Vulkan unplayable issue - Big black squares on the screen

yesterday i experienced this symptom but it was an issue on POE overlay. After I restarted POE overlay, both the game and overlay worked fine.
I rolled my video driver back 2 versions, the black squares are gone now...but the invisible mobs are back.

TBH, it almost seems like mobs are hitting some kind of 'effects attached' cap.

Because the ones that are invis are almost always the ones with multiple auras or particles, or sometimes I'll attack a mob and THEN it goes invis.
Tried turning off particle culling and it got worse if anything (different map with more fx though).

Ran a defiled cathedral map with DX11 and like... 1/3 of everything was invis
Boss started visible, then turned invis once I started hitting it.

A friend of mine told me:

"
I got invisible mobs on the simplest-looking maps. And, it appeared to be random for me
Many of the things that were invisible had been on the map before, un-invisible. In lab, there were invisible cannibals... but I saw non-invisible cannibals 2 seconds later. Same on-death sounds, and no aura effects around them or anything.
it's mostly been happening to me with humanoid influenced mobs lately, though
and again, I see the same mobs that were invisible before, fully visible
you can recognize influence mobs by their abilities
Its the latest NVIDIA drivers which caused it, rolling back my drivers to the last one fixed it completely.
According to NVidia site and my own memory, v451.48 dropped TODAY, and seems to cause the black blocks issue.

However, I rolled back to 445.87 - Release Date: Wed Apr 15, 2020, and while the black blocks are gone, I still have performance issues and invisible textures.

Previously to today, I was running 446.14 - Release Date: Wed May 27, 2020, both for the Vulkan beta in 3.10 and the 3.11 launch.

Vulkan 3.10 was amazing. Perfect performance and basically no issues for me.
3.11 has been stuttery, lags out on large mob pack spawns, and is riddled with invisible monsters and bloom issues.

So, while 451.48 that dropped today does seem to introduce 1 new issue at least, it's definitely not the ONLY issue.
Im getting this issue also, everytime I attack it triggers the black boxes.
Its literally unplayable.
"
Reithan wrote:
According to NVidia site and my own memory, v451.48 dropped TODAY, and seems to cause the black blocks issue.

However, I rolled back to 445.87 - Release Date: Wed Apr 15, 2020, and while the black blocks are gone, I still have performance issues and invisible textures.

Previously to today, I was running 446.14 - Release Date: Wed May 27, 2020, both for the Vulkan beta in 3.10 and the 3.11 launch.

3.11 has been stuttery, lags out on large mob pack spawns, and is riddled with invisible monsters and bloom issues.

So, while 451.48 that dropped today does seem to introduce 1 new issue at least, it's definitely not the ONLY issue.

I can solve missing texture by del shadercache.

You have tried switiching driver, but between that you also need to del shadercache. As it will interference. shader created by different driver may incompatible
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Reithan wrote:

I can solve missing texture by del shadercache.

You have tried switiching driver, but between that you also need to del shadercache. As it will interference. shader created by different driver may incompatible

I have also deleted all shader caches between driver updates. This didn't accomplish anything.
I'm on dx11 for now, waiting for a fix, but i'll definitely try to downgrade drivers to 445 and let you know if it fixes anything.

And no, i don't use an overlay. It's strange since the black texture referenced in the screens is "behind" the map (map works normally without issues).

I'm gonna post my Dxdiag asap too !
Last edited by Demokdawa on Jun 25, 2020, 5:56:05 AM
"
Demokdawa wrote:
I'm on dx11 for now, waiting for a fix, but i'll definitely try to downgrade drivers to 445 and let you know if it fixes anything.

And no, i don't use an overlay. It's strange since the black texture referenced in the screens is "behind" the map (map works normally without issues).

I'm gonna post my Dxdiag asap too !

They claim it is "fixed" in today 3.11.0f patch

"
Fixed a bug where various objects (including enemies) could be invisible.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info