[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

It is true that Idont have the alternative gems but I do have a lvl98 juggernaut with 80% fire/light/ice/chaos resistances, freeze/stun immune, 90% physican reduction, 7.500 life , life leech and life gained on hit on top of almost 10k armour and super buffed perma fortify and still gets 1-shoted from time to time. So unless I am missing something more than alternative gems just 4-5k es with 2k es regeneration wont cut. The videos are true yes, but I can edit whatever I like in a video, I mean I can hide the 10 times I died and only post the 1 I didnt. Anyway the build seems awesome that's why I wanted to make it. But still something doesnt add up. I just dont feel safe with 4k ES. My 8.4k ES and almost 0 physical reduction feels and is, by map proof, far safer.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
"
Spacecom wrote:
It is true that Idont have the alternative gems but I do have a lvl98 juggernaut with 80% fire/light/ice/chaos resistances, freeze/stun immune, 90% physican reduction, 7.500 life , life leech and life gained on hit on top of almost 10k armour and super buffed perma fortify and still gets 1-shoted from time to time. So unless I am missing something more than alternative gems just 4-5k es with 2k es regeneration wont cut. The videos are true yes, but I can edit whatever I like in a video, I mean I can hide the 10 times I died and only post the 1 I didnt. Anyway the build seems awesome that's why I wanted to make it. But still something doesnt add up. I just dont feel safe with 4k ES. My 8.4k ES and almost 0 physical reduction feels and is, by map proof, far safer.

Your right you are missing afew things.

Last edited by facelessman122 on Dec 5, 2020, 11:36:13 AM
TLDR: Any advice on upgrades and CI would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/07RtKQzg

Gear
Spoiler

Well, I’m going to post and ask for some thoughts. I have been reading this thread since nearly the beginning of the league. My starters are always summoners, and I have played a lot of variations. Seems to be my favorite build type for most leagues (lazy play, pick up loot). It’s been an interesting league for summoners, started with redemption sentries, changed to syndicate operatives, then my first carrion golem build. Changed spectres between, monkeys, Tul, and Arena Champion spectres. Anyone who says summoners are boring has never really tried to keep up with just how many options and choices there are.

Earlier in the league, I tried to switch over to the LL variant. I failed miserably since the aura gems were starting to get costly with the scion stackers, and I lost my guardian which was probably the biggest insult of my failed attempt. Thankfully Kingmakers were only 1.5 exalted vs the 3 exalted they are today. I sold all the gear back (at a profit no less since stacker were going META), and went back to the life Brass Dome Cold Iron Point version.

I had a lot of good RNG and thought I would try the Scion stacker. I had about 70 exalted into the gear (not including the HH) and thought it sucked. It seems you need around 500 exalted for those to be moderately good i.e. not nearly as good as Delirium for 30 exalted. I played a stacker in delirium and 70 exalted in Heist doesn’t get you even close. With only 3K ES and 3.6 aura effect it just wasn’t very tanky. It also wasn’t fast, nor did it have that much DPS compared to impale stacking golems. I was still running my summoner for heists for the phase run, movement speed, and less chance to get one shotted.

Upgrading the aura stackers was getting into the stupid cost. Single item upgrades were 20+ exalted with the top build having multiple jewels that cost a mirror. So after a Vivinsect drop and already owning the Shav's and aura gems, I tried out the LL golem again with full success.

I never invest to the immortal level, but I believe the bang for my buck is really good. My minions (mostly spectres and zombies) die in some rough map mods (no regen, -res, and 2x extra damage mods, extra crit... not good for most builds. This particular map had large packs of porcupines that did wipe out my golems, but it was fun and challenging).

I am sitting around:

-22M Sirus DPS (no vaal skills) I suck at this fight and usually die once to the big beam, but his stages are really short, 2-3 seconds each. I usually spend more time waiting for the storms to move than fighting him, and yes I suck bad enough to die in 2-3 seconds somehow =\
-30M DPS with vaal skills
-Aura Effect at 300%
-7.1KES
-90% all resists
-75% chaos resist
-186% movement speed with flask and constant phase run, often too fast with HH buffs, minions will TP and miss mobs

-Cold Iron points gave more DPS in PoB than Clay shaper or +wands (20ex range). 4 golems x 7.3M = 29M DPS vs 5 golems x 5.3M = 26M DPS. Personally if golems were dying I would use the Clay Shaper for the extra minion life, and there is some advantage to having an extra golem for map clearing, again personal preference.
-I switch between ES and Light radius passives (personal preference, I’m old and I like to see stuff)
-It took a lot of work and $$ to fit in flesh and stone, but gave considerably more DPS than Precision (42% vs 12%, assuming mobs are close to me).
-I used predator support with Golems, a red skill may be better, but be much harder to color. I also like having the ability to direct minions with signal prey which also seems to cast through walls. It’s nice for the doors in Heists.
-Working on getting Zombies in a Hungry Loop. This will cost around 300 ES but allow me to run and empower with my spectre and add a fourth spectre (arena champion or Tul for defense). Not sure it’s really worth it, more DPS, less ES, and having to listen to that constant banging in my hideout.

