[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

"
DanutMS wrote:
"
Vickery wrote:
I'm in SSF and find that I sometimes just die for now real reason. Switching from a Tabula will clerly help, but can someone take a look at my character Vickarama and let me know if there's anything I should be changing to help me survive?

Not what you're asking for but the first thing I noticed is that you have a increased area of effect gem socketed inside your helmet - which already has "socketed skills are supported by lvl 18 increased area of effect".

Apart from that, your gear doesn't have much life. I don't think the extra links for orb of storms are really worth it, I'd just get a normal helmet with way more life and mana. Your rings also have no life.

I'm not convinced that the Healthy Mind jewel is worth it. You get a lot of mana out of it, but you'd probably still be fine with 5.6k mana, and given you have just 2.7k life the extra 500 life would probably be better. It would make the brand casting a bit more annoying though, so try it out and see how it feels.

Have you picked Alira as your bandit? Otherwise you don't seem to be resist capped.

Thanks. Ive mad ethe changes you both suggested and I am back to running T16 maps more efficiently already.
Can anyone tell me what should I use in secondary weapon slot?
Is cast speed mod on wand/sceptre worth it at all for this storm brand build? Im using a profane wand, so it has a cast speed implicit, but im more concerned with the suffix mod itself. PoB says it's a dps increase obviously, but just thinking it through you dont really cast much besides brand recall which is an instant cast. So it there a better suffix than cast speed to aim for?
Hey,

just recently swapped to this build and gotta say it's really great.

I'm doing pretty good on any kind of map, kinda getting bursted from time to time.

Apart from getting proper lvl20 + quality gems and amulet annoint, could anyone tell me what should I try to improve next? Maybe the scepter?

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/qXuiQh8s

Thanks a ton.
Anyone more experienced than me (About to hit 1000 hours and have a lot to learn still) help me max my build a little more? Preferably in the defenses/health area. Budget is not an issue. Rocking 2 fevered minds both 40% spell dmg, 2 10% mana spirited responses, and watcher's eye with 53% lightning damage with wrath and energy leech with wrath. Thank you in advance if you help!

I know i could go cluster jewels but I wouldn't know what to sacrifice for that, and i really wouldn't want it to be my defenses, such as health/es.

Ahoy, how do you feel about using this Large Cluster?
How will this medium cluster do? I suspect it's a good one for this build?

Rarity: Rare
Oblivion Shine
Medium Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
Adds 4 Passive Skills (enchant)
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Damage with Brand Skills (enchant)
--------
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +6 to Maximum Mana
1 Added Passive Skill is Seeker Runes
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket
--------
Place into an allocated Medium or Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Corrupted
--------
Note: ~price 1 mir
"
Jas19ILLINI wrote:
Is cast speed mod on wand/sceptre worth it at all for this storm brand build? Im using a profane wand, so it has a cast speed implicit, but im more concerned with the suffix mod itself. PoB says it's a dps increase obviously, but just thinking it through you dont really cast much besides brand recall which is an instant cast. So it there a better suffix than cast speed to aim for?

Cast speed affects the tick rate of storm brand, so it is absolutely a good thing to have. It honestly makes the build play a little smoother as well. This build feels best IMO when it emphasizes mobility and speed because the power is already there.

On a budget but I cant do any red maps without dying multiple times. Followed the guide close except for cwdt brand recall because i hate that playstyle. Any suggestions to not die so much?

Ignore glove craft waiting on the storm brand craft. also resistances are perfectly balanced at 75 for each to help with wise oak
Last edited by tad2q on Apr 3, 2020, 4:41:05 PM
"
tad2q wrote:

On a budget but I cant do any red maps without dying multiple times. Followed the guide close except for cwdt brand recall because i hate that playstyle. Any suggestions to not die so much?

Ignore glove craft waiting on the storm brand craft. also resistances are perfectly balanced at 75 for each to help with wise oak

There are a few pieces you could upgrade to get a higher health pool/energy shield, I have 7350 ehp and never get one-shot anymore after i did some readjusting and investment into my gear, spent some ex to get it done.
Your shield could definitely have more health/mana, your mind spiral could be 10% max mana to energy shield, your boots have no mana which can make your ehp bigger as well.
I posted a little bit before you to ask anyone on here if they could help even further increase my defenses but no responses yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info