[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

Hi guys, I received many questions about the cold variant I experimented with this league. It is the best version of the build I played so far, so I decided to provide you some details here.

Hopefully it will be helpful for experimenting and designing you own endgame versions of the build!

100ex-ish POB : https://pastebin.com/Xq1kBQg6

Concept :
Instead of the Oro's, I'm using a physical Banishing Blade, from which I'll convert all the damage to cold. The base implicit combined with very high crit chance allows my char to ignore all elemental resistance without having to invest in curses or various debuffs.

On top of that, I'll also use the new Harvest helmet base for massive extra flat cold damage, without the downside as I'm straight ignoring enemy resistance.

Without an Oro's, I'll have worse frenzy generation on single target, so I'm using a Farrul's Fur as the third key component of this variant (The Cat's buff will grant you your max power/frenzy charges every 10s or so).

Pros :
• Damage is ridiculous at over 15M real life shaper DPS. Cuts through 80% delirious T16s like butter and annihilates conquerors before they even move.
• Ignores all the elemental resists map modifiers which are annoying with the Oro's, like "Elemental Equilibrium" or "+40% to monster elemental resistances"
• Deals 100% cold damage with hits frequently over 1 000 000 dmg. This will freeze solid almost anything that is not killed on the first hit. Even a boss like Sirus gets significantly chilled, making the fight a pushover.
• Cyclone damage scales better on a phys-based build than with an Oro's. I have close to 8M sDPS with Cyclone, which is already a lot (Sirus A8 has roughly 100M HP)
• Thanks to the points above, the character is much better at bossing. I completed 4 of the 5 endgame Maven fights with this character (4 shaper guardians, 4 elder guardians, Maven, 4 breachlords). Have not attempted "The Feared" yet :p

EDIT : "The Feared" done deathless, final POB : https://pastebin.com/qpe4z68j. Around 20M shaper DPS in single target + 6M of totems, you can dispatch each boss in a few second as soon as they join the arena.

Cons:
• Requires a significant budget to work at all. Don't go for it with less than 40ex. Current gear is probably worth around 100Ex. You can grind currency with your regular Oro's build, as most gear will be very similar.
• Some gear is very niche, you'll not find anything for trade at reasonable prices, so you have to be confident in theorycrafting and then self-crafting your own endgame gear. This is especially true for the Banishing Blade. All my rares beside my corrupted blood jewel and clusters were self-crafted with my own harvest crafts from decent bases I traded for.

Important mechanics/choices

Cold conversion :
I convert 100% of phys to cold with 3 sources :
- 40% on passive tree
- 20-25% on Gloves
- 30-40% on Watcher's Eye
Make sure this sums up to >100%!

Crit chance / flasks :
To fully benefit from your Banishing Blade implicit, you'll want a really high crit chance. I use :
- a high crit chance weapon
- Bottled Faith + Diamond Flasks
- An Assassin's Mark ring

It gives an effective crit chance of around 98%... not that bad :D

On top of that, I use two more DPS flasks which go very nicely with a conversion build:

Life sustain :

Without the "5% life recovered on kill" I usually get on a rare chest piece, I felt a bit squishy on highly delirious maps. I decided to invest 4 passives for a Glorious Vanity near the Point Blank keystone, granting me the "Immortal Ambition" keystone. It basically gives you the Slayer's overleech, ensuring you start regening your life at 20%/sec as soon as you are hit.

It felt very good on bosses as well, I will probably recommend it on the main build next league.

Clusters

Surefooted Striker chance for double dmg improve the max chill/freeze we can get, Cold Conduction gives us a shock effect for 15% more damage. As I dont get mana leech on my cluster, I kept Essence Sap specced.

Rest of gear :

The rest of my gear is pretty standard, life, resists, accuracy (I have too much) and crit multi.

Last edited by Heinarc on Mar 7, 2021, 11:54:45 AM
hello, im liking the build (1st time trying flicker strike) but i feel im missing some damage to do T16. I used the 30ex budget guide. what can I do to improve dmg?
"
Heinarc wrote:
Frenetic is the best DPS annoint if you don't want to use the end charges. Blood Drinker/Spirit Void can indeed also be considered if you want to play with your cluster notables.

Panopticon gives far, far higher DPS than Frenetic, and is a huge boost for single target too.
Interesting,

I also made the move to the Banishing Blade > Cold Damage build. I was originally Slayer but didn't like it. I feel being a Raider is much smoother.

That said, interesting how your build has a slower attack speed but hits significantly harder than mine per hit, I think I also have 2 more Frenzy charges than you but your build still does more DPS, crazy.

I definitely like this build much more than my Slayer Oro's Flicker though.

Cheers.

My POB for comparison, let me know if there's anything I should change.

https://pastebin.com/emFa8YrW

P.S. Only able to convert 80% phys to cold (including flask). I'll work on crafting a pair of gloves but until then, the one i have is too good to skip on lol.
Last edited by vaesauce on Feb 23, 2021, 1:43:17 AM
@taxi83pro

I tried to give as much advice as I could in the "advice for playing the build" sections toward the end of the guide. In particular, your flasks are off and thats probably reducing your DPS by 50%. You should be able to runn T16s no problem with decent rares as you got.

