[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
arzate03 wrote:
I have currency for either awakened curse on hit or awakened spell cascade. Which is better?

According to PoB Flammability and Elemental Weakness do not stack. The higher/better curse counts. so no point using AcoH.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"

Anyway.. personally, I wouldnt try to really min max this build to extreme end. The natural evolving curve is as follows:

1) get the base build going, good res, good block
2) implement HoAsh
3) get the good jewells, rings and spell dmg
4) go LL (and either crit or EO)

Going LL is expensive (I would prepare like 30exa for starters), but its the VD endgame. Anger, Zealotry, double rings, HoAsh, Lone mesenger, and double cluster trees. Auls Amulet costs 11exa. and with all the life chaos res expensive end game gear, the difference in price is minimal. But the difference in damage is colossal.

I would like to see your talk on paper. How come you speak like theory crafting the build is your obsession but your profile is like you started the league yesterday?

According to PoB, your build has about 85k dps per ball and the gear is pretty much a bunch of random stuff you picked up during leveling. How you do simulacrum wave 20 with more than 2 stacks on that build?

With my gear I am at 160k Shaper DPS per ball, which is not bad for a life based build (LL can go up to 500k on crit version I have seen) and besides all that phys reduction, block chance and chaos res, I still struggle on end game content like simulacrum and full delirious maps (also thanks to lag - the build f.,.s my hardware).

Last edited by ibims111 on Apr 17, 2020, 3:26:13 AM

It feels like i have no damage and defence at all. What i have done wrong?
POB: https://pastebin.com/cteazUaW
11k damage in tooltip
Last edited by SecyrBb on Apr 17, 2020, 4:35:46 AM
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
arzate03 wrote:
I have currency for either awakened curse on hit or awakened spell cascade. Which is better?

According to PoB Flammability and Elemental Weakness do not stack. The higher/better curse counts. so no point using AcoH.

Incorrect.

PoB works as if you can only play 1 curse, which is right as default.

Awakened Curse on hit, allows the supported skill to apply a second curse (which is tested and working).

Awakened Curse on hit doesnt allows 2nd curse on PoB either, but in game it actually works both curses at same time. So to calculate the real dps you can ninja edit any item an add "You can apply an additional curse"

3.12 - Leveling to 100 on Sirus Kill: https://youtu.be/0z493V7yZ-E
Last edited by Kelzar on Apr 17, 2020, 4:42:07 AM
"
Kelzar wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
arzate03 wrote:

Incorrect.

PoB works as if you can only play 1 curse, which is right as default.

Awakened Curse on hit, allows the supported skill to apply a second curse (which is tested and working).

Awakened Curse on hit doesnt allows 2nd curse on PoB either, but in game it actually works both curses at same time. So to calculate the real dps you can ninja edit any item an add "You can apply an additional curse"

Ah, thanks for pointing that out for me. My bad.
What is your volatile dead damage?

Thanks so much for this build, Woke8 went down with no trouble at all and I'm having a blast!
Selling this, if somebody is interested:

Helmet flat dps mods works better than warlord nearby enemies minus fire res.

Gloves have white socket in place, so you can play double curse with barrage, or single curse with frenzy/barrage support.

Both wands are pretty wild wild west into PoB calculations.
3.12 - Leveling to 100 on Sirus Kill: https://youtu.be/0z493V7yZ-E
Last edited by Kelzar on Apr 17, 2020, 2:06:02 PM
"
SecyrBb wrote:

It feels like i have no damage and defence at all. What i have done wrong?
POB: https://pastebin.com/cteazUaW
11k damage in tooltip

Hey man, hopefully this helps.

So regarding DPS, I assume you are talking about single target. Here are couple things you can try (in order of importance).
1) Get CD recovery in your boots and belt. It boost single target by a ton.
2) Get level 5 awakened spell cascade. This is good specially that you have the +1 volatile dead enchant on your helm.
3) Get the mod "nearby enemies have -% fire resistance" in your helm.
4) Your wand is fine. The flat fire is really good. But it would really help to have at least 90 crit chance to have your EO up all the time.
5) Get 10% fire pen in your amulet. Catalyst it to boost up to 12%.
6) Get the 10% ele pen boots enchant. It also boost your single target.
7) Get level 5 awakened curse on hit. This way you can apply two curses. Link it with barrage > awakened curse on hit > ele weakness > flammability.
8) Incorporate HoAsh. Try to back-read this thread, and you can find out different insights about it. But the gist is that you get HoAsh, get Circle of Anguish (fire damage + mana reservation variant), get lone messenger small passive, and remove wave of conviction as spellslinger. You can then slot wave conviction in your wand, and put combustion in your shield because it will be triggered by your reckoning.
9) Get level 20 Vaal righteous fire for that extra juicy 28% more spell damage.
10) You can get extra flat fire in helmet and gloves, if you can afford it, but that is really hard.
11) It helps if you have ele pen corruption on any of your jewels.

Regarding defense, I haven't checked your tree and flasks but I don't see how you would struggle with being tanky in this character.
1) You have tempest shield + bone offering which are always up.
2) You have molten shell + vaal molten shell which mitigates a lot of damage. Try getting armour base on your gloves and boots.
3) You have the correct amulet annoint which is deflection.
4) Your current equipped shield packs alot of armour and chance to block on top of the reckoning and life recovery on block.
5) I assume you use Rumis which give additional chance to block.
6) I assume you have Anatomical Knowledge and Might of the Meek for that extra life boost.
7) Get the mod "+1 minimum endurance charge" in 2 of your rings/amulet.
8) You can slot "endurance charge on melee hit" on your shield. Like combustion, it will be triggered by your reckoning, and it will be triggered almost every time.
9) It helps if you have corrupted blood corruption in one of your jewels.

I might have missed something but those are the things on top of my head. Currently at level 94, I melt any t16 bosses, conquerors, Kosis and A8 Sirus. Sirus cant even touch with the "die beam" with the help of Solaris pantheon and my belt. I can run t16 100% delirious without a problem and can do deathless Simulacrum. Kosis can be a problem sometimes in wave 20 depending on the mods, but for the most part, I just facetank him. So definitely, the deeps and tankiness is there, if you have the correct setup.

Hopefully this all helps.
Last edited by jmsmadrigal on Apr 17, 2020, 12:08:06 PM
Tree wise, mine is slightly different from the OP tree, however getting unwavering stance (at the cost of 4% dodge) seems infinitely worth it when in high level sims.

Not died in a high level sim since I made this change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info