3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

"
zerrr000 wrote:
What about linux????
POE is the only thing still making me use windows.

It's working like a charm using Vulkan renderer on Steam.

Kernel 5.6.12-1-MANJARO-Cinnamon
GPU (GM206) GTX 960 1GB; Driver 440.82;
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600X; 16GB 3200 RAM;

I will try on RX580 next time.

Good Job GGG!
"
sigmalion wrote:

It's working like a charm using Vulkan renderer on Steam.

Kernel 5.6.12-1-MANJARO-Cinnamon
GPU (GM206) GTX 960 1GB; Driver 440.82;
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600X; 16GB 3200 RAM;

I will try on RX580 next time.

Good Job GGG!

I'm cheating, running PoE on 5.6.13-100.fc30 via Windows guest in KVM with vfio/iommu RX480. My 144hz screen, DAC and streaming doesn't work perfectly on my hostOS.

Happy to hear that it's running well. Has garbage collection improved by using vulkan? GC was really bad last time I tried running on my host. I did not want to relaunch the game every few hours.

Anyway good job GGG!!!
I finally discovered why the game was crashing when activating the Vulkan Renderer, it was because i was using the grafic card of the onboard system.

Guys, look at the "Display" option in the Display Settings and make sure it's the correct board (mine was using the Intel HD before, now is using the NVIDIA).

It runs smoothly, at the first sight since I haven’t been on for too long, but I have an issue with the colours. They became warmer and I don’t know why. Whites are no longer whites and I notice that a lot on the loot. Anyone else is noticing that?
Im having issues like pixelated stuff everywhere, but hey this is a great start, keep the good job.
Doesn't work for me. When I set to Vulkan, and hit "save", it eventually gives me a pop up that says not supported". My card is AMD RX460. After hitting save, it basically sits there for about 5 minutes before returning the pop up. If I hit Esc directly after selecting Vulkan, it shows that Vulkan is selected, but when I hit play I get a black scr, and game crashes. Also, I noticed that my performance since the patch is horrible...never had any issues before. Thanks GGG for breaking the game. At least for me. Oh well. After this shit league, I am about ready to move on anyway. This might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Wow, it's amazing!
Greatly increased perfomance at my laptop.
Raised FPS and eliminated spike lags

i73632QM & GeForce GT 730M

At first, game crashed on switching to Vulkan.
Downloaded fresh video drivers from nvidia site, reboot - and it works now.

Try updating drivers if you experience crashes at this moment.

I'm very satisfied with this update. It was almost impossible to play on higher map levels and delirium encounters before. (1-10 fps on dynamic res)
"
Insert_Pixels wrote:
My Renderer is DirectX11 and the option to change it is greyed out. Any suggestions?

It was the Steam client for me, and as it turned out launched the client in 32 bit. Instal the game from the site, and you can change the option if your card support the API.
Per initial testing it appears that when using Vulkan I experience random crashes when using portals. The render seems to take a bit more time than DirectX to model the characters and it is hard to see many differences between DirectX in terms of spikes due to lots of monsters and spells cast. I think this is a good sign though as patching will come out over the next few weeks - I have high hopes this will solve many of the graphics issues I experience during game play.
with vulcan it lags even more.
fk archnemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info