[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
msdunkel wrote:
Can I please get some help? I'm trying to copy Akane's build and I'm about 60 ex into the it and I still occasionally get gibbed to stuff I shouldn't be dying to (can't kill Sirus or scoured 10-boss area Maven fights). When watching Grimro's video he was up over 250k dps on his ball lightning but mine only gets up around 25k. I know my gear and mana pool aren't what Grimro has, but only 10% of his damage seems outrageous after how much I've spent on this.

My MH and OH weapons are both works in progress but neither is terrible. Even though I've completely specced into harvest with area points and stones the damned things spawn so rarely its been impossible to finish them. My gear is not min maxxed but I certainly didn't get dumpy intro gear, all the rolls are fairly solid. I ran out of ex so I don't have a 2nd large cluster set yet. Once I get another 12 ex or so I'll be able to afford the large, 2 mediums, and 2 smalls to finish out the clusters.

To play the build, I'm spamming my potions constantly, I use vigilant strike, beserk, and arcane cloak on CD. I use sigil on my left click and I use bear trap on bosses. Other than that I just hold down my ball lightning and det mines buttons for constant damage. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated whether it be how I'm playing the build or some glaring gear/spec error that I've overlooked.

The character in question is ScionaraBaby.

Hey I had a quick look in PoB at your character. The first thing I notice is your life is a bit low, you probably want to aim for around 3k or else you can get instagibbed. You can grab a couple of life nodes down the bottom of the tree - Heart of Oak and Thick Skin. While you are down at Thick Skin grab Wind Dancer too, that will help against big hits. Heart of Oak will also help with stun immunity. I guess you are probably using Brine King pantheon for stun immunity at the moment. But if you use Heart of Oak and craft 50% chance to avoid stun on a flask you should be nearly stun immune, you can get a crafted jewel with 10% stun immunity too so you can hit 100% during flask effect. You can drop the frenzy charges for some more points and drop the small cluster jewels for now if you need extra jewel slots. Ideally you want to get to around 95 so you can use the second set of cluster jewels.

You can also drop the essence worm, I found the skitterbots don't help that much. Use the slot to add a ring with T1 life and decent mana and any resists you need. I'd aim for some chaos resist too. If you can get some on gloves belt and the ring slot that will help a lot, then fill out the rest with jewels. Speaking of jewels, getting 1 vigil jewel and putting it in the scion starting jewel slot would be a good idea. It will make your fortify last over 30 seconds. That will make it easier to keep fortify up 100% of the time, without fortify you have basically no physical mitigation apart from dodge. One last thing would be a quartz flask instead of a sulphur one, that should get your dodge up to near cap and the phasing is nice too. Also you can try a Divine Mana flask, it doesn't last as long but will regenerate a lot more mana per second.

On to the damage, 25k should be fine for bosses. You have to make sure your popping all your mines during the 4seconds after you pop arcane cloak as that is when the build indigon will be giving you max dps. After this 4 seconds you won't be doing much damage. Also you don't want to use enhance or any quality on arcane cloak until you get Divergant arcane cloak, this is because the indigion buff only lasts 4 seconds and the quality on arcane cloak makes arcane cloak last longer. You want to be using arcane cloak as much as possible so the shorter it lasts the more times you can activate it. I hope that makes sense. Speaking of Arcane Cloak once you get Divergant Arcane Cloak that will be about 30% more dps too.

Put that level 4 enhance in your weapon to use with Divergant Berserk, it will make a big difference. as every % in quality adds 1% more dps. Currently you only have a lvl 2 enhance in there. Also if you can get a weapon with +2 to support skills that will be a huge dps increase too for Berserk. Honestly you should have enough dps without it though, it will just make bosses die a lot faster. Your main hand weapon looks a bit weak, I'd probably swap to something with some more crit/spell damage/crit multi until you finish crafting your current weapon.

Finally you can try Blazing Salvo instead of Ball Lightning, it will give you a lot more upfront dps. If you try this swap slower proj for trap and mine damage.

That should give you a few tips to start with. I've managed to clear almost everything deathless (haven't attempted Maven yet, memory game too scary lol) without using berserk of divergant arcane cloak so far.

Edit - Also just noticed you have high level gems in your trigger weapon, these can cause you get get 1 shot by reflect if they trigger during the indigon buff. If you drop down to lvl 1 gems you don't really need to worry about it.
Last edited by Silenoz on Feb 23, 2021, 12:24:26 AM
"
msdunkel wrote:
Can I please get some help? I'm trying to copy Akane's build and I'm about 60 ex into the it and I still occasionally get gibbed to stuff I shouldn't be dying to (can't kill Sirus or scoured 10-boss area Maven fights). When watching Grimro's video he was up over 250k dps on his ball lightning but mine only gets up around 25k. I know my gear and mana pool aren't what Grimro has, but only 10% of his damage seems outrageous after how much I've spent on this.

