Vulkan unplayable issue - Big black squares on the screen

Same problem here switching back to DX11 solved this and the random crashes.
Latest nvidia drivers by the way. ^^

Vulkan is kinda messed up but well it's still in beta. ^^
Good luck GGG.
Issues I'm currently still seeing:

• Many Baran mobs have some sort of bugged bloom effect attached to them so they turn into big white blobs on screen obscuring everything until killed

• Many mobs (probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of mobs in any map) are invisible except for particle effects and auras. Sometimes they start off visible, but turn invisible once moused over/attacked, sometimes they're fully invisible from the start. Sometimes when moused over an invisible monster will show up as a red silhouette. THIS ALSO EFFECTS ALL ATLAS CONQUEROR BOSSES AND MOST MAP BOSSES

• Many monsters, especially rock/ice golems are visible, but mono-color non-textured.

• Many textures on the ground/objects flicker in/out on zone load and sometimes randomly flicker while moving around.

• Framerate seems steady and high, but frames randomly 'skip' every 5-10 seconds. Probably dropping just 1-2 frames, not even to visibly affect framerate, but the game noticably 'skips'

• Large, sometimes 1-2s, lags upon any 'reveals' like influencer packs or stronghold packs spawning in. Usually only 0.25-0.5 second lag, but sometimes much worse. Doesn't seem to correspond to pack size, lag amount seems random.

===========================================

• Also, if I upgrade to the latest (451.48) NVidia driver I get the big black boxes on screen issue others have noted (but nothing else is fixed). Rolling back to 445.87 fixes the balck boxes for me.

For note: I had non of these issues in DX11 or Vulkan at the end of Delirium in 3.10, except infrequent lag/stutter in DX11 (non in Vulkan). Now I have all these issues in BOTH DX11 AND VULKAN.
Last edited by Reithan on Jun 27, 2020, 1:35:58 PM
This seems to happen to me now when I started using Blood and Sand, everytime I switch or the buff activates(at the start of a new zone) I get the black boxes
bump
Still Alive are we ?
Started happening with VD Spellslinger when I updated to the newest nvidia drivers and using Vulkan, went back to DX11 for now.
Bumping this again - any ETA on when I'll be able to see Drox's beautiful face again?
Last edited by Reithan on Jun 27, 2020, 1:49:43 PM
"
Reithan wrote:
Bumping this again - any EAT on when I'll be able to see Drox's beautiful face again?

invisible mob should be fixed by recent patch (also delete shader cache and try different version of driver may help). For black box certainly mtx or skill effect and Vulkan problem. You can turn off mtx and Vulkan but sorry for certain skill user
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Reithan wrote:
Bumping this again - any EAT on when I'll be able to see Drox's beautiful face again?

invisible mob should be fixed by recent patch (also delete shader cache and try different version of driver may help). For black box certainly mtx or skill effect and Vulkan problem. You can turn off mtx and Vulkan but sorry for certain skill user

I haven't seen any new patch downloaded since the last update?
"
Reithan wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Reithan wrote:

I haven't seen any new patch downloaded since the last update?

3.11.0f. Believe it or not. it is fixed [sic]

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2883625

"
Fixed a bug where various objects (including enemies) could be invisible.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I have been playing through the issues and played many hours in the 3.11.0f patch. The issue has not been resolved for me and several other people I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info