And I see you gear is in the middle between an Oro's and a phys version. Spend some time re-reading the mechanics section and make sure you understand why you are picking each piece/mod, if you just try to copy-paste you are likely to miss important things.
For example, having both an Oro's and Farrul's Fur is unecessary. One, or the other is enough to generate the frenzy charges you need to sustain flicker.

@Benville
"
Panopticon gives far, far higher DPS than Frenetic, and is a huge boost for single target too.

This is true on POB, aye. 16% more for Panopticon, instead of 11% more for Frenetic. But Panopticon only provide benefits when you have your totems up, which is probably <5% of your gameplay. While the extra frenzy will help 100% of the time, both in delirious maps or at the end of crowded rituals - and give you a bit more movespeed on top of that.

That's why I prefer to recommend Frenetic. Our community often uses POB shaper DPS as the ultimate benchmark, but I kind of disagree - this is why this build is more optimised for juiced up maps/heists/simulacrum gameplay than it is for pure single target bossing, which is only a minor portion of gameplay.
And if Sirus takes 2sec more to kill, well, so be it :D

@vaesauce

I see your main link gems can probably benefit from some more love (awakened, 21/20, etc...), those more modifiers add up.

Apart from that, you mostly have a POB issue : your blade implicit is not properly computed.

Manually edit "Attack Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Monster Elemental Resistances" by "Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Monster Elemental Resistances" to see a sudden 60% more DPS ;D. That will also make you reconsider a couple passives (Fangs of Frost in particular).

Looks like you can already break the 30M sDPS mark :D
"
Heinarc wrote:

@vaesauce

I see your main link gems can probably benefit from some more love (awakened, 21/20, etc...), those more modifiers add up.

Apart from that, you mostly have a POB issue : your blade implicit is not properly computed.

Manually edit "Attack Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Monster Elemental Resistances" by "Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Monster Elemental Resistances" to see a sudden 60% more DPS ;D. That will also make you reconsider a couple passives (Fangs of Frost in particular).

OooOOOOOO.

I see, didn't realize that POB wasn't computing the Implicit properly.

That being said, I'll move my Fangs of the Frost skill points to pick up some crit or into the fortify tree.

I am also curious, because the sword ignores resistances, if we had Penetration, would that also mean Critical strikes penetrate into the negative resistances of an enemy? Or is that too OP? haha.

I think I'll probably upgrade my boots as well. Dark Ray is awesome but I'm lacking in the resistances and HP department a little.

Thanks for the help!
"
Heinarc wrote:
@taxi83pro

I tried to give as much advice as I could in the "advice for playing the build" sections toward the end of the guide. In particular, your flasks are off and thats probably reducing your DPS by 50%. You should be able to runn T16s no problem with decent rares as you got.

And I see you gear is in the middle between an Oro's and a phys version. Spend some time re-reading the mechanics section and make sure you understand why you are picking each piece/mod, if you just try to copy-paste you are likely to miss important things.
For example, having both an Oro's and Farrul's Fur is unecessary. One, or the other is enough to generate the frenzy charges you need to sustain flicker.

@Benville
"

This is true on POB, aye. 16% more for Panopticon, instead of 11% more for Frenetic. But Panopticon only provide benefits when you have your totems up, which is probably <5% of your gameplay. While the extra frenzy will help 100% of the time, both in delirious maps or at the end of crowded rituals - and give you a bit more movespeed on top of that.

That's why I prefer to recommend Frenetic. Our community often uses POB shaper DPS as the ultimate benchmark, but I kind of disagree - this is why this build is more optimised for juiced up maps/heists/simulacrum gameplay than it is for pure single target bossing, which is only a minor portion of gameplay.
And if Sirus takes 2sec more to kill, well, so be it :D

@vaesauce

Hi again mate. You saw a mix of items because probably you inspected me in the middle of the transition of fire tp cold items :D.
I tried the fire build (the fisrt one you mention on the guide) but today I wanted to swap to the cold build as it seems it gives a lot more dmg against bosses.

Just one question about it. in the pob you have 2 weapons in the skills section. One for totems and one for main which has the flicker strike. which should be my 2nd weapon? Is it just a placeholder weapon for the gems or needs some attributes?
Hi, I'm playing your build this league and I am very happy that I tried flicker strike, but I've got 1 question, what's better, helmet with lab enchant or helmet with -% fire res? I'm asking because I couldn't manage to find helmet with both.
Also I spent 70ex on making the cold dmg build and dont really have the dmg I should. Do you know what can I do to improve it? Im very lost rn
"
taxi83pro wrote:
Also I spent 70ex on making the cold dmg build and dont really have the dmg I should. Do you know what can I do to improve it? Im very lost rn

Your sword is terrible and has like half the dps it should have. You really want one with like 700-750+ dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info