3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Hi Everyone,

I feel like my build has hit a wall, any tips are welcomed.

I also got my hands on some aspect of the spider gloves but I can't seem to work that in with all the other mana reserved.

I also find myself sometimes being 1 shot. :(

Thanks!
"
Far_Q_up wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I also got my hands on some aspect of the spider gloves but I can't seem to work that in with all the other mana reserved.

Thanks!

For Aspect of the Spider, you need to take the Sovereignty wheel on the skill tree. You'll be able to activate it after, with 1% mana left, which is "maybe" enough to use your cyclone setup. If not, just grab 1 or 2 1% reduce mana reserved jewel somewhere. The damage is pretty minimal, but if you can fit it in, it's a nice addon. Also, it's kind of an automated Temp Chain movement speed debuff, which is always nice.

I noticed in PoB that your Chaos resistance is 28%...which is a HUGE problem, since you're using Divine Flesh. You basically take MORE elemental damage then you should. So cap at 80%+ your chaos resistance as soon as possible.

Damage tips:
Spoiler

As for damage, with Primordial Chain, it's a bit hard to push it any higher. There are couple ways, like

- Necromantic Aegis with Victario Charity shield
Pros: A bit more damage. Get Chieftains spectres buffs, without the need of keeping them alive
Cons: Waste a lot of skill points

- 2H weapon with a +6 empower, and you crank up the attack speed/cooldown ratio of your golems for machine gun slams
Pros: Massive slam damage and speed (They are like little rolling machine guns lol), higher regen, don't need to rework the whole build.
Cons: Can be tricky to set the attack speed / cooldown ratio. Usually need perfect Harmony Jewels. Need a 7-12ex weapon and an empower 4

- Use a +1 / +2 amulet and go spectres (Frenzy, Power Charges)
Pros: Easy and massive damage boost. Can fit some interesting stats on the amulet, such as minimum endurance charges, chaos resistance, life, etc. You can now run some spectres (Damage boost and/or damage mitigation)
Cons: Can be quite expensive to craft. Spectres might have hard time surviving if you don't provide a +2/3 helm with Minion Life Support. Your golems now move sloooooowly (still viable tho)

You can also, if you want to keep your build like it is, You can get Large Cluster jewels with 3 usefull passives, like Rotten Claws, Renewal and Vicious Bite.

Survivability tips:
Spoiler

- Your lightning resistance is not capped on PoB
- You could try to get Large Cluster jewels with Rotten Claws, Renewal and Primordial Bond (<-- regen and phys damage reduction)
- The classic CWDT + Immortal Call always nice. But be aware that it cancel your Vaal Molten Shell when it triggers. Normal molten shell and immortal call prevent each other to trigger, if one has triggered recently
- You have no Freeze, Curse immunity flasks.
- You have two % increased armour flasks, which is useless, cause they don't stack

My tanky variant:
Spoiler

And, you could also rework the whole thing into Carrion Golems, but that require a lot of changes on skill tree, gear and gems. I'm running those, and it's a slightly edited version of the build. You can take a look if you want https://pastebin.com/v3f2Lnyp. It is very tanky, I haven't died since lvl 90 (My AG did die once to Acid Cavern boss/invasion lol). Can get beam by Sirus, slap by Shaper, Kosis, AFK in Delve 300+, Syndicate Members and Metamorph feel like they are hitting with a plastic spoon, Guardians, Conquerors and Maven fights are a joke. The only thing the build can't maybe survive (Didn't tried honestly, didn't want to waste XP lol) is Sirus meteor. And the damage is still pretty decent, even tho i sacrificed a good chunk of it to invest into defenses.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 17, 2021, 3:25:40 PM
Thanks for your tips!