My MH and OH weapons are both works in progress but neither is terrible. Even though I've completely specced into harvest with area points and stones the damned things spawn so rarely its been impossible to finish them. My gear is not min maxxed but I certainly didn't get dumpy intro gear, all the rolls are fairly solid. I ran out of ex so I don't have a 2nd large cluster set yet. Once I get another 12 ex or so I'll be able to afford the large, 2 mediums, and 2 smalls to finish out the clusters.

To play the build, I'm spamming my potions constantly, I use vigilant strike, beserk, and arcane cloak on CD. I use sigil on my left click and I use bear trap on bosses. Other than that I just hold down my ball lightning and det mines buttons for constant damage. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated whether it be how I'm playing the build or some glaring gear/spec error that I've overlooked.

Yes, this is intriguing that Grimpoe'a tooltip DPS was showing 250k, when even AKANE's tooltip was showing 89k DPS in her(?) recent Q&A videos.... Also 8,4k mana vs. 7.4k mana difference. My tooltip DPS is reaching 50k, but in PoB I am just 10-20% less DPS than AKANE.
"
Silenoz wrote:
"
msdunkel wrote:

Hey I had a quick look in PoB at your character. The first thing I notice is your life is a bit low, you probably want to aim for around 3k or else you can get instagibbed. You can grab a couple of life nodes down the bottom of the tree - Heart of Oak and Thick Skin. While you are down at Thick Skin grab Wind Dancer too, that will help against big hits. Heart of Oak will also help with stun immunity. I guess you are probably using Brine King pantheon for stun immunity at the moment. But if you use Heart of Oak and craft 50% chance to avoid stun on a flask you should be nearly stun immune, you can get a crafted jewel with 10% stun immunity too so you can hit 100% during flask effect. You can drop the frenzy charges for some more points and drop the small cluster jewels for now if you need extra jewel slots. Ideally you want to get to around 95 so you can use the second set of cluster jewels.

You can also drop the essence worm, I found the skitterbots don't help that much. Use the slot to add a ring with T1 life and decent mana and any resists you need. I'd aim for some chaos resist too. If you can get some on gloves belt and the ring slot that will help a lot, then fill out the rest with jewels. Speaking of jewels, getting 1 vigil jewel and putting it in the scion starting jewel slot would be a good idea. It will make your fortify last over 30 seconds. That will make it easier to keep fortify up 100% of the time, without fortify you have basically no physical mitigation apart from dodge. One last thing would be a quartz flask instead of a sulphur one, that should get your dodge up to near cap and the phasing is nice too. Also you can try a Divine Mana flask, it doesn't last as long but will regenerate a lot more mana per second.

On to the damage, 25k should be fine for bosses. You have to make sure your popping all your mines during the 4seconds after you pop arcane cloak as that is when the build indigon will be giving you max dps. After this 4 seconds you won't be doing much damage. Also you don't want to use enhance or any quality on arcane cloak until you get Divergant arcane cloak, this is because the indigion buff only lasts 4 seconds and the quality on arcane cloak makes arcane cloak last longer. You want to be using arcane cloak as much as possible so the shorter it lasts the more times you can activate it. I hope that makes sense. Speaking of Arcane Cloak once you get Divergant Arcane Cloak that will be about 30% more dps too.

Put that level 4 enhance in your weapon to use with Divergant Berserk, it will make a big difference. as every % in quality adds 1% more dps. Currently you only have a lvl 2 enhance in there. Also if you can get a weapon with +2 to support skills that will be a huge dps increase too for Berserk. Honestly you should have enough dps without it though, it will just make bosses die a lot faster. Your main hand weapon looks a bit weak, I'd probably swap to something with some more crit/spell damage/crit multi until you finish crafting your current weapon.

Finally you can try Blazing Salvo instead of Ball Lightning, it will give you a lot more upfront dps. If you try this swap slower proj for trap and mine damage.

That should give you a few tips to start with. I've managed to clear almost everything deathless (haven't attempted Maven yet, memory game too scary lol) without using berserk of divergant arcane cloak so far.

Edit - Also just noticed you have high level gems in your trigger weapon, these can cause you get get 1 shot by reflect if they trigger during the indigon buff. If you drop down to lvl 1 gems you don't really need to worry about it.

