[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
sirdec wrote:
hey someone could explain me that?

"Minor God
Soul of Gruthkul for life flask charge during boss fight."

i thought Soul of Rylatha was the one..?

Sorry for the typo, fixed it in the guide.
Hi,
What's the point of Arcane Blessing since we have Arcane surge active all the time via Brand recall link. Wouldn't it be better to choose Pursuit of Faith instead? This give us lots of defensive measures. What do you think?
Thanks
"
Hi,
What's the point of Arcane Blessing since we have Arcane surge active all the time via Brand recall link. Wouldn't it be better to choose Pursuit of Faith instead? This give us lots of defensive measures. What do you think?
Thanks

Basically the point of Arcane Blessing is the permanent ailment immunity, without the immunity it is not worth getting the point. This can save us from rolling the flasks and having to deal with ailments like shock and freeze in long boss fight.

You do gain the ability to use decoy totem if you get Pursuit of Faith, and some damage boosts. If you think ailments immunity is not important for you (or you can get ailment immune from other place), then you can probably get Pursuit of Faith, but I would prefer ailment immunity for more relaxing gameplay.
So obliteration+shield is the tankier option, right? And the staff is the DPS version? Which do you prefer, and is there a big difference in the skill trees?

The only difference I can see looking at them on PoB is that the shield one doesn't, for some reason, have the cluster jewels.

Basically what I'm asking is, do I need to decide which I plan to use quite early, or can I easily switch between them?
"
Jaggedrain wrote:
So obliteration+shield is the tankier option, right? And the staff is the DPS version? Which do you prefer, and is there a big difference in the skill trees?

The only difference I can see looking at them on PoB is that the shield one doesn't, for some reason, have the cluster jewels.

Basically what I'm asking is, do I need to decide which I plan to use quite early, or can I easily switch between them?

There shouldn't be big difference between two passive trees, mostly only shield nodes changed to staff nodes and both uses cluster jewels. Shield version will be more tanky compared to staff version due to more block and life gain on block. I would suggest you start with shield version first before you get Pledge of Hand, as that staff is the reason why it has double the shield dps. For me, I personally prefer more survivablity with shield, and the 2m dps is more than enough for all contents, and also able to map very fast with obliteration + explody chest.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
Jaggedrain wrote:

There shouldn't be big difference between two passive trees, mostly only shield nodes changed to staff nodes and both uses cluster jewels. Shield version will be more tanky compared to staff version due to more block and life gain on block. I would suggest you start with shield version first before you get Pledge of Hand, as that staff is the reason why it has double the shield dps. For me, I personally prefer more survivablity with shield, and the 2m dps is more than enough for all contents, and also able to map very fast with obliteration + explody chest.

That's very sensible, especially since I already have a very well-rolled Obliteration. I can always redo the passive tree to the staff version if/when I get the Pledge staff sine the difference isn't massive.

P.S - I think there may be something wrong with the PoB I got for the Shield version though, because the cluster jewel complex in the NW area of the tree isn't in that version.
Last edited by Jaggedrain on May 5, 2020, 10:42:08 PM
"
Jaggedrain wrote:
That's very sensible, especially since I already have a very well-rolled Obliteration. I can always redo the passive tree to the staff version if/when I get the Pledge staff sine the difference isn't massive.

P.S - I think there may be something wrong with the PoB I got for the Shield version though, because the cluster jewel complex in the NW area of the tree isn't in that version.

The lv90 tree for shield does not use cluster jewel while the lv100 tree uses cluster jewel. This is just to maximise DPS with limited passive points. You can always go for the passive trees allocation that you prefer with.
"
Jaggedrain wrote:

I m playing Obliterion + Shield.... What could be a DPS option?? i delete everything on the map ^^

lvl 95 today SSF.

got this

I think this Shield is not too bad?
IGN:Sirdec
Playing on SSF, lvl 93 now, almost no block. So far no luck for drops, but now incubating 6L amror...hope for good base. Also no cluster jews, but picked up mana from tree. Defeated Sirus for the first time - so bad fight most of the time no idea what to do there.
Hope will improve it in the future.
Probably will switch to shield charge with fortify instead of cwdt golem steeelskin.

Have SB in league but got bored there.
"
sirdec wrote:
I m playing Obliterion + Shield.... What could be a DPS option?? i delete everything on the map ^^

lvl 95 today SSF.

got this

I think this Shield is not too bad?

That's a nice shield for sure. With that 10% spell block on shield, 75/75 block is achievable. If you want more DPS, you can craft your own wand, but of course you lose obliteration fun. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info