[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

someone can help me. my single target damage is too low.
BTW guys, I just realize something. Based on the wording of spellslinger gem, both fire damage to attacks and fire damage to spells SCALE your VD damage:
"Supported Skills have Added Spell Damage equal to (50-100)% of Damage of Equipped Wand"

Previously, I thought only the fire damage to spells scale VD because it is a SPELL. But playing around with POB, seems like that is not the case. It does scale the attack ones.

I tried removing the spellslinger support, and then the fire damage to attacks doesn't scale anymore.

So seems like we can go crazy in our wands and get really high flat fire damage, both fire damage to attacks and fire damage to spells.
Last edited by jmsmadrigal on Apr 18, 2020, 1:42:06 PM
"
I'm lacking lots of accuracy and only get 70-80% cĥance to hit, so I'm crafting or buying some accuracy rating on some of my gear and that takes place.

Is it important to be near 100% ?

You mean on your barrage? Accuracy does nothing for spells as they always hit. So your VD always hit. You only need barrage to spawn VD and apply curse. I dont think accuracy matters in this build.
This looks like a lot of fun. I have a lvl79 arc witch I'm bored with. If I respeced into this, what would I need to focus on first? I don't really have any currency (couple ex) so I'd have to make it work on a budget to start.

Doable? Worth it? Suggestions?
"
jmsmadrigal wrote:
BTW guys, I just realize something. Based on the wording of spellslinger gem, both fire damage to attacks and fire damage to spells SCALE your VD damage:
"Supported Skills have Added Spell Damage equal to (50-100)% of Damage of Equipped Wand"

Previously, I thought only the fire damage to spells scale VD because it is a SPELL. But playing around with POB, seems like that is not the case. It does scale the attack ones.

I tried removing the spellslinger support, and then the fire damage to attacks doesn't scale anymore.

So seems like we can go crazy in our wands and get really high flat fire damage, both fire damage to attacks and fire damage to spells.

Well.. yes, the guide says that you want at least x to fire damage and it can be a mix of both normal fire damage and to spells since they both work so just slam whatever you can.
Last edited by Zinfuji on Apr 18, 2020, 5:22:15 PM
"
Zinfuji wrote:
"
jmsmadrigal wrote:

Well.. yes, the guide says that you want at least x to fire damage and it can be a mix of both normal fire damage and to spells since they both work so just slam whatever you can.

Ahh yep, I just happen to read it now. I didnt really read OP's guide, just checked his profile and tree, since I already have same build previously but not tanky enough like this. Cheers mate.
Hi all!

I just change to this build. I bought all what my budget allowed me.

If anyone can check if everything is ok I will really appreciated!

And I will like to know which is the best option to upgrade first. I did not expend a couple of exalts in case something is wrong and need to be change.

Spoiler

I was not sure if I supposed to use frenzy until I can allow an awakened curse on hit gem. So for now, I'm just using enhance

Life: 5.418

ES: 284

Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMI9BBREFgUIBUnFm8XLxo4GnIc3B0UHwIfGCSqJy8o-iycLOIv1jD4MtE1kjbFNuk6WDrYPfxBh0SrRUdG_kqfTLNR-1WuVcZV1lZIWGNb1VwUXz9k52aeZrpncWjyakNqu2vbbzt4DXlogKSCEIKbgseD24dlibyMsYzPjxqPRo-mkFWbiqDmogCnCKg1qW6u_7Xytz64k7zqvk_AGsBmwQTGisbYzRbQH9Wm2CTYvd-w42rr7uyK7w7v6_Af9kj56PrS_gr-jw==?accountName=Sanfear&characterName=Mybolts

Thank you beforehand for any tip you can tell me!!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 19, 2020, 12:08:20 AM
I'm wondering, is there any point in taking 'Corrosive Elements' cluster jewel passive? (besides Sadist/Doryani's of course)
Last edited by orzel on Apr 19, 2020, 3:13:14 AM
"
orzel wrote:
I'm wondering, is there any point in taking 'Corrosive Elements' cluster jewel passive? (beside's Sadist/Doryani's of course)

that's a good question, we already hit enemies with wave of conviction which also applies exposure but a higher one, so not sure if they stack or what.

Edit: I am also wondering exactly how we can scale our single target, the clearspeed is amazing, I just want to get some extra oompf in my singletarget and I havent played volatile dead enough to know how to achieve that, any and all help is appreciated.
I do already have a 21 vd and desecrate if that matters
Last edited by Chridian on Apr 19, 2020, 3:01:51 AM

AL8 Syrius and Simulacrum 20 : DOWN with ease.
With this build the only way u can die is by not paying attention.
Did both of those ( Syrius and Simu ) deathless...easy peazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info