-I do not plan on leveling any further, I tend to burn out trying to get much higher, and there’s no need to grind to burnout only to stop playing.

-I also know that I have an extra life/ES node near Written in Blood. This was a compromise to get Flesh and Stone to work VS one 6% ES node. One percent less ES seemed like a good compromise for 30% DPS.

I’m not sure where to take the build next because it’s not really lacking in many areas. Minions don’t die that often and neither do I. Heists are pretty easy given the movement speed and defenses. Sirius A8 is pretty quick, his guardians are a joke. If I could play better I doubt I would die as often as I do, most rips are just bad playing. If someone is tanking beams and standing in storms I am curious how much they have invested in their build. I have not run a simulacrum, I fear that I could not survive the last few levels. I also never get any good drops, given they are selling for nearly 2ex. I always felt with a HH it’s pretty random what mods you get and how easy or hard those can be.

I’m wondering about the CI version with Saqawal's, but I just don’t understand what it provides besides chaos immunity (which is great if you chaos res isn't 75%). I think the DPS is a bit less and defenses are better, but at what cost? Is it just personal preference? I feel like I am missing something, and it’s a huge, confusing, expensive change (chest + shield around 20 exalted).

Any thoughts on my build are appreciated, I’m sure I have missed a lot. Every time to try to change something around it ends up being a deep rabbit hole. There is a lot of great information on this thread, but it’s also a lot to take in and remember it all. I have about 80 exalted and not much to spend it on anymore. Most things feel like diminishing returns.

Thanks to all the players who take the time to help and share knowledge. That’s why I like summoners, if you look at all the aura stacking builds, 99% of them are identical. While the summoners are similar, they all have differences for play style.

Best Regards,

BadKarma
aka Buggles

The paste bin doesn't work, am I the only one with this problem?
Are you using the pob-fork version or the old one? Your PoB icon must have a real fork image in it.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
"
Spacecom wrote:

Ok I see where the problem is, the tankiness of the version you playing heavily depends on a high ES.
Higher es pool means more regen when you have more replenishing notables.
Also I see you have purity of lightning in the boots, so I'm sure you don't have alt quality version of that gem. That alone means you are missing out on shock immunity which makes you take 50% more dmg.
And if your not ignite immune either your and your minions will die a lot.

Also an AG with the garb will stop crits or alternatively can get a watchers eye which makes you take less crit dmg.
Also I'm not sure which video you saw that had a witch with very low 5k ES and tanked the world, but I agree that shouldn't be possible unless he is using
Mistress of sacrifice ascendancy with bone offering.
Or anomalous dread banner with the quality nearby enemies deal % less dmg, super boosted by at least a lvl6 enhance.

https://youtu.be/nzYor7j3TGs

This is the video of my older build using the anomalous dread banner with a witch being able to do that with about 5.3k es. the POB will be under the video description if you're interested in the gem setup.
Last edited by Turbo32 on Dec 5, 2020, 4:20:03 PM
"
Turbo32 wrote:
"
Spacecom wrote:

Ok I see where the problem is, the tankiness of the version you playing heavily depends on a high ES.
Higher es pool means more regen when you have more replenishing notables.
Also I see you have purity of lightning in the boots, so I'm sure you don't have alt quality version of that gem. That alone means you are missing out on shock immunity which makes you take 50% more dmg.
And if your not ignite immune either your and your minions will die a lot.

Also an AG with the garb will stop crits or alternatively can get a watchers eye which makes you take less crit dmg.
Also I'm not sure which video you saw that had a witch with very low 5k ES and tanked the world, but I agree that shouldn't be possible unless he is using
Mistress of sacrifice ascendancy with bone offering.
Or anomalous dread banner with the quality nearby enemies deal % less dmg, super boosted by at least a lvl6 enhance.

https://youtu.be/nzYor7j3TGs

This is the video of my older build using the anomalous dread banner with a witch being able to do that with about 5.3k es. the POB will be under the video description if you're interested in the gem setup.

You are significantly more patient and helpful than me. Hats off to you Turbo.
Last edited by facelessman122 on Dec 5, 2020, 5:24:31 PM
"
SutCractus wrote:
Might be a dumb question, idk.

How do we keep enemies Maimed if we swap Maim Support (on zombies/AG) with another gem like Minion Life?

If anyone could help me, would be great!
Thanks guys.
"
SutCractus wrote:
"
SutCractus wrote:
Might be a dumb question, idk.

How do we keep enemies Maimed if we swap Maim Support (on zombies/AG) with another gem like Minion Life?

If anyone could help me, would be great!
Thanks guys.

I did it by fitting in Flesh and Stone, but it was not cheap nor easy, and I had to drop Precision.

Changes were:
Helm enchant - 4 exalted
Anomalous Blood Magic - 1 exalted (got lucky)
Anomalous Flesh and Stone - 60c
Dropped an ES node near Forsight and took Life/ES in Written in Blood (-1% ES and just enough life to run F&S)

You can also use a lower level Vitality if it's with Blood Magic, PoB had it down quite a few levels, maybe 10-15 range.

I'm sure there are probably better ways, I tend to do everything the worst possible way, but hey it's fun learning.

is Divergent Clarity working with Carrion golems? or just minions with mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info