[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
Spacecom wrote:

My 5 golems don't just die, they disappear. It happens once per three T16 maps with dangerous mods. No zana-16chaos-delirium mod. The most vulnerable crack of this build seems to be T16 Legion when the monsters get alive and nuke everything and random beyond bosses when they suddently spawn and nuke everything. Sometimes the nuke doesnt just kill golems also my character. Once I lost a spectre. On the other hand Animate Guardian doesnt even understand what is going on. I thought his red health bar was bugged , it never drops.

To sum up, from my experience, golems die in T16 maps with nasty mobs or special situations when a lot of medium mods together make it very dangerous.

My golems ONLY die in phys reflect maps (which I don't do but I have tried for giggles). They will disappear instantly.
I also avoid maps that have -max resists as that is our main defense.
"
Spacecom wrote:

My 5 golems don't just die, they disappear. It happens once per three T16 maps with dangerous mods. No zana-16chaos-delirium mod. The most vulnerable crack of this build seems to be T16 Legion when the monsters get alive and nuke everything and random beyond bosses when they suddently spawn and nuke everything. Sometimes the nuke doesnt just kill golems also my character. Once I lost a spectre. On the other hand Animate Guardian doesnt even understand what is going on. I thought his red health bar was bugged , it never drops.

To sum up, from my experience, golems die in T16 maps with nasty mobs or special situations when a lot of medium mods together make it very dangerous.

On bosses now. Done all Sirus guardians with no problem. Done all Elder guardinas no problem. Done Chimera and Hydra with no problem. I will soon try super charged Mino and Phoenix which I find to be most difficult and report.
Regular Elder fight is a joke you can do it afk. Havent done Shaper or Sirus.
All the above is Awakened 8 state.

I dont know what exactly is that kills my golems. Because they either seem immortal or they just disappear. On/Off situation cant get more data.

Overall the character has decent survavability (or however it's spelled , english not my native) and that is thanks to those new cluster-jewels that push the defensive auras. But is has some cracks on it and the game will find them. Those cracks are:
1)physical damage
2)golems die in some situations, (use portal scroll asap or join them)
3)maybe chaos damage?
4)no panic button (it is ES-necro, so no ES-leech, no ES-on hit, no instant potion)

I experienced the same, my friends did too but they quit the league short after lol. Almost exclusively on delirium tropicals though. Zombies, Spectres or even golems would instantly die. It may be caused by thing ill address shortly.

Shaper guardians are a joke, just beware of phoenix's -max fire res. And as long as you don't facetank sirus, you should be fine.

1)Yes, depending on the content and your playstyle, it can be really hard. Specially if you are rushing the delirium fog or not repositioning correctly/dodging.
2)Either phy/chaos damage, some absurd degen, or just running out of your auras aoe are common causes. Also detonate corpse is really nasty.
3)Grave intentions is enough
4)Vaal discipline
Last edited by Lisann on Dec 1, 2020, 6:25:02 PM
Thank you all for your insights, I read the last ~30 pages and got a lot of ideas from there! I am still short on currency as I started this league last week due to work.

I started using Flesh and Stone and annointing Champion of the Cause - this is the big change. It does make me a little bit short on passive points but the levels come quickly this league. Currently I will reach 200% increased (or 300% total) aura effect when I am level 94 and with additional 10ex investment in cluster jewels which I hope to accumulate by then. I also got a lot of cheap alternate quality gems (clarity, dread banner, pride, vitality goes next but I will probably get the jewels first) that work with this build. I wasn't going to buy Vivinsects anytime soon but I know some better options. Thanks!

I just want to straighten up some misconceptions about mechanics that I see in this thread.

First of all, +3 to all physical gems on Cold Iron Point affects our golems a lot. But apart from them, it only gets Pride from 40% to 41% more after the enemy has been in the aura for 4 seconds and changes nothing if the enemy dies faster, and adds 3% impale effect to dread banner. When it comes to the wand, it is very important to stress out that wands DO NOT add levels to support gems such as minion damage or feeding frenzy. They add +2 to all active minion spells (carrion, zombie, spectre, convocation) and +1 to all other active spell gems - auras mostly. When it comes to the auras +1 usually isn't that important unless it helps to get one Purity up to level 23, which it very well might, that increase is very marginal for other auras. Even discipline doesn't get that much (with 200% increased aura effect it is 30 flat ES).

I did calculations with the help of PoB (hoping minion data is correct there as I couldn't find it anywhere) and using cold iron point is the same total dps as clayshaper, using the wand is less dps than clayshaper. Obviously levels of minion gems bump their LIFE as well. I am not yet at the stage when minions dying would be a problem. I suppose that when I get there I might want to switch to the wand anyway but it seems to me its main purpose would be DEFENSIVE.

Another thing I wanted to point out is a remarkably false claim that 198% increased aura effect is "the same as 100%".

All the numbers in the description of the auras from our skills (and stuff that gets added on top of those skills, like Commander of Darkness) are affected by aura effect. If you have e.g 178% increased aura effect, all the integers in the descriptions are multiplied by 1+1.78=2.78. Then, they get rounded down to the nearest integer.

The basic rule of thumb is that the lower that initial integer is, the more important are proper "breakpoints". Purities level 23 have +5 to max resistance, so their breakpoints are every 20% increased aura effect. For them, 179% is the same as 160%, but 197%, even though equivalent to 180%, gives you 4% more max res than having just 100% aura effect.

For Haste, attack speed has breakpoints every ~6% aura effect for example. Commander of Darkness has breakpoints every 33%. For Discipline there are no "breakpoints", every 1% increased aura effect increases your ES.

