels for +1 golem
- 6-link Solaris Lorica
- 2x Golden Oil for Charisma Anoint
- lvl 21 Golem
- lvl 21 Purity of Ice
- Lvl 21 Haste
- 6-link Shavronns Wrappings
- Large Minion Cluster jewels with 8-11 Passives
- Awakened Brutality/Melee Physical damage/Minion Damage

hmm i cant seem to activate all the auras at once i have pretty all the items in the build
"
hmm i cant seem to activate all the auras at once i have pretty all the items in the build

I think you missing the Jewel with Pure Aptitude, Or some of the Aura nodes.
By the way, i'm cruising around endgame maps for fun, Tanky also.
Working fine and quite strong and it's nice if you play with friends with all the Aura buffs you provide.

FYI, the real cost of the build is the Jewels for everyone to know, Expect to spend a few EX on them for endgame, The rest is cheap other than Shav's that you don't really need that much since you have Solaris
Last edited by An4rchy on Jun 25, 2020, 6:49:40 PM
i have to find a place to fit in a dash or flame-dash, shield charge owns, espeically with this attack speed and stuff but man, not being able to jump up ledges is not great
"
ZeMePE wrote:
Hey WaffleT.

What spectres and such are you useing ? please let me know im curious cause this build looks nice

The gems section says 2x Carnage Chieftain 1x Host Chieftain. Pretty standard support spectres.

"
dogofsalt wrote:

You don't have Charisma Anoint. The guide mentions in the item and leveling section that before you anoint it you need to manually travel down to allocate it

"
An4rchy wrote:
By the way, i'm cruising around endgame maps for fun, Tanky also.
Working fine and quite strong and it's nice if you play with friends with all the Aura buffs you provide.

FYI, the real cost of the build is the Jewels for everyone to know, Expect to spend a few EX on them for endgame, The rest is cheap other than Shav's that you don't really need that much since you have Solaris

Yeah its like half an aura bot as well as a solo character. I assume that you were running in a party which is why you are running hatred instead of haste since the brutality golems gain 0 damage from its added cold. I still think that haste would be better though, that 30% movement speed really makes things feel smoother for everyone

The jewels on the market are way overpriced which is why I wrote a guide about crafting your own. Seed crafting gives you a bunch of free 'chaos' equivalents. Craft of exile says that with chaos spam hitting a 3 stat aura effect jewel with replenishing presence should cost an average of 76 chaos
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=146&m=chaos&lv=51&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=3&bp=y&req={%22236%22:{%22l%22:1,%22g%22:2},%22342%22:{%22l%22:1,%22g%22:2},%22437%22:{%22l%22:50,%22g%22:1},%221792%22:{%22l%22:1,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}
But you can hit it much easier if you accept one of the other good third mods instead of replenishing like I've done with my jewels

"
queebl wrote:
i have to find a place to fit in a dash or flame-dash, shield charge owns, espeically with this attack speed and stuff but man, not being able to jump up ledges is not great

You could try leap slam but its worse then shield charge for horizontal movement. I'm used to it now and charge just feel so buttery smooth charging past packs and having them die behind you. Its kinda hard to make gem cuts in this build, its pretty packed full
I love the build! It's quite good. One question though: I've got a 6L Solaris Lorica, and can afford a non 6L Shav. Is a 5L Shav worth replacing my 6L Solaris with, just for the extra ~1000 ES essentially? If so, what gem would I drop from the 6L?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info