3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
RawDamage wrote:
Thanks for reply, will check cyclone variant. But my question still the same, most golem elementalists from poe.ninja have this ascendancy, but does not have hit skill. How this works for them? (flame dash hits or what? they don't have any skill that hit and I really interested in mechanics, so I need to know how they use this ascendancy)
p.s. this is all 100lvl players currenty, without hit. so how? :)
My only thoughts is enchant on gloves that hit?

Possibly. I'm not too sure tbh. I imagine they are either Hitting with their travel power, or with whatever they are using to trigger their curses/s.

Or perhaps they used the ascendancy while leveling, but ignore it in end-game.
"
chloris143 wrote:

Bro do you have a POB on your build? how much damage does your carrions do?
Thank you.

I don't have a personal PoB, but it's pretty much the exact same build, with just a couple of tweaks. I also opt for Stone Golems.

Here is a very similar setup to what I'm using: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Db9IB0J7/one_love_simulacrum

The only difference is, I'm using CWDT to trigger Molten Shell, Convocation and curse.

As for damage, it's good clear and excellent bossing. Survivability is off the charts, especially if you dip into the fortify nodes on tree.

I also applied the Cleansing Thoughts annoint to my boots, which doubles your Chaos Res. That goes a long way towards justifying using the Stampede boots in the first place.

EDIT: It should be mentioned that I don't go for optimization. This is purely for the laziest experience. I like to watch tv shows and movies while I whizz around maps.
Last edited by WaywornExile on Jan 30, 2021, 6:20:10 AM
Spoiler
"
Sergeles wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
lordzetal wrote:
I am looking to replay this build for this season once i finish gettin gall the items.. i am just wondering any major changes to the path of building for it or anthing of note for change other than using carrion golem due to stone golem nerf?

For the tree : I would say don't go for 3 large clusters, you're spending too much skill points for small benefits (Was also true in 3.11 and 3.12, but now it's even more). Instead use 2 large clusters and 4 mediums (top left tree, middle right tree). Double curses might not be as good as before (can't grab it without anoint now). Might want to anoint something else. You'll want Bastions of Elements for the 3rd ascendancy node, it's really insane right now defense-wise.

For the gems : Pretty much the same. With ofc small changes if going carrion (Btw Stone Golems still viable, but the nerf just makes carrion even more interesting now)

For the items : Stampede are a good low budget option, but you'll definitely want to use some good rare boots instead, it's just going to be easier on resistances, life, QoL, etc. Also, like I said in a previous post, you now want to have a good helmet pretty early (+2-3 minion gems, also minion life support) so your spectres can survive Delirium and juiced red maps.

"
Sergeles wrote:

You mentioned to pick up 2 medium clusters... what are you focusing on with those medium clusters? more life or more minion damage? any recommended notables for those?

Both, Damage and Life.

I actually aim for Dread March (minion survivability) and Renewal (Damage and Survivability).
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Jan 31, 2021, 10:14:11 AM
Spoiler
"
chloris143 wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
As of 3.13.0, this build still crush end-game with ease, no major problems at all. The only significative difference from 3.12, is that you don't instant-melt T16 juiced maps with poor geat like before, you need to invest a bit for it (in 3.12, we were able to crush it with about no gear).

Also, the Bastion of Elements ascendancy node is insane so far. The Primal Aegis skill granted by that node, gives a huge elemental damage shield on top of Divine Flesh, which feels really good.

Spectres are fine with the gem level nerf, but if you're using Jinx Juju (like I am), your chieftains (carnage, host), are going to die from time to time, especially in delirious red maps, if you don't provide minion life support (e.g. elder helm) and an empower is also a good addon.

"
chloris143 wrote:

Hi Big!

Currently running necro carrion but survival is shit and next upgrade is too damn expensive!. Do you mind sharing your POB for reference?

Thank you!

This is my current build with about 17-20ex into it.

https://pastebin.com/nBcyyd1K

Yeah Necro version is quite expensive to start, you need to inject a good amount of currency, for the build the start feeling good.

Elementalist is just way cheaper to start, and you get a ton more defenses for minor investments compared to Necro.
But, Necro has a higher ceiling if you want to invest more and more currency into it.

Note that Profane Proxy is not the BiS, it's technically a "bad" overall choice, but I really like the QoL that it provide and early on, because of the damage nerf to elementalist ascendancy, golems need the extra damage from the instantly applied curse.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Jan 31, 2021, 10:21:56 AM
"
RawDamage wrote:
"

You should consider the Cyclone variant of this build. It's very strong.