"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
Far_Q_up wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

For Aspect of the Spider, you need to take the Sovereignty wheel on the skill tree. You'll be able to activate it after, with 1% mana left, which is "maybe" enough to use your cyclone setup. If not, just grab 1 or 2 1% reduce mana reserved jewel somewhere. The damage is pretty minimal, but if you can fit it in, it's a nice addon. Also, it's kind of an automated Temp Chain movement speed debuff, which is always nice.

I noticed in PoB that your Chaos resistance is 28%...which is a HUGE problem, since you're using Divine Flesh. You basically take MORE elemental damage then you should. So cap at 80%+ your chaos resistance as soon as possible.

Damage tips:
Spoiler

As for damage, with Primordial Chain, it's a bit hard to push it any higher. There are couple ways, like

- Necromantic Aegis with Victario Charity shield
Pros: A bit more damage. Get Chieftains spectres buffs, without the need of keeping them alive
Cons: Waste a lot of skill points

- 2H weapon with a +6 empower, and you crank up the attack speed/cooldown ratio of your golems for machine gun slams
Pros: Massive slam damage and speed (They are like little rolling machine guns lol), higher regen, don't need to rework the whole build.
Cons: Can be tricky to set the attack speed / cooldown ratio. Usually need perfect Harmony Jewels. Need a 7-12ex weapon and an empower 4

- Use a +1 / +2 amulet and go spectres (Frenzy, Power Charges)
Pros: Easy and massive damage boost. Can fit some interesting stats on the amulet, such as minimum endurance charges, chaos resistance, life, etc. You can now run some spectres (Damage boost and/or damage mitigation)
Cons: Can be quite expensive to craft. Spectres might have hard time surviving if you don't provide a +2/3 helm with Minion Life Support. Your golems now move sloooooowly (still viable tho)

You can also, if you want to keep your build like it is, You can get Large Cluster jewels with 3 usefull passives, like Rotten Claws, Renewal and Vicious Bite.

Survivability tips:
Spoiler

- Your lightning resistance is not capped on PoB
- You could try to get Large Cluster jewels with Rotten Claws, Renewal and Primordial Bond (<-- regen and phys damage reduction)
- The classic CWDT + Immortal Call always nice. But be aware that it cancel your Vaal Molten Shell when it triggers. Normal molten shell and immortal call prevent each other to trigger, if one has triggered recently
- You have no Freeze, Curse immunity flasks.
- You have two % increased armour flasks, which is useless, cause they don't stack

My tanky variant:
Spoiler

And, you could also rework the whole thing into Carrion Golems, but that require a lot of changes on skill tree, gear and gems. I'm running those, and it's a slightly edited version of the build. You can take a look if you want https://pastebin.com/v3f2Lnyp. It is very tanky, I haven't died since lvl 90 (My AG did die once to Acid Cavern boss/invasion lol). Can get beam by Sirus, slap by Shaper, Kosis, AFK in Delve 300+, Syndicate Members and Metamorph feel like they are hitting with a plastic spoon, Guardians, Conquerors and Maven fights are a joke. The only thing the build can't maybe survive (Didn't tried honestly, didn't want to waste XP lol) is Sirus meteor. And the damage is still pretty decent, even tho i sacrificed a good chunk of it to invest into defenses.
I just did it Sirus 8 with this build and it's fucking tanky but I'm struggling a LOT with the damage... The combat tooks around 10 mins.
Any tips to improve my dmg?
I did this build a few leagues ago, and it was an amazing tank and a ton of damage. Now the damage is gone....

Stones got nerfed a lot it seems.
"
zeldicx wrote:
I just did it Sirus 8 with this build and it's fucking tanky but I'm struggling a LOT with the damage... The combat tooks around 10 mins.
Any tips to improve my dmg?

Stone Golems are harder to scale then Carrion Golems. I would suggest switching to those, with 2 Large Cluster Jewels and 4 Medium Cluster Jewels. This is easily 5 times the damage of your current setup with (based on the numbers i get from your current setup on PoB), the same or more survivability value.