That is more than just a quick look, thank you very much for that in-depth analysis. Everything you said made sense except for the high level gems in my MH. I never run ele reflect maps but I have noticed I tend to get 1-shot quite a bit on phys reflect maps -- it's hit or miss, sometimes I just mow through them and sometimes I just spin my wheels dying time after time. Is it phys reflect you're referring to?
Last edited by msdunkel on Feb 23, 2021, 8:56:08 AM
"
That is more than just a quick look, thank you very much for that in-depth analysis. Everything you said made sense except for the high level gems in my MH. I never run ele reflect maps but I have noticed I tend to get 1-shot quite a bit on phys reflect maps -- it's hit or miss, sometimes I just mow through them and sometimes I just spin my wheels dying time after time. Is it phys reflect you're referring to?

Not OP, but yeah your Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction both do quite a bit of phys dmg at max lvl, so having a lvl 1 version for phys reflect would probably help a lot.
Last edited by xkl_xh on Feb 23, 2021, 1:40:04 PM
Hi, i've tried to make akane's BL miner but i think i have made a terrible mistake. I have spent well over 150ex in this build but it feels like i have no damage. Someone insisted that i must dont know how to play this build, but im using proper combo berserk, arcane cloak, bear traps, vigil, trigger spells, stacking mines etc.
When i tried to find some written version of akane's build found this one.
I dont even know who or where should i ask what i am doing wrong so i end up here.
Is there any kind soul that can help me out?

https://pastebin.com/fSHhAd0b
Last edited by Xebuki on Mar 4, 2021, 7:34:13 PM
"
Xebuki wrote:
Hi, i've tried to make akane's BL miner but i think i have made a terrible mistake. I have spent well over 150ex in this build but it feels like i have no damage. Someone insisted that i must dont know how to play this build, but im using proper combo berserk, arcane cloak, bear traps, vigil, trigger spells, stacking mines etc.
I dont even know who or where should i ask what i am doing wrong so i end up here.

I'd recommend switching to Blaving Salvo for bossing and Arc for mapping. Just take out slower proj for trap and mine damage (works for both clear and bossing skills) put a vaal rf instead of just rf. Helps during boss fights.

I have around twice your dps but I'm deleting bosses, so you might not be timing your buffs right. I'd recommend dropping sigil first, then bear trap, berserk, mines, arcane then detonate immediately after (add vaal rf after berserk once you get it) don't forget most of your damage will come from the 4 seconds after you used arcane cloak and berserk, so if you detonate your mines too late you'll have no dps.

Idk if this is the best way but this is what I've been doing, hope it helps :P

"
Zarakilya wrote:
"
Xebuki wrote:

I'd recommend switching to Blaving Salvo for bossing and Arc for mapping. Just take out slower proj for trap and mine damage (works for both clear and bossing skills) put a vaal rf instead of just rf. Helps during boss fights.

I have around twice your dps but I'm deleting bosses, so you might not be timing your buffs right. I'd recommend dropping sigil first, then bear trap, berserk, mines, arcane then detonate immediately after (add vaal rf after berserk once you get it) don't forget most of your damage will come from the 4 seconds after you used arcane cloak and berserk, so if you detonate your mines too late you'll have no dps.

Idk if this is the best way but this is what I've been doing, hope it helps :P

I mean i might have exaggerated i do have some damage, but im nowhere near melting bosses. Comparing my pob to akane's im missing 400k avg dmg. I know my gear isnt perfect but i have only 1/3 of that damage
"
Xebuki wrote:

Are you sure your lightning resistance is the highest resistance?
Because POB shows fire/lightning 53/71 but Timeless Jewel may give additional +20% Fire resistance on Aqueous Accelerant node and I don't see it in POB calculation.

So Wise Oak flask may be don't work.

(May be it depend on Timeless Jewel numbers - not sure)
Last edited by AVDem on Mar 5, 2021, 6:04:41 AM
"
AVDem wrote:
"
Xebuki wrote:

Are you sure your lightning resistance is the highest resistance?
Because POB shows fire/lightning 53/71 but Timeless Jewel may give additional +20% Fire resistance on Aqueous Accelerant node and I don't see it in POB calculation.

So Wise Oak flask may be don't work.

(May be it depend on Timeless Jewel numbers - not sure)

Yes fire cold light are 76/90/94
Strange. May be really something is incorrect in skill sequence. Myself I prefer mine spam instead of stacking but don't have any problem with bosses.

As Zarakilya mentioned use sigil first and spend mana inside for other skills.

Also Bottled Faith flask should give a lot of damage. It is not very expensive now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info