3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

Here is a workaround for those that can´t select Vulkan due the game crashing.

First of all, switch to Fullscreen, somehow it bugs when in windowed.

Afterwards select Vulkan, the screen can go black now for a while, just wait it out. Your game might close, but it will save the changes. If it doesn´t close, just click save and you will have Vulkan enabled as well.

Did test this a few times and it works each time.
i5 2500, 1060 6GB, 8 RAM, old ssd.
Thanks GGG for not waiting with this to 2.0. I was going to let go of another league due to constant FPS drops and freezes.
Vulkan is huge to old CPU's. It doubled my fps on the maps, Betrayal, Legion, Delirium, Blight: no FPS drops and freezes anymore!
Vulkan is so smoooooth, no crashes, works perfect. Don't mess it up, before the next league plzzz.
I4770K, 16GB RAM, AMD380 (3GB) VGA, 480GB SSD, 1680*1050 resolution with windowed fullscreen.

Well, with Directx11 my FPS keep almost all the time at 60FPS, but with this new Vulkan beta api the game is unplayable for me with the upper config and settings.

My FPS is dropping to 30 in city and hideout (if I stop moving it raise to 60), but when trying to move and doing something it drops below 30 and changing constantly.

So needed to switch back to Directx11.
For me, this has made a massive difference in that i am no longer getting a slight micro-stutter and for the first time when moving all the text is readable so it's no longer irritating my eyes and brain.

So: GTX1070Ti
Windowed Fullscreen 3440x1440 - Lighting set to Shadows and all other settings high, this is really very smooth and enjoyable. Thumbs up!

Windowed Fullscreen 3440x1440 - Shadows+GI - This introduces the slight stutter, maybe not so much a stutter but all the item drops text introduces like a motion blur which i don't see when using just shadows.

Until Vulkan i would see the blur on all settings so i am pretty happy with the new render!
What about linux????
POE is the only thing still making me use windows.
Damn... Really wanted to try....

MSI Radeon R380 4GB
16GB RAM
game on SSD
Windows 8.1
drivers updated

When changing to Vulkan game crashes instantly on windowed fullscreen.

On fullscreen it freeze for 5 sec with "Applies new settings" and crash.

Anybody have a fix/solution?
Happy to see Linux folks being vocal :)
"
zerrr000 wrote:
What about linux????
POE is the only thing still making me use windows.

"
Happy to see Linux folks being vocal :)

Why do people like linux so much?
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
The Linux people will deny it, but most of them choose Linux because it's like the kids who pick bands they know no one likes in order to feel cooler.

it makes them feel edgy and cool to not support Microsoft.

They usually come up with some stuff about it being more secure than Microsoft, but anyone who's ever been to a white hat conference knows that's a load of BS. It's just that Linux boxes generally tend to not have any sort of personal information so unethical hackers don't bother targeting them.

I'll never forget a hacker who had a USB key fob that could crack him into just about any Linux machine within 10 seconds...
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
The Linux people will deny it, but most of them choose Linux because it's like the kids who pick bands they know no one likes in order to feel cooler.

it makes them feel edgy and cool to not support Microsoft.

They usually come up with some stuff about it being more secure than Microsoft, but anyone who's ever been to a white hat conference knows that's a load of BS. It's just that Linux boxes generally tend to not have any sort of personal information so unethical hackers don't bother targeting them.

I'll never forget a hacker who had a USB key fob that could crack him into just about any Linux machine within 10 seconds...

Please give me some of what you are smoking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info