[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
Elua wrote:
This build is simply terrible in terms of levelling and bad gear char power. It's awful. BB/BV on junk gear can have 20x this build power and survivability.

This isn't a starter build. This build doesn't really even start until you have the cluster jewels and required uniques. Kind of have to play something else until you get to that point. This build is like a house where it has to be 95% complete before it is even usable for its stated purpose. If you try to move in when the framing is done of course the house won't work. BB/BV are great starters but don't scale nearly as hard.
How much currency would it take to be able to do 2 player hp "The Hidden" with 70%+ quant?
"
NinjaBlazin wrote:
How much currency would it take to be able to do 2 player hp "The Hidden" with 70%+ quant?

I was putting together a rough excel sheet of prices and it looks like about 20-25 ex to get the build up and running. Probably at least double that for what you are asking but really not sure what is required.

Sorry for crappy formatting, this doesn't transfer well from excel. Prices are in chaos.

Item buy price note
core
-indigon well rolled (no enchant) 150 can snipe for 80-100c
-Cloak of defiance 6l 350 buy a well rolled one without links and a fated connections prophecy
-2* Medium cluster with liquid inspiration and distilled perfection 400*2 these are craftable for less or 30-40c for single notable
-2*Weapons 40+ The link that he gives shows weapons for less than 10c but price goes up a lot with more/better mods
-Omeyacon well rolled 140
-glove 40
-belt 40
-dream fragments well rolled or mana ring 5
-Atziri's foible well rolled 20 lot of these on the market corrupted with anoints already
-Essence worm 3
-watcher's eye 280
-vigil jewel 1
-viridian jewels*5ish 100 these vary a LOT in price, this is a guestimate
-healthy mind 5
-Flasks 50 most expensive basic flasks are quicksilver of adrenaline and enduring mana. dying sun or bottled faith will be a lot more
-level 21 ball lightning 10
-level 21 arcane cloak 5
-1 large cluster (see below) 300

highly recommended
-Large cluster w/disorienting and scintillating and 3rd notable 350 this is for heiro version, sabo doesn't need distorting display. Stormdrinker is also good
-Large cluster w/ scintillating, widespread, and snowstorm 250 snowstorm only works if using skitterbots or if critting with added cold damage
-2* Medium cluster with liquid inspiration and distilled perfection 400*2 these are craftable for less or 30-40c for single notable

luxury upgrades
-anomalous clarity 300
-vigil (corrupted blood implicit) 320
-unnatural instinct 500
-divergent berserk 450
-lethal pride (akoya for chainbreaker 30
-divergent arcane cloak 680
-divergent arcane surge 150
-divergent righteous fire 10
divergent vaal RF 600
-divergent skitterbots 370
dual influence belt
dual influence gloves
-bottled faith 500
Last edited by Optaka on Feb 17, 2021, 10:31:48 AM
Hi all, someone plz take a look on my setup, i cant get it to run, i spend over 120ex on gear and stil cant do t16 maps.
/thx
"
Hi all, someone plz take a look on my setup, i cant get it to run, i spend over 120ex on gear and stil cant do t16 maps.
/thx

HERE IS THE RIGTH CHARACTER
Quick question --

Which gems should I have in my chest for a 5L?

Thanks, looking forward to giving this a shot with my old lightning trap maces :)
I want to rock right meow
"
MarkArne wrote:
"
/thx

Well, your gear and gems look fine, even better than mine here and there. You have alternate quality gems where advised and even the 20/20 divergent Ball Lightning, but:

1) One minor thing:
a) your boots enchant is useless for this build (because you don't need attack or cast speed, but also because YOU do NOT kill, your mines DO),

2) One moderate thing:
b) you have no life on your belt and on your rare ring.

How much life do you have in total? You should have no less than 3000.

3) Two MAJOR things:
c) your mana flask should be "of Warding",
d) your quatrz flask should be "of Order".

So you are vulnerable to curses and to stun, which may explain why you are dying.

Fix c) and d) and have at least 3000 life and you should be generally fine in T16's. I am doing OK (at lvl96). However, this build is not immortal. Even a random rogue Metamorph one-shot me twice today.
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Feb 20, 2021, 4:53:20 PM
"
MarkArne wrote:

Why do you use simple Righteous Fire? Only Vaal version is reasonable. It gives spell gain and no damage for yourself.
Last edited by AVDem on Feb 21, 2021, 1:14:13 PM
"
AVDem wrote:
"
MarkArne wrote:

Why do you use simple Righteous Fire? Only Vaal version is reasonable. It gives spell gain and no damage for yourself.

Both versions are reasonable. You can sustain normal RF throughout maps and burst with Vaal RF for Bosses/rituals etc.

But, in terms of the gem choice, it should be of course one Vaal RF gem (ideally divergent one).
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Feb 22, 2021, 3:36:17 AM
Can I please get some help? I'm trying to copy Akane's build and I'm about 60 ex into the it and I still occasionally get gibbed to stuff I shouldn't be dying to (can't kill Sirus or scoured 10-boss area Maven fights). When watching Grimro's video he was up over 250k dps on his ball lightning but mine only gets up around 25k. I know my gear and mana pool aren't what Grimro has, but only 10% of his damage seems outrageous after how much I've spent on this.

My MH and OH weapons are both works in progress but neither is terrible. Even though I've completely specced into harvest with area points and stones the damned things spawn so rarely its been impossible to finish them. My gear is not min maxxed but I certainly didn't get dumpy intro gear, all the rolls are fairly solid. I ran out of ex so I don't have a 2nd large cluster set yet. Once I get another 12 ex or so I'll be able to afford the large, 2 mediums, and 2 smalls to finish out the clusters.

To play the build, I'm spamming my potions constantly, I use vigilant strike, beserk, and arcane cloak on CD. I use sigil on my left click and I use bear trap on bosses. Other than that I just hold down my ball lightning and det mines buttons for constant damage. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated whether it be how I'm playing the build or some glaring gear/spec error that I've overlooked.

The character in question is ScionaraBaby.
Last edited by msdunkel on Feb 22, 2021, 9:17:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info