But, if you want to keep Stone Golems in, then first thing is to use 2 Cold Iron Point. It's litterally double damage just that alone... Your scepter with +2 just can't provide enough damage.

Another solution is to use a 2H weapon with empower 4 to boost your Stone Golem attack speed (and so, boost the slam rate, along with more % cdr Harmony), but this is about the same damage numbers as 2x CIP, but more expensive and "kind of" faster mapping.

You could also drop Primordial Chain and use a +2 gem amulet and use spectres for a significative damage boost.

Currently your Attack Speed/Cooldown ratio is a bit too "wide", your cooldown is much more faster then the attack rate of your golem, which means that there's a damage potential that you're missing there.

See this fake example made with Paint here :

Spoiler

Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 22, 2021, 2:17:53 PM
"
DFA1 wrote:
I did this build a few leagues ago, and it was an amazing tank and a ton of damage. Now the damage is gone....

Stones got nerfed a lot it seems.

First, your Primordial Chain rolls are really bad (-44% dmg), you should definitely fix that as soon as possible (It's 14% dmg boost).

Your Attack Speed / Cooldown ratio isn't right, the cooldown is too low for the attack rate of your golems, which means HUGE damage loss there. Most of your Harmony jewels have a bad Cooldown roll, you should also fix that as soon as possible, cause this is making your build perform at lot worst then it should. The damage numbers of your build in PoB are actually pretty decent for a Primordial Chain version.

Again, like I said in previous posts, to get better performance out of this build, I would suggest to switch to Carrion Golems, for better damage and easier scaling.

And yeah, Stone Golems got hit harder then Carrion Golems (even if the % less was lower). This is mainly due to the fact that they are way slower then Carrion Golems while attacking. By the time Stone slam once, the Carrion has already spiked the ennemy a lot lol.

Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 22, 2021, 2:19:54 PM
Hello, long time Stone Golemancer here.
This build is quite strong, dare I say, better than last league.
- Stone Golem AI got fixed, meaning they are back to constant slamming
- Elemental Aegis offers a new layer of defense vs elemental damage
- We can now shock enemies for a bonus 16.5% thanks to Shaper of Storms if I understand my POB properly
- If you want to be different, you can switch it up with Shaper of Winter to chill all enemies and slow them down, even bosses.

This is pretty much my only character. I used it as a starter with nothing (I can post a decent guide on that if there's some interest) and then gradually bought my gear and primordial jewelry as I grinded my way up to red maps.

Doing about 1.4 million dps per golem, so almost about 10 million. If you buy some more expensive awakened gems, you can surpass 11 million. You can kill anything fairly easily.

And that's after I chose to drop two primordial jewels for Born of Chaos and a Glorious Vanity. You're not indestructible, but it takes a lot to kill you with84% chaos res and elemental aegis running.

Oh, and an important note, Shaper of Storms does NOT trigger with Storm Brand due to the Cold Iron Points. You'll need to use Penance Brand that inflicts some physical damage to inflict shock.

Here's my gear for reference.
Hello all!

I think i'm pretty much done with the build now (couple tweaks and divines here and there, but i'm satisfied), I've been testing different setups this my final version with Carrion Golems, for those who are interested.

It's really really hard to die with this setup (have died once to Delve's darkness, thanks to lag, so not really the build's neither my fault lol, since level 90). Damage is still pretty good (althought lower then in 3.12), but still insta phase all bosses, clear juiced maps, 100% delirous maps, simulacrums, maven, etc. easily.

Build details:
Spoiler

A helmet with +2/+3 socketed minion gems AND Minion Life (the gem or the mod, like I have on my helm) is pretty much required for endgame content, otherwise zombies and spectres (especially chieftains) are going to die pretty easily all the time, and you risk your AG if he doesn't have insane gear.

I prefer Juju for the huge tankiness, aura effects and easy chaos resistance, but a +1/+1 amulet, with +1 minimum endurance charge is also a really good (and high-end) alternative.

