3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

Ok, Wow!
It's soooo smooth now, thank you(the team) for this!

Is this going to work with consoles?
The client crashes every time I try to switch to Vulkan.
I haven't been able to play since my graphics card is under performing and I get crashes consistently. Will try this out and see if the game is playable (without upgrading my computer). Either way, very much appreciate the attempt to make this game playable to more people!
Appreciate it, it's definately different. With Directx my fps jumps between 30 and 60 while standing still in my hideout. With this Vulcan, it's more smooth and with small drops. The stutters I (fps drop to 0) are still there, but that might be my budget Nvidia card in my laptop.
I get over 200 fps with DirectX, constant 40 with Vulkan >.<

Edit: Already had the latest Nvidia drivers and clean installed them from GForce Experience. Decided to download them from NVidia's site and clean install again. Looks like Vulkan is good to go now.
I just checked on the Path of Exile community and I'm over the moon to see the response to Harvest! Even when you're super confident in a launch, you're always afraid people will hate it or something terrible will happen. It's such a relief and a joy to see how happy everyone is! - Bex 20 Jun 2020
Last edited by Kamiri21 on May 29, 2020, 1:14:23 PM
Intel Core 2 Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti with 2GB (playing Borderless Windowed @ 1920x1200), Win 7

I used to play with ~38 FPS when nothing was going on and 13-16 FPS in the thick of it, which was barely playable and would be deemed unplayable by most people not used to it.
With Vulkan, I get the same Hideout FPS but in fights, I only dip down to ~26 FPS and really not below that no matter how hectic things get. This is quite amazing. The graphics are downgraded a bit though. I'm no fan of the enforced Medium textures and I use ReShade for some additional Post Processing that is like downloading an HD texture pack for the game and replaces the green tint with a some nice blue-red contrast (nothing over the top, I'm a compositor by trade). It's amazing how much difference this makes for nearly no performance cost and I don't get why games don't make more use of those themselves.

So I'll probably stick to Vulkan because 26 FPS is just so much better than 16 and I can even watch something on my second screen again, but I'll miss the ReShade goodness.
... is not a troll
works good for me :D

90 ~ 130 fps with vulkan in cage map for example. (1060 gtx 6gb)
VULKAN IS AMAZING I GOT FROM 15FPS TO 35FPS PLEASE LEAVE IT AS IS, DON'T UPDATE FURTHER IT'S GOOD PLSSSSS
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Thank you so much! This is freaking helpful. In the past I had some annoying and recurring micro stutters. They're gone as far as I've tested. The game runs with constantly 60 frames without drops. Target framerate is set to 30 and framerate cap is set to 60 with everything maxed in the graphic settings, except "Shadows + CI Quality" ("only" high) and "VSync" disabled.

I use Pop!_OS 20.04 (Ubuntu based) with a Ryzen 5 1600, GeForce GTX 1070 6 GB and 16 GB RAM. I play PoE via Steam/Steam Play with Proton-5.1-GE-2.

I hope I have some free time soon to test everything in detail. :)))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info