The setup is: Cyclone - CwC - Fortify - Flesh Offering

And if you wear The Stampede boots, you can Cyclone around at super speed.

If you enjoy automation (i.e. being a lazy bugger like me), it's great. I've actually made everything in this build automated. I hold right mouse button, I loot, that's it.

Thanks for reply, will check cyclone variant. But my question still the same, most golem elementalists from poe.ninja have this ascendancy, but does not have hit skill. How this works for them? (flame dash hits or what? they don't have any skill that hit and I really interested in mechanics, so I need to know how they use this ascendancy)
p.s. this is all 100lvl players currenty, without hit. so how? :)
My only thoughts is enchant on gloves that hit?

I was trying to figure this out too. The only thing I’ve found is that most of them have a glove enchant that procs when they take a crit, so maybe that applies it every now and then and they just treat that ascendency as a bonus they get sometimes but don’t actively trigger.
From patch notes:

"The Stone Golem's Attack Range has been increased, and will now use its Slab Slam and Rolling Stone skills more often."

The attack range on Slam is obviously great, but I wonder how "Slam...more often" will translate, with regards to how we balance attack speed and Harmony cooldowns.

Any of you smart enough to do some quick calculations?
"
From patch notes:

"The Stone Golem's Attack Range has been increased, and will now use its Slab Slam and Rolling Stone skills more often."

The attack range on Slam is obviously great, but I wonder how "Slam...more often" will translate, with regards to how we balance attack speed and Harmony cooldowns.

Any of you smart enough to do some quick calculations?

Also, another thing, the "buff" also apply to the Rolling Stone ability, which we don't want the Golem to use (cause it's bad, the dmg is low and the animation is slow aswell). So I wonder if now the Stone Golem are going to use that Rolling Stone skill also more. If, in a worst case scenario, they start to alternate between Slam and Rolling Stone on cooldown, because they "now use it more often", that would litterally make the Stone Golem usable.
i have an issue with this build!
every time any golem dies, the resurrected golem is always stone golem instead of carrion golem, its getting really annoying having to deal with this( i haven't reserved skitterbots as i need mana to constantly change stone to carrion golems)

any help?
"
junkypic011 wrote:
Playing this in Ritual legue. It works fine, the nerf to the timeless jewel is annoying but not breaking.

Doing T16 fully juiced with a problem. Currently lvl 93.

https://i.imgur.com/yo3IBej.png

Hey, do you have enough mana to run flesh and stone, pride, dread banner and aspect of the crab? or you just don't use aspect of the crab at all?
"
salluks wrote:
i have an issue with this build!
every time any golem dies, the resurrected golem is always stone golem instead of carrion golem, its getting really annoying having to deal with this( i haven't reserved skitterbots as i need mana to constantly change stone to carrion golems)

any help?

- You're a bit low level, getting a couple more levels will definitely makes it better

- Swap out a couple Primordial Eminence for some Primordial Harmony (those gives massive regen to golems). Usually you want a 50/50 ratio between Harmony/Eminence with a priority on Harmony jewels or to use the mix that gives the most damage (e.g. If you have 4 sockets available, you want to use 2 Harmony and 2 Eminence. If you have 5 sockets available, you want to use 3 Harmony and 2 Eminence, etc.) For your current setup, I suggest to use 3 Harmony and 2 Eminence. That will more then double the regen of your Carrion Golems and will help a lot.

- I suggest you unallocate all damage nodes you have on the skill tree (except for the wheel of Gravepact), and use those skill points on up to 4 of those Medium Cluster Jewels :

With Renewal and Dead March being the important mods here. Those are going to gives massive survivability to all your minions, aswell as giving then a serious damage increase. For example, your Carrion Golems went from 19k life and 700 regen to 26k life and 3.6k regen.

Also those a pretty cheap to buy and/or to craft (especially if you have access some chaos/life harvest crafts). You can use 4-5 passives Medium Cluster Jewels, but not 6 passives.

- Also, getting an helmet, would help lol. You currently have none on your profile. One with +2-3 and Socketed gems are supported by Minion Life 16-20 would help making your zombies, AG and Spectres survive well.

Here is an edited version of your current build on PoB, with :
- edited skill tree
- changes to the amount of Harmony/Eminence
- medium cluster jewels

https://pastebin.com/sGHpGQGH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info