I was finally able to craft something similar to the staff we had in Harvest league for pretty cheap.

But, 2x CIP also work perfectly

2x

4x

1x (Not mandatory, but a substantial damage mitigation)

The usual golem jewels (at least 2 Harmony and 1 Eminence)

Divine Flesh to mitigate Chaos/Elemental damage

Foridden Taste is nice for insta regen and phasing. Rumi's is always good. Taste of Hate actually makes the build able to tank more phys damage, by converting it to cold, which is 50% mitigated by the 83% max chaos resistance. Finally, a curse immunity flask is a must.

The damage is far from what it was in 3.12, but still good. Defenses are actually better, thanks to Bastion of Elements new ascendancy node.

League started with it and build it for 17-20ex. (Including crafting the helm and cluster jewels, but not other rares) (Now it's cheaper, mid-league)
Upgraded rare pieces for ~10ex.
Then, finally 1-2ex of adjustements (flasks, divines, harvest min-max crafting, etc.)
For a total of 28-32ex (with league start prices, so a bit cheaper now)

The staff price is hard quantify, actally got really lucky to get the base for 7ex.... for a total crafting cost ofu 10ex. But, similar/better ones are available on trade for at least 40ex. So, including the real staff cost/craft cost, it would require a total of ~80-120ex.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/td5Y5W6n (Doesn't include AG damage buffs like Culling Strike, Crit, etc.)

"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
Hello all!

I think i'm pretty much done with the build now (couple tweaks and divines here and there, but i'm satisfied), I've been testing different setups this my final version with Carrion Golems, for those who are interested.

It's really really hard to die with this setup (have died once to Delve's darkness, thanks to lag, so not really the build's neither my fault lol, since level 90). Damage is still pretty good (althought lower then in 3.12), but still insta phase all bosses, clear juiced maps, 100% delirous maps, simulacrums, maven, etc. easily.

Build details:
Spoiler

A helmet with +2/+3 socketed minion gems AND Minion Life (the gem or the mod, like I have on my helm) is pretty much required for endgame content, otherwise zombies and spectres (especially chieftains) are going to die pretty easily all the time, and you risk your AG if he doesn't have insane gear.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I prefer Juju for the huge tankiness, aura effects and easy chaos resistance, but a +1/+1 amulet, with +1 minimum endurance charge is also a really good (and high-end) alternative.

Unavailable

I was finally able to craft something similar to the staff we had in Harvest league for pretty cheap.
Unavailable

But, 2x CIP also work perfectly
Unavailable

2x
Unavailable

4x
Unavailable

1x (Not mandatory, but a substantial damage mitigation)
Unavailable

The usual golem jewels (at least 2 Harmony and 1 Eminence)
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Divine Flesh to mitigate Chaos/Elemental damage
Unavailable

Foridden Taste is nice for insta regen and phasing. Rumi's is always good. Taste of Hate actually makes the build able to tank more phys damage, by converting it to cold, which is 50% mitigated by the 83% max chaos resistance. Finally, a curse immunity flask is a must.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The damage is far from what it was in 3.12, but still good. Defenses are actually better, thanks to Bastion of Elements new ascendancy node.

League started with it and build it for 17-20ex. (Including crafting the helm and cluster jewels, but not other rares) (Now it's cheaper, mid-league)
Upgraded rare pieces for ~10ex.
Then, finally 1-2ex of adjustements (flasks, divines, harvest min-max crafting, etc.)
For a total of 28-32ex (with league start prices, so a bit cheaper now)

The staff price is hard quantify, actally got really lucky to get the base for 7ex.... for a total crafting cost ofu 10ex. But, similar/better ones are available on trade for at least 40ex. So, including the real staff cost/craft cost, it would require a total of ~80-120ex.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/td5Y5W6n (Doesn't include AG damage buffs like Culling Strike, Crit, etc.)

Stats looks bad, man...
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info