[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
Thanks for your reply, Remi! So that's after the 3rd lab?

Edit: Just downloaded POB and I see a totally different build from what's in the guide. I'm confused...

Like here there are a lot of points in Life

In the bottom left of the pob three there is a list of different trees.
well folks, ARC has been so darn good I've switched over completely, I finally feel like this is my 'endgame' setup as I never come close to death in any T16 now and I clear in 2 min.

BUT!!!
Level 83 incursions I am still failing, I don't get it but I just run Alva on Yellows for now or white low level reds.

VERY WEIRD, the mobs just feel SUPER tanky, maybe Light Pen for temple??

Tried arc for a few maps but I think I prefer ball lightning w/ LMP for clear. Arc seems a little less reliable for killing high HP targets depending on how the chains land, whereas ball lightning I can consistently just fire and move on. Arc also feels slower for high density packs that take a lot of chains to get through. The clear range is nice though, and I tended to offscreen more things as Arc.

EDIT: Realized I hadn't been wearing my explodey mace, so went back and gave it a second chance. It's definitely better clear in most situations, especially wide open areas. I still give the edge to ball lightning for extremely dense packs. Bossing feels significantly worse than ball lightning so far. Arc single target sims about 20% lower than ball lightning, so a difference was to be expected, but it feels like more than 20%. May be a playstyle issue there I need to adjust to, the visual feedback on arc mines is much more subtle than ball lightning which could be a factor.
Last edited by Dolmur on Jul 11, 2020, 12:13:49 PM
I have now been doing arc all day. Here is my report.

First off, I do believe that my gear is on the top end. Notable examples are:

Thus there might be a threshhold that I am not aware of. Having said that, for me switching to arc was a revelation. I have done everything with it today awakener 8, delirium maps, harvest bosses. Not once did I have the desire to switch back.

I made some changes to the tree - most notably I am using two large clusterjewels and 4 medium ones. I am still agonizing over whether to stay with the three crit nodes or get the +30% chain range. I am using crusader as an enchantment. My profile is open, Caemeria is the char that I play.

Any suggestions, comments etc. are welcome.

Edit: the triggered spells (aside from elemental weakness) got me killed in so many reflect maps that I simply switched them out.
Last edited by Faendris on Jul 11, 2020, 12:59:09 PM
"
Faendris wrote:

Thus there might be a threshhold that I am not aware of. Having said that, for me switching to arc was a revelation. I have done everything with it today awakener 8, delirium maps, harvest bosses. Not once did I have the desire to switch back.

I made some changes to the tree - most notably I am using two large clusterjewels and 4 medium ones. I am still agonizing over whether to stay with the three crit nodes or get the +30% chain range. I am using crusader as an enchantment. My profile is open, Caemeria is the char that I play.

Edit: the triggered spells (aside from elemental weakness) got me killed in so many reflect maps that I simply switched them out.

Oh I was going to comment on the reflect problem with Wave of Conviction... Its definitely one of my gripes with the build because after a while you think you are unkillable, until WoC triggers in a large pack and you go poof...
"
Faendris wrote:

What do you think about Inquisitor?

Also you forgot Quality on Boots, Helmet and Belt
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Jul 11, 2020, 3:11:14 PM
"
Faendris wrote:

Lol yea I stopped using the trigger spells for mapping a long time ago, all they did was occasionally get me killed for basically no benefit. Once gear is good enough it's definitely bad to use them.

I did a bunch more arc playing as well, and though I do love the clear, it seems significantly more dangerous to play. With ball lightning LMP you create basically an expanding shield of death around you as you go, whereas arc doesn't leave anything behind so it's easier to get caught. Arc also has issues with large dense packs that include an "allies cannot be killed" rare. If the arcs pick a bad chain path they just won't kill the rare in a timely fashion and the pack has a chance to kill you. I had a couple close calls due to that, and when I finally died from it I decided it was time to swap back to BL. If all I wanted was to map quickly, arc would be the play, but as I'm level 98 and trying to push 100 I think ball lightning is the better choice.
Last edited by Dolmur on Jul 11, 2020, 3:17:15 PM
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:

What do you think about Inquisitor?

Also you forgot Quality on Boots, Helmet and Belt

Ups, I always forget that :). But at least for the Helmet it makes no difference (we are agnostic).

I am thinking about going Inquisitor but I really, really like Hiero. I guess there is no way but to test it in game.

Cheers!
Faendris, how did you end up getting the arcane cloak lab enchant, just crazy spam lab yourself for it? I've had a trade search running for a looooong time with no hits.
"
Faendris wrote:

Hi Faendris,
Your weapons are amazing. Mind to share how to craft something similar to this?
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info