Getting to 200% increased (or 300% total) is important because ALL the auras (by virtue of how integers work) have a "breakpoint" at 200% increased aura effect. Also, it gets us to the maximum maximum elemental resistances (90%, we can't get higher by any means in the game currently).

So it is important to have a plan that makes it possible to get to 200%, but if someone isn't running juiced maps and doesn't have currency it makes sense to slowly but steadily add aura effect, as every bit helps.
"
Msciwoj wrote:
Thank you all for your insights, I read the last ~30 pages and got a lot of ideas from there! I am still short on currency as I started this league last week due to work.

This is exactly the kind of post i hoped to see. Pushing further than the 'general advice' and delving deeper into the actual mechanics and interactions. Thanks.

As you said yourself, aiming for at least 300% is the goal. It is a nice round number and not that hard to achieve. Those breakpoints are true, but we felt were beyond the scope of our simplified explanations (they didn't read the basics, they wouldnt read the more complex stuff).

+2 Wands are just QoL, specially for LL as it helps reach 23 purities. On the CI thread, golem and even some mad impale SO spectres necros switched to CIP, as it's more damage at their point in progression. However this is not always true, sometimes your auras/auraeffect/gems/whatever may lead to higher damage with the wand. Some are even using +1supp implicit weapons with lvl4 enhance instead, for absurd damage increases. This is really expensive though, more than a whole semibudget LL build, so we can't really recommend that here.
Last edited by Lisann on Dec 1, 2020, 6:40:02 PM
"
Lisann wrote:
It clearly says Animated Guardian, so it is added to account for AG's gear bonuses, namely Kingmaker, victarios flight, etc.

It's a very basic PoB shenanigan you'll see on many summoner's pobs.

sure i know it come from animate guardian . i m not blind ...

my question is
== Animate Guardian ==
Minions have +50% To Critical Strike Multiplier <<<(where come from ?)
Nearby Enemies Take 9% Increased Physical Damage this from helm ?
10% Increased Movement speed (from shose)
Minions have 10% Increased Movement speed (where come from ?)
Minions deal 10% More Damage (where come from ?)

"
chuawf123456 wrote:
"
Lisann wrote:
It clearly says Animated Guardian, so it is added to account for AG's gear bonuses, namely Kingmaker, victarios flight, etc.

my question is
== Animate Guardian ==

as i said, "so it is added to account for AG's gear bonuses, namely Kingmaker, victarios flight, etc."

kingmaker, rare helmet, victarios flight, in that order. It's even explained in the guide, which i guess you didn't read.
"
chuawf123456 wrote:
"
Lisann wrote:

my question is
== Animate Guardian ==

It's all good chuawf!
In the FAQ he kind of goes over the gear some.
Leer Cast helm gives all allies (minions) +15% (not 10%) inc damage if you choose that over a rare helm with 'nearby enemies take 9% inc phys damage'.

You list 10% movement speed twice. It is only once (not 10% x 2). From the shoes Victario's Flight.

If you simply go with the standard AG build you should be all set.
Leer Cast
Belly of the Beast
Southbound gloves
Victario's Flight
Kingmaker Axe - spend your orbs to get this

Consider using a Divergent Animate Guardian gem as this will give your AG more life per quality. Will help it not die once you got that Kingmaker equipped.
"
Lisann wrote:
"
chuawf123456 wrote:
"
Lisann wrote:

my question is
== Animate Guardian ==

as i said, "so it is added to account for AG's gear bonuses, namely Kingmaker, victarios flight, etc."

kingmaker, rare helmet, victarios flight, in that order. It's even explained in the guide, which i guess you didn't read.

I might have missed it, but is there a list of alternative quality gems we should be using?

I see the original breakdown in the guide, but not sure if that's current.
"
Lisann wrote:
When stuff dies in 0,1 sec, getting 35% more damage isn't really noticeable i guess.

Surely there's no 'true best way' to build this, just general guidelines and thing we discover along the way. The build has already been improved a LOT from WaffleT's original build, from a ton of people's contributions and takes on it. It's kinda nice looking at it this way.

Opportunity-cost, however, is a hard limit on how the build plays (and costs) though. There's not much incentive to really go proper MINMAX on LL because of this. It's a nice stepping stone, that even teaches you the basics of Pob, aura effectiveness, defensive layers and such. It's invaluable knowledge. Armour-related mitigation was highly debated on the other thread, for example, and some of us learned one or two thing from it.

Not just that, and I found the summoner community including Global Chanel 6666 is lots more friendly. This is the first league that I stepped over Chao Recipe and become one of "rich" player and finally able to do end content since I start play this game back in Beta.
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
"
chuawf123456 wrote:
"
Lisann wrote:

my question is
== Animate Guardian ==

It's all good chuawf!
In the FAQ he kind of goes over the gear some.
Leer Cast helm gives all allies (minions) +15% (not 10%) inc damage if you choose that over a rare helm with 'nearby enemies take 9% inc phys damage'.

You list 10% movement speed twice. It is only once (not 10% x 2). From the shoes Victario's Flight.

If you simply go with the standard AG build you should be all set.
Leer Cast
Belly of the Beast
Southbound gloves
Victario's Flight
Kingmaker Axe - spend your orbs to get this

Consider using a Divergent Animate Guardian gem as this will give your AG more life per quality. Will help it not die once you got that Kingmaker equipped.

actually i just want to know where come from >>> is the minions have +50% To Critical Strike Multiplier.>>

and this is my build ...i have some change
https://pastebin.com/1NG2GNqy how to calculate over roll dps?

and i still planing my helm enchant discipline reduce mana 20% . and tick skil tree more 4 % . then take off my Dash skill to buff Arctic armour .
Last edited by chuawf123456 on Dec 2, 2020, 6:51:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info