[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
martyl48 wrote:
I must say this build starts to really shine around lvl 90 or so ... re-speced some links to get the 4 Fevered Mine jewels active and it really is "zoom zoom." Only drawback really is the backtracking to get whatever dropped ... but that's Delirium's fault ;)

Although this build is not up to the zoom zoom level of HH, but it is just capable of doing all content while still zoom zoom for me. Loot pickup is not an issue if you filter all the things out. ;) (forgot who said this)
I got bored of trade league and decided to try SSF with this build.

I'm not sure if its really good choice tho? 150% CDR, soul tether, geofri crest, few unique jewels... how that build works without all of that?

Also, what are desired stats on rare weapon (before I manage to find any of uniques u suggested)
Last edited by maciek2g on Apr 29, 2020, 3:50:25 PM
"
maciek2g wrote:
I got bored of trade league and decided to try SSF with this build.

I'm not sure if its really good choice tho? 150% CDR, soul tether, geofri crest, few unique jewels... how that build works without all of that?

Also, what are desired stats on rare weapon (before I manage to find any of uniques u suggested)

The build start to shine when you get most of the basic suggested items, some are for QoL, some for dps boosts, and some for defense. The build can still function well without those items but probably up to yellow tier before you feel the wall, but accessing most of these items will not be too difficult.

These are the downside if you are missing those mentioned stuff:
1. 150% cdr - you have to recast brands some of the time, but will feels annoying when the mana cost get higher with more fevered mind
2. soul tether - huge defense boost due to life leech not removed at full life
3. geofri crest - can be replace if you managed to get +2 gem level shield or get cdr from boots, but this item drop quite frequently
4. Fevered mind jewel - each socketed give large dps boost to the build, but take some time to eventually get them all.

This build give some nice progression feel with all the items you can chase for. That's also one of the reason I get this build to lv100 in SSF.

For rare weapon, +1 to all spell gem will help achieving the cdr required but it is very difficult to roll the mod. Mostly the weapon should focus on mana, cast speed, lightning damage/spell damage and lightning as extra chaos. +1 to lightning gem is fine.
Thank you very much for the explanation!

"
jitkang wrote:
"
Hi,
I am having a blast with the build. Finally got the helm to drop. some questions:

1. How do you determine/calculate that we need 150% CDR?
2. Without the Geofri's crest, is there any other way to achieve 150% CDR?

Thanks

Basically, the CD of any skills in the game is determine by the formula:

Final CD = 1 / ( 1 + CDR) * skill default CD

where in other words, CDR required to achieve certain CD:

CDR required = (skill default CD / desired CD) - 1

As an example for brand recall, the default cooldown timer is 3 seconds. To achieve permanent storm brand uptime, we need at least 1.2s cooldown for brand recall, since brand recall refresh brands timer by 1.2s. So, CDR required will be:

( 3.0s / 1.2s ) - 1 = 1.5 (150% CDR)

However, due to server latency which is not 0ms, we need a little more CDR to get brand recall cooldown lower than 1.2s, but 150% CDR is most likely sufficient most of the time.

Without the helmet, you can still get some CDR from other sources such as belt (not recommended due to soul tether), and boots (15% CDR). Otherwise you can use +2 solaris/lunaris shield with the lost of perma Arcane Surge (you still get Arcane Surge during fight). Some people think perma brand uptime is a meme, but for this build it is QoL as you don't have to recast high mana cost brands all the time.
Playing SSF,

Still in Tabula

lvl 93 Sirus Down, Shaper Down, Elder Down

to be continued :)
IGN:Sirdec
"
sirdec wrote:
Playing SSF,

Still in Tabula

You got great gear at L93! Did the amulet, belt, and glove drop for you? I have been chancing like crazy, but nothing shows up.
"
sirdec wrote:
Playing SSF,

Still in Tabula

Gratz and good luck, also you forgot to anoint your amulet ;)
oops wrong post
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 3:22:11 AM
I just made it to maps, farmed Humility for Tabula and I must admit its feeling really good. Got 2 questions tho

-Leech and Soul Tether, how exactly are we leeching? Im not sure I get it, but only way to get back hp/mana is to use flask

-Non jewel tree - I'm SSF, lvl 73 and I'm almost done with my tree, all I need right now is to alocate some jewel sockets. But, I dont have any good jewels yet. Is there alternative I could alocate until I got better jewels?
"
maciek2g wrote:
I just made it to maps, farmed Humility for Tabula and I must admit its feeling really good. Got 2 questions tho

-Leech and Soul Tether, how exactly are we leeching? Im not sure I get it, but only way to get back hp/mana is to use flask

-Non jewel tree - I'm SSF, lvl 73 and I'm almost done with my tree, all I need right now is to alocate some jewel sockets. But, I dont have any good jewels yet. Is there alternative I could alocate until I got better jewels?

Glad you like the build! Just to answer your question:

- We are leeching through Hierophant ascendancy, spell leech while having arcane surge. Since we have perma arcane surge, we can leech all the time with storm brand. Make sure you don't choose the wrong ascendancy!

- If you don't have good jewel, just grab nearby life for more survivability or mana for more damage. You should corrupt as much cobalt jewel as possible to get some fevered mind soon. Sometime you can just roll something on your jewel to use them in SSF, nothing have to be perfect at first.

Good luck and all the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info