Vulkan unplayable issue - Big black squares on the screen

HI all,

Even with the latest nvidia drivers the bug is still here.

It's linked ot the supporter pack mtx (insatiable malice)

Whenever I equip another MTX the bug goes away.

I've had this same occurence on both of my character when wearing the insatiable malice MTX set.

+ From me.
When I level my new build I start to see this black squares. They are appearing (sometimes) when "Wave of Conviction" hit *Magic* mobs.

I didn't see this bug early, only with wave of conv.

P.S. I think I had simmilar "black square" thing when I fight Harvest boss too.
"
Demokdawa wrote:
Rooling back to old nvidia driver worked for me and fixed the black squares for now :p

Which version are you using?
I am also having the same issues, I think it has something to do with buffs activating. When entering a portal I noticed, as soon as I move the black squares popup. The same thing happened after I died and respawned in my hideout, when I activate my buffs(Hatred and Blood & Sand) the Black Squares popped up for a few seconds.

Hope that helps.
"
ImrickjamesB wrote:
HI all,

Even with the latest nvidia drivers the bug is still here.

It's linked ot the supporter pack mtx (insatiable malice)

Whenever I equip another MTX the bug goes away.

I've had this same occurence on both of my character when wearing the insatiable malice MTX set.

This seems to be correct (at least for me).

I've only had the gloves equipped and got this bug constantly, after removing them it seems to have disappeared. I also noticed that sometimes the sets textures get blurry and expand outwards and stay that way until I change the zone.

Fun fact: gaining phasing not only removes the black square for me but also prevents the bug from reoccurring while the phasing visual is active. So quartz flask or phasing on kill jewel is mandatory until this is fixed.
Is this fixed in the latest patch?
"
Markuchi wrote:
Is this fixed in the latest patch?

for specific mtx, yes

But GGG delete the line regarding Elusive from patch note (It was stated in the preview)

You can test it yourself by swtich on Vulkan
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I still have this issue with the Insatiable Malice mtx after the patch.
After the latest 3.11.1.c patch, the black box flashing in the middle of the screen is way worse. Note: I don't know what happened, but for maybe the last week or so(?) I'd been doing less damage.. and felt "sluggish". Also, the cases of "black square" were less. After the patch, I'm once again insta-phasing things and now the black square is back more often. Maybe this had something to do with the fixes to the "Master of Metal" ascendancy? Could we get more details on what the bug was there? I wish GGG had a public Jira or Gitlab/Github issue list, with details..

I helped someone kill Baran last night and here is a recording showing the issue. The boxes seem to appear once my attack speed or damage goes over a certain threshold. Perhaps, some MTX I am using is not designed for 144fps @2K resolution..?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682504682

Also, here is a dump of my hardware along with specific tunings. I actually have to downclock my video card because Path of Exile creates such a massive power draw, there is an increased electricity cost to play the game.

https://imgur.com/a/ornCAXE

GGG-devs: What are the specs+settings of the system(s) you are testing with?
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Same bug when equipping Malice Armour and have Plaguebringer ascendancy node. Switch to DX11 or downgrade geforce drivers seem worked for me.
Hoping GGG will fix soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info