[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Currently leveling with this build and just walking through everything at level 57, best level experience I've ever had.

My only concern is, there are about a billion buttons to press when using every skill. Is there a way to not having to press so many buttons? My hands would kill me

I also sticked with the build till around lvl 80 and changed it abit to better fit my playstyle. You can look my character (TheyStoleMyPanties) to see the gem setup.

Basically wave/curse/golem on trigger wand, manually cast brand recall, cloak, brands and shield charge/flame dash. Not using atm Vaal RF and Cry.

Feels much better for me.
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
"
Tramazings wrote:

When i put that mace in Pob i got a 800k dps decrease. I'm almost at 10mil dps, im struggling to find a wand that improves it.
I did get myself to 7.7k ehp though with the help of cluster jewels, and unnatural instinct.

surprised to see that. wonder if something is messed up in your configuration? the scepter only has 25% less lightning spell dmg, but has more mana, signficantly more cast speed, and gains extra chaos dmg, which theoretically should easily outweigh the lower spell dmg. ignoring the flat fire which is immaterial.

as an update i made this beautiful bastard, althought the socketed crit doesn't help im happy with it

Found a better shield as well

Also trying to find some expensive elusive boots that fit my build

Just breezed through uber elder deathless with instant phases, almost at 7.9k ehp, 8.7k mana, and almost at 9mil damage
Last edited by Tramazings on Apr 5, 2020, 6:12:56 PM
Hi there,

i really like the build and it plays extremely fluent. But for some days now i'm trying to figure out why my build doesn't do as much damage as the PoB of the OP.

https://pastebin.com/wGTGXuWV

That is my current setup and i can do most maps without any problems, currently trying to get my last watchstone for Awakening 8. So damage is not really the problem. But if i compare my 840k DPS to OP's 2.6m DPS that's quite the difference. I tried to collect equivalent gear to OP's but even gear for 4ex+ would only change my DPS by 40k which in my opinion wouldn't be worth it.

Does anyone understand or know where my character is stuck?
Last edited by habi92 on Apr 5, 2020, 9:20:45 PM
"
habi92 wrote:
Hi there,

i really like the build and it plays extremely fluent. But for some days now i'm trying to figure out why my build doesn't do as much damage as the PoB of the OP.

https://pastebin.com/wGTGXuWV

That is my current setup and i can do most maps without any problems, currently trying to get my last watchstone for Awakening 8. So damage is not really the problem. But if i compare my 840k DPS to OP's 2.6m DPS that's quite the difference. I tried to collect equivalent gear to OP's but even gear for 4ex+ would only change my DPS by 40k which in my opinion wouldn't be worth it.

Does anyone understand or know where my character is stuck?

It might be that you don't have everything under configuration in POB selected?
Yeah i looked at your pob and if you go in and select things like are you leeching energy shield, full on energy shield, is the enemy shocked, do you have power charges, enemy lightning resists/wave of conviction, it will go drastically up
Last edited by Tramazings on Apr 5, 2020, 10:29:49 PM
Can someone tell me why it feels like I can't replace my Apep's? It seems to out damage just about everything i try in PoB to replace it with.
"
Asag wrote:
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Currently leveling with this build and just walking through everything at level 57, best level experience I've ever had.

My only concern is, there are about a billion buttons to press when using every skill. Is there a way to not having to press so many buttons? My hands would kill me

I also sticked with the build till around lvl 80 and changed it abit to better fit my playstyle. You can look my character (TheyStoleMyPanties) to see the gem setup.

Basically wave/curse/golem on trigger wand, manually cast brand recall, cloak, brands and shield charge/flame dash. Not using atm Vaal RF and Cry.

Feels much better for me.

That looks very interesting. Will probably regear into that soon.

I just reached lvl 66 with this build and it been very easy leveling. Once you reach lvl 31+ and get good cast rate on brand recall, you are golden.

Some questions I have:

How useful is Vaal RF?
It gives some boss AoE DPS but risky at the same time.
Can we enchance the damagy anyway? Is it needed at mapping?

How useful is Rally Warcry?
It uses one jewel slot 1(+1), skill slot and taunt enemies for 10% of damage is recovered as mana over 4 secs. We can get that on rings and other stuff.

Can we use support spectres?
I dont use shield charge and could drop RF+warcry, that would give me 3-4 slots to work with (spectre+blood magic +meat shield + minion life). Some good spectres are Arena Master (new), various ape cheiftians, proximity shield or hellion cat.

Are there other useful support skill for 3-4 links?
Vaal rf for me is a noticeable dmg boost on bosses, and the leech I have makes the dmg I take from it unnoticeable. Rally warcry not so sure about it to be honest. Using spectres is an interesting idea.
"
Tramazings wrote:

It might be that you don't have everything under configuration in POB selected?
Yeah i looked at your pob and if you go in and select things like are you leeching energy shield, full on energy shield, is the enemy shocked, do you have power charges, enemy lightning resists/wave of conviction, it will go drastically up

That was it, thank you very much!
"
Tramazings wrote:
Vaal rf for me is a noticeable dmg boost on bosses, and the leech I have makes the dmg I take from it unnoticeable. Rally warcry not so sure about it to be honest. Using spectres is an interesting idea.

Right.

I missunderstood Vaal RF and thought to AoE circle was the important bit. It is the 15-28% more spell damage thats the multiplier that is key. Might still use this. Will try out spectres and see if they are any of use to us.
This build is awesome! Just hit 81 with mediocre gear and it already wreaks absolute havoc.
Could anybody please take a look at my char and suggest me what to improve next?
Is a lightning damage watcher's eye worth it? (those are priced around 1ex at the moment).

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info